West Hardin This Season?

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BOYS THAT WAS ON JV LAST YEAR, SP. IS TROUBLE. I THINK WH WILL BE ABLE TO HANG AROUND WITH SPURGER AND HD JUST BECAUSE OF TYLER. BUT I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ENOUGH TO STAY THE INTIRE GAME. I STILL SAY ITS BS, SPURGER, HD IN THIS DIST.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BOYS THAT WAS ON JV LAST YEAR, SP. IS TROUBLE. I THINK WH WILL BE ABLE TO HANG AROUND WITH SPURGER AND HD JUST BECAUSE OF TYLER. BUT I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ENOUGH TO STAY THE INTIRE GAME. I STILL SAY ITS BS, SPURGER, HD IN THIS DIST.

Are you saying Sabine Pass is IN trouble, or are they going to be trouble to handle?

haha thats real funny

you dont even know whats about to happen to west hardin

copeland cant do it by HIMSELF

thats all they have, theres nobody else on that sorry team

that is were your wrong, just because we lost letsinger and simmons last year dosnt mean that copeland is still be himself. we still have tubbs and hashaw plus a few jv kids comming up which arnt that bad. Miller has a good outside shot, and Lamberth has good deffensive skills and some nice freethrows. so i think that WH will finish about 2nd or 3rd this year

WH will still be strong enough to beat SP and HI.I really don't think they have enough guns to challenge for the playoffs this year.Tyler won't get many open looks this year once the district rolls around.I think he is gonna have to work a little to hard getting the ball down the floor to put up big numbers.Letsinger,Simmons and Tomlinson will be missed more than some folks think.I still say if the Oilers play 500 ball the new guy should be coach of the year.

haha thats real funny

you dont even know whats about to happen to west hardin

copeland cant do it by HIMSELF

thats all they have, theres nobody else on that sorry team

When Sabine Pass is successful even remotely successful at ANY SPORT, then and only then can you guys call another team Sorry!  Sabine Pass has been a doormat year in and year out since they existed.  And this is in every single sport!

So I would go easy on calling other teams sorry.  West Hardin has won district recently, Evadale  and Big Sandy have many district  championships as well as state championships  to their name, Hull has a few district championships, as does Spurger.  Accomplish just  a smidgen of what these schools have and then maybe SP can talk some smack. Until then, put up or shut up. 

Tubbs is out. He's got a broken leg and is looking at surgery. I hate to hear that happens to any kid on their senior year, or any year for that matter. I broke my leg at the end of football season and it was over a year before I was anywhere near 100 percent.

As for the Oilers, you will not be able to overlook them this year, because they will come to play hard every night. The talent level, for the team as a whole, might be a little less, but they are the district champs, until they are beaten out of it. I don't look for them to come out on top this year, but that's why they play the games, because we don't know either. Let's hope they can adjust to some major changes from last year, but lets worry about the football playoffs first!! Good luck to everyone this season and Go Oilers!!

Tubbs is out. He's got a broken leg and is looking at surgery. I hate to hear that happens to any kid on their senior year, or any year for that matter. I broke my leg at the end of football season and it was over a year before I was anywhere near 100 percent.

As for the Oilers, you will not be able to overlook them this year, because they will come to play hard every night. The talent level, for the team as a whole, might be a little less, but they are the district champs, until they are beaten out of it. I don't look for them to come out on top this year, but that's why they play the games, because we don't know either. Let's hope they can adjust to some major changes from last year, but lets worry about the football playoffs first!! Good luck to everyone this season and Go Oilers!!

That's horrible, I hate to hear that this happened especially on the kids senior year. Also, WH is District Co-Champs with BS. They split during district, BS won at BS and WH won at WH. That game in Evadale was for seeding purposes in the playoffs, the coaches could've flipped a coin or chose to play the game, they chose to play the game.  ;)

i think the two teams decided to play it for the district championship and even if they didnt WH was clearly the better team last year had Letsinger not been sick and played in the first game they would have won

"I think" you're wrong. The two coaches debated over flipping a coin for seeding purposes into the tourament or playing a game, which they did. And as far as WH being the better of the two, that is your opinion. As far as I'm concerned, neither team was better than the other. It was said before the game that Letsinger was not even going to play because he was sick, he didn't start but he still came in and played the entire game from the latter part of the 1st quarter on to the last buzzer. Also, in the Regional Semi's BS played Martin's Mill and lost by 10....WH played that same Martin's Mill team the very next day and lost by 20. Go figure. Once again that's my opinion of the two teams, good luck to both this upcoming season.

Letsinger was on the court but i wouldnt say he played much and i know he sat out almost the whole 3rd quarter and the reason WH got beat worse than bs against Martins Mills is because WH started fouling early in the 4th quarter to try to keep them from stalling the ball other wise it would have been about a 10 point game just like BS

Guest orangeman

2quick, we know who each other are, and we both know there was no "co champs" last year. We split the first two district games. At that point Coach Foster and myself had to make a decision. Do we not play a tie breaker and just call it a co-championship, or do we play a tie breaker for it all. As we already know we agreed to play the tie breaker for an outright district champ. Letsinger put on a performance in the first two minutes of that game that no one who was present, much less you who had to guard him, will ever forget. 12-0 two minutes in and the game was over. I've got a ton of respect for Big Sandy's coaches, players, fans, etc... They are going to be TOUGH this year. But as of right now, WH is the undisputed district champs. Good luck to everyone this year.

Well coach you would know....I guess I was simply misinformed and could've sworn that that is how it went. Coach Foster didn't want us bringing up games in the past since we had the tournament to prepare for so I really never asked him, but I asked my fellow senior player on the starting 5 how it went and that's what he told me. I apologize, and yes you're right, Brandon put on an amazing display of basketball those first few minutes. I was doing everything right but they were just good shots, I distinctly remember when he made that first 3 and I was picking him up a step below the 3, then on the next one I was goin to make him put it on the floor and run into our help defense but he still made it and was 3 feet behind the 3 point line. There was nothing I could do, it was basically as if I wasn't even there, but still I was doing everything right and I generally don't question my defense but right then I wasn't sure I was doing anything but getting in the way. This year will be an exciting year, with all the talk over at Sabine Pass and seeing how Copeland adapts to handling the ball more, it will all be fun to watch. Good luck coach with all you're doing.

Guest orangeman

To no suprise "the wise one" is correct. If we had decided to not play a tie-breaker game and called it "co-champs", we then would've just flipped a coin for playoff seeding. It just never seemed right to me to work so hard every day in the gym, just to let the flip of a coin determine your road through the playoffs.  Last year was special, but those games vs. Big Sandy were very special. Two great teams that played hard and played with class. I will say for about the 1,000nth time that I have so much respect for Coach Foster, his players, the fans, etc... Good luck this year to everyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder