Coach of the Year

Would they be there with C.T. I think that she is the only reason they are there.

CT has been a VERY IMPORTANT part of the success they are having, but their Senior leadership and offensive production by Joi Oldbury and Karlie Harrell have just as important.

Guest GoStangs

Randy Ragsdale, WOS. He led the team to its first ever playoff appearance this year -- he has really turned that program around.

Guest BreakerCoach

There's not a team in the area that can lose their number 1 pitcher and still be in the playoffs ! That goes for baseball as well.

I think LCM has done what is expected of them and their coach has done a very good job and she may deserve it.Has she exceeded expectations or brought the team to another level ? Not sure, but I think that defines coach of the year, not necessarily who went the farthest in the playoffs.

I am not sure I expected to be 31-2 at this point, but I sure hoped for a good season. That is why Coach of the Year is so hard to pick out. Your always going to guess how that team would have done with this coach or that coach. So is it the Coach or the players? But just like they say about some loaded NBA teams, The Coach has done a fine job of guiding the ship. I will say this, This team has some great chemistry, and I think she has a lot to do with it.

Guest BALLPLAYER

Kori Tyler BC.

She had a good year without a dominating pitcher.

With the putouts made in LCM by their pitcher the coach could put a defense filled with retirement home bingo players and still win.

Kori Tyler BC.

With the putouts made in LCM by their pitcher the coach could put a defense filled with retirement home bingo players and still win.

No doubt, with Cody on the mound LCM would still win. But would they be 31 - 2 and in the Regional Semi-Finals ?? I don't know ! :scratch Cody was able to pitch as a Sophmore and we only made it to the Quarter-finals.

Barbara Burnett- Woodville

She has really turned the program around in the 4 years she been there. When she got there she had 8 players and got someone out of PE to play. Now they have made the playoffs two years in a row. Winning district (10-0) and they are still playing too. In the regional Semifinals. They got a good pitcher but their defense is awseome and they sure can hit the ball. So don't count her out yet.

Matter of fact LCM, Hull and Woodville are still playing.

Kori Tyler BC.

Cody is an excellent ballplayer, but she needs more help than just bingo players. LCM's coach does deserve credit, she has re-arranged the lineup until she found what worked. Team chemistry is GREAT, that is due from the Coach and most important the girls love playing/performing for her.

I here alot of unhappy parents at BC, not sure we have that problem at LCM.

There will ALWAYS be unhappy parents at BC! Most of those parents think that THEIR daughter is THEE star, they don't have a good gage on the skills, abilities and talents of their daughters - they also forget that it takes 9-10 girls out there - not just 1! It's what I hear - a fan in the stands!

My support for BC continues..........I think Tyler from BC did an outstanding job this year at BC having another undefeated district season. They lost what is the equivalent to CT for LCM in Godwin and still went undefeated in district and played everyone close they played. They never got blown out of any game they played when they did lose. Ned by 1 and Lcm by 4 beat Vidor. Came up short against Central in the playoffs, but overall a great year with out a dominating player. She will be missed in BC, a great coach, best of luck to ya in the future coach.

No doubt about it, Coach Bean from LCM has done an outstanding job considering her last minute entry into the job. But having a "once in a lifetime" pitcher certainly helps!! :wink: Best of luck to the Lady Bears next weekend in Austin. But Coach of the Year?? Le'ts see what she does next year in a major rebuilding year w/o Cody, Harrell, Oldbury, Richards, etc., etc., etc. That's some major losses for any team! Same thing happened at PNG several years back when Blythe graduated and in Vidor when they graduated Bobbitt. Those two were also great pitchers for their respective schools. Vidor has struggled since. PNG, although has not won district since, still has winning seasons with just your normal pitchers. I think that says a lot about their program and their coach. Pitchers like Trahan, Blythe, and Bobbitt don't come down the pipe every year that's for sure.....

Just an observation. .... Best of luck LCM! Have fun in Austin and bring home the Gold..... Maybe next year Miss Trahan can help LSU beat Arizona!!!! 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder