PN-G Fans?

Guest Indian Chief

Guest Indian Chief

With the great job Matt Burnett has done making the changes that needed to be made would you like to see him remain at PN-G next year? I was one of the PNG faithful that wanted him gone but since he did what he needed to do i hope he stays. Thoughts?

I think he bought himself another year.  Why not?  He's doing a good job with what he has.  He has a stellar Defense and a decent offense.  Thank goodness for Hemmings huh?  Seems like PNG has a back like that almost every year.  Hemmings reminds me of a tiny Mike Alstott.

Burnette is gettting good reviews because he's winning, and he's winning, IMO, because now he's doing what so many fans have been begging for for years...mixing it up.  They're starting to look more and more like the '99 team that kept you guessing on every play.  Being too predictable is what has had fans, including myself, upset at the play calling, because the run, run, pass, punt plan sucked.

As long as he keeps doing forward thinking things, I think his job is somewhat secure (barring too many disastrous years).

Why don't you give it a break. He just beat 2 undefeated teams and sits on top the district. After they picked us 5th we are now #1 despite all the negative posters. Heres his record I copied of another post.

HERES WHAT HE HAS DONE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.

2003 DISTRICT CHAMPS PLAYOFFS

2004 DISTRICT CHAMPS PLAY OFFS

2005 THREE WAY TIE FOR 2ND PLACE {HURRICANE}LOST 2 COIN TOSSES FOR PLAYOFF SPOT

2006 5-5

2007 1ST PLACE IN DISRICT AND GETTING BETTER EVERY WEEK 5 WINS IN A ROW AND COUNTING.

After this year it will be 3 district titles in 5 years. Give him a break,the man has got this team on a roll

do not forget this record against  larry neuman 5 wins in the last 15 years!

hopefully he will stay for many more years to come!

your numbers are wrong. All I can remember is beating the undefeated dogs {was 11th ranked dogs } 28-16. At the dog pound with the Jumbo tron replaying every score. No District championship in at least 15 years.

i've got nederland winning district in 2004,pn-g in 2003,1999,&1996. Burnett is doing a good job,no one else is a more passionate png person or coach.Going back to the old bread & BUTTER png plays,instead of the spread has made a big differrence.way to stick with what you know burnett.

Guest FPHS 78

man.you people are never happy ???  y'all are all screaming for mike long,  but he aint all that....kelly has an enourmous amount of talent this year..makes it a whole lot easier on the coach when you are rich in talent and seniors.

Listening to interviews with burnett, the guy is true to the kids and to the school

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476