BC 12 BH 8 Final game 1

Jody has managed to sink to a new low (and that is, of course, saying a lot since he holds the web site's record for lows). His last post on this thread with his 'picture' demonstrates a lack of class that reflects poorly on everyone at BH. As a moderator, I take personal offense to that.

He is entitled to his opinion about what constitutes bias (which he clearly defines as any opinion that does not heap praise upon BH). I'm not sure why he thinks every moderator on this board in biased but, again, I guess we don't blindly believe that BH athletics is the best in Texas.

As far as the 'who is better?' -- Angelle or Bagley, I will bluntly state my opinion that Angelle is, by far, better. That doesn't mean on any given night one might 'perform' better than the other but, all in all, Angelle (again, my opinion) is better. He is a better HS pitcher and he is a more projectible pitcher at either the college or professional level. That doesn't mean Bagley is a bad pitcher. He isn't. He is, in fact, very good. So is Listi. I am sure Jody thinks they are good simply because they swept BH in district.

Baseball America and Perfect Game both rank Angelle much higher than Bagley. Angelle is #192 in the country and Bagley is #587. Granted, there is no 'shame' in being the 587th best player in your graduating class for the entire country but...Angelle is nearly 400 slots better. I guess those 2 organizations are biased, too ?!?!

Finally - SPECIAL NOTE TO JODY: "It is better to keep quiet and have people only think you're an idiot then opening your mouth and removing all doubt."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by both teams. If the Hill continues to hit the ball well' date=' they have a great shot to take game two. The better hope that Hales can throw that curveball for strikes. Good luck to both teams.[/quote']

WOW!! nice post Orangboy i didn't know you had it n you.

Jody has managed to sink to a new low (and that is' date=' of course, saying a lot since he holds the web site's record for lows). His last post on this thread with his 'picture' demonstrates a lack of class that reflects poorly on everyone at BH. As a moderator, I take personal offense to that.

He is entitled to his opinion about what constitutes bias (which he clearly defines as any opinion that does not heap praise upon BH). I'm not sure why he thinks every moderator on this board in biased but, again, I guess we don't blindly believe that BH athletics is the best in Texas.

As far as the 'who is better?' -- Angelle or Bagley, I will bluntly state my opinion that Angelle is, by far, better. That doesn't mean on any given night one might 'perform' better than the other but, all in all, Angelle (again, my opinion) is better. He is a better HS pitcher and he is a more projectible pitcher at either the college or professional level. That doesn't mean Bagley is a bad pitcher. He isn't. He is, in fact, very good. So is Listi. I am sure Jody thinks they are good simply because they swept BH in district.

Baseball America and Perfect Game both rank Angelle much higher than Bagley. Angelle is #192 in the country and Bagley is #587. Granted, there is no 'shame' in being the 587th best player in your graduating class for the entire country but...Angelle is nearly 400 slots better. I guess those 2 organizations are biased, too ?!?!

Finally - SPECIAL NOTE TO JODY: "It is better to keep quiet and have people only think you're an idiot then opening your mouth and removing all doubt."[/quote']

You are so full of :bss

Your views of BH this year have been completly Bias and I have called you on it several times. You have your opinions no matter how wrong they may be! You have written off district 23 since the beginning while they are the only district left with two reps. If you would pop your head out of your area once in a while you would reallize how small it is and Texas is a hugh state full of teams that are better than our little neck of the woods. Yor comment about Beleiving that BH athletics is the best in Texas is a Joke because that is exactly what we read on here every day about any Team in east Texas. As far as the Rankings you should know that rankings don't mean Crap. did you ever think that Angelle is ranked so high because he has had more exsposure (State Playoffs). your last comment cood be redirected to as well my friend.

Jody has managed to sink to a new low (and that is' date=' of course, saying a lot since he holds the web site's record for lows). His last post on this thread with his 'picture' demonstrates a lack of class that reflects poorly on everyone at BH. As a moderator, I take personal offense to that.

Finally - SPECIAL NOTE TO JODY: "It is better to keep quiet and have people only think you're an idiot then opening your mouth and removing all doubt."[/quote']

Well put.

Guest Jody

I have no idea what picture you are talking about, however I am so please that all my effort to impress you was worth while. Baseball America rankings, please! If you knew so much about these two players you would have relized Bagley was out for much of the year......

As for BH, I have never stated BH is better than BC, nor have I said we have the best talent. What I have said is every team "East fo the Trinity" is over-rated, including LCM, BC, Jasper, WOS, Sislbee, etc...etc...etc... I think that is proving itself to be true each week as they continue to fall.

If you don't like my post and accurate opinions, delete or edit it as your moderating counterparts so often do anyway. Even better yet, avoid my post, open up page two on your "What WOS did in 1942" book and wein yourself of the knowledge I am sharing with you sports deprived Orange County tree-huggers.

Love from The HILL '''fa

Guest Jody

Jody' date='

Chill out man...

before you get banned...

i enjoy your post dont' wanna see you get banned for these rants...

we all know that BH carries a certain 'swagger' some might call arrogance but i like the point of view that you guys put on east texas...just tone it down a little

k :?:[/quote']

Just a little fun with my closest moderator friends..... :D Some people take smack way too serious.... :D

How is HF going to be in Football this year?

Well, let me throw my two cents in. I hope to dispell all bias by stating that I have known Kevin's mom for over 20 years and I am friends with several Huffman folks. Both Kevin and Jamie are GREAT pitchers and no, one is not head and shoulders above the other. They just have different styles, Jamie more the power guy and Kevin more on his stuff. Had Jamie not missed most of the season with his injury, I gather that he would have had the opportunity to sign with a D1 school this year as well. I expect both to be drafted well up in the order in the amateur draft in June and expect guys like Listi, Haymon and Arnold to get a look as well.

