Brenham 4 LCM 3 To Advance

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can so many people vote for griff for coach of the year' date=' but in this thread have 15 posts questioning his decisions....

some people are just dumb[/quote']

Griff still gets my vote. I think those questioning his decisions are those that weren't following LCM baseball very closely until the play-offs. They were not aware how effective Womack has been in the past. The Bears had some early inning jitters that were costly, but I still totally agree with Womack getting the start. Griff's scouting told him Brenham struggles with the lefties, so he went with that. People also don't realize Ehlert pitched a complete game on Saturday. I have to give props to Ehlert, it was obvious to all watching he was NOT ready for his high-school career to end. He pitched (as well as batted) lights out last night! Has to be the best pitching performance by him all season.

Hind sight is 20/20, but on any given night, the Bears/Cub match-up could have gone our way... that's baseball. I don't see any LCM parents that frequently post on here second-guessing Griff, just the one's that don't know what he has done throughout the season with his pitching rotation.

I don't think you will ever see Griff pointing a finger of blame at anyone. He has a great network of coaches that have done an outstanding job this year. As a matter of fact, if we can have a category for base running, we should have one for assistant coach of the year as well-I nominate Wayne Stephenson of LCM. Great job calling pitches, good with the kids and overall great person.

My point wasnt taken very well i guess..

My point was everyone keeps mentioning Griff's scouting reports...How in the heck do people know the scouting report...

I was being a smarta$$ by saying the whole speed dial thing...guess it was too vague.

You, a smarta$$??? I'm astounded. Actually, if your kids played for him and you are lucky enough to get to know him on a personal level, you have a friend for life. If you question Griff's line of thinking on baseball, you can just ask him and he will give you the straight up answer. I guess that is how people know about the scouting reports.

:95% of the posters on this website are players.....shouldnt yall be in class???
No, but I should probably be working.

:As a casual fan, I would never ask the coach for a scouting report..Just tell him good luck...

As a casual fan, I wouldn't either, and didn't when my kid was playing for him. As a friend for many years, I have no reservations asking, as he has none in answering. I always wish him good luck.

Guest Jody

My point wasnt taken very well i guess..

My point was everyone keeps mentioning Griff's scouting reports...How in the heck do people know the scouting report...

I was being a smarta$$ by saying the whole speed dial thing...guess it was too vague.

Looks like we both have found touchy subjects..... :BB

I am a parent and a fan of Coach Griff and Coach Stephenson,

No second guessing at all, Womack was the hottest pitcher we had the last month, Ehlert had pitched a CG and if we would have played this on a Friday or Saturday maybe he does start......who cares, we battled the #1 team in the state and the #5 team in the country and had many chances to advance but the baseball gods were not with us......it happens.

Brenham will win the State Championship and that game last night will go a long way in helping them.

I could not be prouder of our kids because they are all like my son's, I respect their refusal to quit when they were down 4-0.

I love this game, last night it hurt.....but it is a game.

I would like to thank Coach Griff and Staff, the Bear Baseball Team, the Diamond Girls and all the Great Parants of LCM Baseball for allowing me to join there baseball family this season.

I traveled 3000 miles this season following the Bear Baseball Team and What a Season It Was!

From the first preseason game to the last play-off game, this Baseball Family wins together and loses together!

Thanks for a Great Season!

Congrats to Griff, Wayne, and the Bear baseball team ! Coaches see their players all year, they see them all week at practice, they know how they feel physically, they know their mental and emotional state. For a fan, especially a fan of another school to second guess a coach with over 300 wins is downright stupid !!! If I had a son. and he could play for anyone in the state, it would be for Griff and Wayne ! These guys are great baseball coaches, but it goes way beyond that, they teach their players to be great people. The bear coaches, players, parents and real fans, are truly a family. And once you are part of that family, you are always a member of that family. We came up just short against the # 5 team in the nation, people outside of our area where saying brenham would 10 run rule us. Our kids were in front of a huge crowd , well over 2000,facing a hostile crowd , a ranked team , who does every thing they can do to intimadate you, and we went toe to toe, punch for punch with them, and never backed up. Great job coaches , players, parents, and fans, you did the family proud.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder