Silsbee 63 Beaumont United 109/FINAL

WOSgrad

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee 63 Beaumont United 109/FINAL
17 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Live by the trap and press.  Die by the same.  

They almost hung a hundred through three quarters.  I remember going and seeing Silsbee play Concordia a few years ago, and I stayed for the Houston Christian - Yates game.  Sahvir Wheeler (now starting PG at Georgia) was breaking that JY press by himself (that was the Mitchell Serialle/Jock Hughes Yates’ team).   Miller Kopp had more dunks in that game than he had in his career up to that point probably.  Moral is, when you play elite guards, you do a lot more dying than living by the press. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They almost hung a hundred through three quarters.  I remember going and seeing Silsbee play Concordia a few years ago, and I stayed for the Houston Christian - Yates game.  Sahvir Wheeler (now starting PG at Georgia) was breaking that JY press by himself (that was the Mitchell Serialle/Jock Hughes Yates’ team).   Miller Kopp had more dunks in that game than he had in his career up to that point probably.  Moral is, when you play elite guards, you do a lot more dying than living by the press. 

I was at that game.  Kudos to Sahvir Wheeler.  He showed a lot of heart and stamina in that game.  Coach Wise had a long bench, with plenty of fouls to give.

Would like to know if this one was that case or just a mismatch.  Wasn’t there.  Not really surprised by a lopsided score. What I saw Saturday in Barbers Hill was. a Tiger team that needed a leader on the floor and better passing.  Had the two I suspect will be the top two ball handlers sitting out with injuries.  

I'll be at the next game. I have a good idea of how this one played out though.

Got ate alive all night long trying to trap and press and gave up a million easy baskets. BU could have probably scored 100 by halftime if they had wanted to.

I know we're young and inexperienced and nothing we could have done would have resulted in a W, but man 🤮

4 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I'll be at the next game. I have a good idea of how this one played out though.

Got ate alive all night long trying to trap and press and gave up a million easy baskets. BU could have probably scored 100 by halftime if they had wanted to.

I know we're young and inexperienced and nothing we could have done would have resulted in a W, but man 🤮

You get these kind of years.  Keep playing and getting better like last year’s team did and then see what happens.  

I hope this inexperienced Tiger team puts up a better showing vs BU when they play at home...