If they are fortunate to face each other, I am going to do my best to get off of work to make sure that I can make that one as it will be a CLASSIC. But both teams have a whole lot of big fish to fry before that happens.

Guest Jody

FYI....without the 5 runs given to BH that Horrible call by the ump (yes Broc Haymon caught that ball) the score would have only been 12-3

The ball hit the ground, it was the right call. I have to admit until I saw the video I was not sure either.

Guest Jody

I thought Listi looked as good if not a little better than Jamie. His breaking pitch is just nasty. Jamie was in his first game back, so I am sure his better stuff was yet to come.

The "hands-down" comment is just a little conversation maker.... :D Now having said that, if Angelle is not MUCH....MUCH.....MUCH better than last night, I stand by the "hands-down" statement. He did seem like a nice young man and seemed to not get too rattled.

Guest etbu

These games are going to won with the second and third pitchers in the three games series. The Lufkin Hudson second pitcher just like Listi and game three pithcers if it goes that far will have TONS to say about who wins. Not only did Bagley miss most of the season his family lost their home due a fire. Not to mention that his dad spent a week in the hospital recovering from some serious burns. There is alot that these kids deal with that we so much overlook. When they have a bad outing who knows what is going through their minds with all the pressure. These kid are under pressure that we do no realize. I sit behind the kid from Lcm Womack's father and mother last night in Kingwood. Think the player is under pressure how about the parents? The kid is a class act and not hard to realize why. Both Mr. and Ms. Womack are very nice people as many Lcm fans are. Anyway good luck to all the kids that play this weekend for our schools and just have fun and enjoy it.

Ok Everyone Group Hug :lol: Sorry if some donot like the views of us BH folks, I do want to say that Jody and I have opinions of our own and do not represent he BH public in any way. I was invited to come to this web site when it was started and love the conversation that is going on which makes this site Rock!!! If we are truly invited to come to this site then why not let us give Opinions????? We have been getting hammered about what we have said since we jhave joined this site and the funny thing is that mostly what we have said has turned out to be true.

Game two coming up BH will throw everything they have at the Cardinals. Will it be Enough we will see, but I think this is where BC will be tested to see if they truly are the #1 team in the state. For those traveling from the BC are have a save trip and Jody is buying food for everyone :lol:

Here's the write up from the BHSports Report.

It wasn't a no-hitter. Nor was it a shutout. And it was not a 5 inning run-ruled game as many had clamored would happen when the state's number one team faced a district runner-up team.

It was an exciting game to watch. It was a slug fest. But mostly it was a 12-8 victory for the home team Bridge City over Barbers Hill. The series will continue on Friday as the venue will now be the Eagles home turf. Game time is 7 p.m.

Barbers Hill opened the scoring in the top of the first when they scratched out a run against BC starter,Kevin Angelle. Chase Barrera reached on an infield hit and went to second on a passed ball. Angelle the got 2 of his 17 strikeouts and looked as though he would get out of the inning. But BH catcher Cameron Campbell lined a single up the middle to score Barrera. The 1-0 lead would be the Eagles last.

Bridge City then struck quickly against BH starter Derek Hulsey. After a lead-off single and a walk, centerfielder Johnny Dishon blasted a 3-2 pitch over the left centerfield fence. Hulsey then got the next 2 batters before trouble struck again. Another base hit put a runner at first with 2 outs. Hulsey was able to induce 2 ground balls from the next hitters but both turned into significat errors. Those errors allowed another run to score and ended the night on the mound for Hulsey. A Cardinal double plated 2 more before reliever Octavio Carmona ended the inning with a strikeout.

In the next 3 innings, the pitchers controlled the game. Barbers Hill picked up a hit in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th but Angelle got 6 Ks and a double play to prevent any damage by BH. Carmona meanwhile held the Cardinals in check. Octavio had to work out of one major jam in the 4th when he gave up a lead-off double. But he retired the next 3 batters to end the inning.

The 5th inning provided the next round of explosions. The Eagles touch Angelle for 5 runs. John Loranger started the rally with base-on-balls. Barrera singled placing runners at first and second. Both runners then advanced on a wild pitch. Colby Townley's ground out allowed Loranger to score and moved Barrera to 3rd. Carmona then swung at strike 3 in the dirt. Instead of throwing out Carmona at first, the catcher attempted to catch Barrera off at 3rd. But the throw was late and BH now had 2 runners on base. Senior Michael Padgett then connected on a 3-0 pitch for a 3-run homerun tying the game at 6.

But the euphoric feeling was once again short lived. Bridge City stormed right back getting 2 singles, a double and a homerun to regain the lead at 10-6. The Cardinals then added to their lead in the 6th with a single, 2 stolen bases, a sacrific fly and another homerun.

In the 7th, BH put up their final 2 runs with 2 outs. Campbell and Padgett singled. Both advanced on a throwing error. Hulsey then singled to right scoring both runners. But Angelle ended the game with another strikeout.

Winning pitcher Angelle went the distance. He put in a very gutsy performance. Angelle threw around 130 pitches striking out 17, gave up 10 hits, walked 1 and allowed 2 runners via 3rd strike but no put out at first.

Leading hitters for Barber Hill on the night were: Barrera 2 singles, Townley a single, Campbell 2 singles, Padgett a homerun and a single, Hulsey 2 singles, Ross Hales a single.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder