Lamar basketball

MikelSR

I was a HUGE LU fan growing up and the only time I was in that building was when we played WOS in a bi-district playoff game in '88. I remember walking up to the area where the arena is and looking around for a few minutes in awe of it. Great memory.

I hope the money that was donated goes toward whatever infrastructure that the teams need. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Are you saying there may be a correlation that Lamar shoots it better against NAIA schools?  

😉

If you can’t shoot then you better tighten up D and get easy buckets otherwise it’s going to be a long year. 

I do believe it will be better than last year.

Losing Adams was big he would ve been the captain of this team.

Last year everyone said Brooks would turn Lamar’s basketball program around. I don’t think they have beaten a D1 school yet. Other than soccer or tennis Lamar’s sports programs have fallen on hard times. For some reason they just can’t compete at the D1 level. It’s sad because they used to be able to compete in men’s basketball and baseball

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

Last year everyone said Brooks would turn Lamar’s basketball program around. I don’t think they have beaten a D1 school yet. Other than soccer or tennis Lamar’s sports programs have fallen on hard times. For some reason they just can’t compete at the D1 level. It’s sad because they used to be able to compete in men’s basketball and baseball

Lindenwood is a D1.  First year as a D1, but a D1. 

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Oh wow so they finally beat a D1 even though a very weak one

still looks like they will finish conference play in last place

They may not finish last because six teams (including Lamar) in Southland are rated 327 and below in power ratings.

I agree it is a pathetic state of affairs.  The commitment to Division I is just not there. Their salaries and budget are too low to be on a competitive level.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, spidersal said:

Lamar’s basketball program is the same as it’s football program. It’s a dumpster fire. Brooks is a good coach but with the shape it was in when he came in and lack of funds it will take a while to build anything that would be remotely competitive. I personally believe that Lamar could be a worthy sports program if the powers that be would let it. If they would realize how much revenue they would make in this area by putting more money in the sports programs and putting successful teams on the field/court. This area would start supporting them more. Nobody wants to go pay money and see their hometown team get humiliated.

8 hours ago, Coach85 said:

Lamar’s basketball program is the same as it’s football program. It’s a dumpster fire. Brooks is a good coach but with the shape it was in when he came in and lack of funds it will take a while to build anything that would be remotely competitive. I personally believe that Lamar could be a worthy sports program if the powers that be would let it. If they would realize how much revenue they would make in this area by putting more money in the sports programs and putting successful teams on the field/court. This area would start supporting them more. Nobody wants to go pay money and see their hometown team get humiliated.

Hard to do when you have first time AD’s that don’t have a clue what they are doing. Lamar will never have a successful athletic program until they get someone that knows how to hire coaches and raise funds.