BH vs. Bridge City

Guest Jody

Who will advance?  

1. 1. Who will advance?

Guest Jody

The Eagles will face number 1 Bridge City in the next round. BH is the fan's major underdog, however BH has knocked off Bridge City in the last few post season games. BH is very young and Bridge City is without a doubt their toughest opponent yet.

I will say this for Bridge City, they have some GREAT fans and I really enjoy visiting with them. 3ABIRDMAN, OLD Cardinal and others are a lot of fun. Good luck to both teams!

How do you see this playing out? Those from Orange can't answer...LOL :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles will face number 1 Bridge City in the next round. BH is the fan's major underdog' date=' however BH has knocked off Bridge City in the last few post season games. BH is very young and Bridge City is without a doubt their toughest opponent yet.

I will say this for Bridge City, they have some GREAT fans and I really enjoy visiting with them. 3ABIRDMAN, OLD Cardinal and others are a lot of fun. Good luck to both teams!

How do you see this playing out? Those from Orange can't answer...LOL :D[/quote']

Well since I'm from BC, I guess I can respond. In a three game series, I see BC in 2. In a one game playoff, I see BC advancing. IMO

I hate games like this!!!! I'm a Die hard BHFAN and will push for the Eagles to win, but BC has a great team and will be tough to defeat. I will break it down into two catagories

1.) Logic - BC wins in 3

2.) BH Pride - BH WINS IN 2 :D

If I had to bet my paycheck #1 wins. If I had to bet Orangeboys paycheck I would go with #2 :lol:

Seriosly though BH will play well with BC. BH has nothing to lose they are comeing in as a major underdog and will kick and scratch for a win. BC has that #1 on their back and at this point of the playoffs hasn't had anymore of an impressive win as anyone else. If BC makes errors then their is always a chance. Goodluck to both teams looking forward to see some of my old Cardinal friends!

P.S. Orangeboy who's your daddy '''jf

Both teams have strong No 1 pitching in the BC's Kevin Angelle and Barbers Hill's Ross Hales. Angelle is a veteran of playoff starts, Hales is a soph but has pitched well against Hamshire-Fannett and Silsbee.

Will BH save Hales for game 2 and hope they could keep Angelle in the game for 7 in game 1?

Both staffs are evenly matched after Hales and Angelle. BH's Carmona game 2 winner against Silsbee, pitched better than he's outing against HF where he was knocked out in the 1st. IMO, BH's Barrera game 3 winner against HF and Silsbee is just a step below Hales. All pitchers of BH have many innings under their belt during the playoffs.

BC's Haymond, Stringer and Meeks are very good. But when you only play 5 innings and Angelle gets the bulk of the work, they must step up if BC is forced to go 3 games much less a 7 inning game.

Barbers Hill hasn't faced a squad that can hit like BC all year and they have faced Huffman twice. There is no weak link 1-9. You can't pitch around no one.

BC hasn't faced hitters like BH all year, except LCM and Nederland. BH has maybe 2 spots that you can relax but the rest will put in play and with power.

Look for BH to start Carmona and follow with Hales in Game 2.

BC will take series, they hit.

BC is going to be a pretty hairy contest for BH... All logic seems to say BC in 2, or 1 which ever the series is...but if BH can continuously put the ball in play, and make BC play, then don't count them out....

It seems that the only the thing that BC has had trouble with is their defense.... Don't get me wrong it is good, but is also definately the weakest part of their game...

Still, I see BC in 1 or 2 because of there performers on the bump... as well as their sticks

BC is a very talented team and have the stats to back them up if you dont seem to agree... but to say that this BC team is stronger than last years Red Birds i have to disagree. not sayin that this year BC isnt good enough to beat everyone they play cause they are but if you could play head to head this years team vs last years i see last years team winning with ease. this isnt really an issue though both are/were good.. i just see last years team being better. none the less i wish the cards goodluck in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder