Barbrers Hill Vs. Smiley

ORW8624

wow, what a football game at the hill. 14 touchdowns. Smiley's Offensive Lineman Kicker made all 7 extra points, and BH's kicker missed 2, and missed a 2 point conversion. There must have been close to 1000 yards offense in the game. A hook and lateral with 1 second in the game, gives Smiley the win.

Galena Park is in 1st now, undefeated

Crosby is in 2nd with a loss to GP

Smiley should be tied with Crosby with 1 loss

Barbers Hill now has 2 district losses

Forrest Brook, New caney , CE King and Huffman all have 1 district win a piece

GP

Crosby

Smiley

Barbers Hill

Heartbreaker tonight at the Hill....great game to watch. Unfortunatley, BH on the wrong end of the score.

Tackling practice tomorrow morning @ sunrise for the Hill. Great offense from several Eagles..Cormona, C. Smith, Jay Burditt....

34sDAD....if you are out there....well, 34 is a stud ! Can I pick him up on my fantasy team ? I'm a baseball Dad....does he play baseball ? He is the hitter not the hit E . ;D Seriously, really enjoyed watching how Mr. Little plays the game. Very,very impressed.....talented young man.

Let's beat GP and run the table and BH is back in it.

GP

Crosby

Smiley

Barbers Hill

Heartbreaker tonight at the Hill....great game to watch. Unfortunatley, BH on the wrong end of the score.

Tackling practice tomorrow morning @ sunrise for the Hill. Great offense from several Eagles..Cormona, C. Smith, Jay Burditt....

34sDAD....if you are out there....well, 34 is a stud ! Can I pick him up on my fantasy team ? I'm a baseball Dad....does he play baseball ? He is the hitter not the hit E . ;D Seriously, really enjoyed watching how Mr. Little plays the game. Very,very impressed.....talented young man.

Let's beat GP and run the table and BH is back in it.

Its gonna be a tough uphill battle to get back in it. But it is possible. I know we all are totally deflated after that one, but hey... Smiley really aint no chumps are they?

One of the BEST games I've ever seen personnaly. Eagle07... I truley appreciate your commonts on Andrew. He has really runs hard and brings it to the defense .... I am so very very proud of his play this year. Never quits. I only hope that I get to continue watching him play at the next level. We are leaving this morning to Nicholls State for a visit, hopefully something positive will come of it. And no he doesnt play baseball.. played 1 year majors and 2 years of pony in baytown. Then we moved here his freshman year. He's a very good discus thrower on the track team and has a state meet appearance and championshhip on his mind for this year as well..... BH boys! I know that none of us can be as disappointed as you all are after that one. Keep your heads up and keep working hard like you always do. We are so proud of all of you and the the way you played last night.

Best of luck to you and your son on the visit to Nicholls State today. He's gotta be playing on Saturdays next year....way too much talent there.

Surely somewhere.... Coach up there told Drew he needs a RB that can run hard and that is not affraid to block........ If the shoe fits!

i think the officiating could have been better

1. lots of holding from the o lines

2. bad spots of the ball smiley had one where it was third and long he makes it close to the first but his butt clearly hit about a yard and a half from the line and they would up giving it to them

3. hook and lateral on tape it was clearly a lateral  >:( :'(

OMG!!!  That was THE BEST game I've seen since standing in the rain last year in Galena Park!!!!  Of course, the loss sucks, but guys...... YOU played your hearts out to the end.  Almost 1000 yards on "O" in the game... impressive!!! And some of that helmet crashing made me hurt.... and I was in the stands!!!!  I'm soooo proud of you boys.  Hold your heads up, you have nothing to be ashamed of!!!

And the fans...... just let me say that the fan participation was MUCH better and I know the boys appreciated it.  That's what we need EACH week.... whether we're winning or losing.... we need to show our support and the boys need to SEE and HEAR it.

I have to give it to Smiley.... ya'll were under estimated....

Good game to both teams!

i think the officiating could have been better

1. lots of holding from the o lines

2. bad spots of the ball smiley had one where it was third and long he makes it close to the first but his butt clearly hit about a yard and a half from the line and they would up giving it to them

3. hook and lateral on tape it was clearly a lateral  >:( :'(

I know its over and done, but, from reports I've heard from viewing the game film, the last play was an illeagle forward lateral by about 3 yards. Shouldnt have come down to the ref's blowing a crucial call. Way too many missed tackles and missed opportunities. Smiley was definitly improved over last year.

I know Bh shouldn't have lost to Smiley, under normal conditions.  Our defense is having trouble this year.  We only had one returning defensive starter from last year and now we have lost I think 4 or 5 new starters due to injury.  I think we have a freshman starting at linebacker if thats any indication to how tough of time they are having right now. 

I know Bh shouldn't have lost to Smiley, under normal conditions.  Our defense is having trouble this year.  We only had one returning defensive starter from last year and now we have lost I think 4 or 5 new starters due to injury.  I think we have a freshman starting at linebacker if thats any indication to how tough of time they are having right now. 

That one Freshman starter and Sexton are the only bright spots on defense.  That Freshman (don't know his name) was pretty darn good and made some great plays.  2 does not make a defense, hense 1000 yards of offense in one night.  Hard to watch after the past several years of really good defenses.

That one Freshman starter and Sexton are the only bright spots on defense.  That Freshman (don't know his name) was pretty darn good and made some great plays.  2 does not make a defense, hense 1000 yards of offense in one night.  Hard to watch after the past several years of really good defenses.

Well one the freshman that is at linebacker and is very good at it and hits hard number 16 i am taking that you are talking about well he moved from freshman team A to Junior Varsity played 2 games and moved to Varsity if that shows you how good he is this young man is very talented cant wait to see him play next year . and next year we have very few returinging seniors like 5 if that on d well have a great year

I'm have to disagree on the "only bright spots" thing. CB Dustin Losure and DT/LB Nick Mercketel are having great years.

I agree with you 34sDad..... I don't know where 89-2 was sitting last Friday, but I heard Dustin Losier's name called out at least 5 times.....Merchantel is another one too....... they must be doing something right.... 

Oh I know... maybe he was sitting by the crazy mommas and couldn't hear those names being called out.  ;D

I'm not putting down our defense, we do have several bright spots.  The defense as a whole is just hurting this year.  That kind of stuff happens every so often, it's just part of the game.  At least our kids are playing hard and not just laying down.  There is no subsitute for experience though and thats were we are laking this year.  The offense was what I worried about going into this year, but man those guy's are playing really well.  Andrew is playing his heart out, Tony is doing a great job, the line is doing well and our receivers have come around.

I read someones comments saying we should put a couple of our offensive linemen on defense every so often, I agree, it seems like that may work.  Come on Eagles take care of Huffman.

Guest Irish Terror

Sorry dude, there's a few others you forgot to mention. Loiser, Merchantel, playing some hard hit football. Our LBs aren't doing as well this year. Guess our D-line last year helped them shine a little more than we thought.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder