dayton vs. lumberton predictions.

knightrider

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I have no questions on defense because I know yall will bring it.  But on offense, Mike Dugat was the catalyst of that offense.  Can AJ Dugat run between the tackles good?

Against Lumberton...

AJ will be able to run left of the tackle...

He will be able to run right of the tackle...

He will be able to run between the tackles...

By gosh...

AJ will be running EVERYWHERE....

Early prediction...

AJ will have over 150 yards rushing and at least 100 yards passing.

He will be the quickest one on the field.

Against Lumberton...

AJ will be able to run left of the tackle...

He will be able to run right of the tackle...

He will be able to run between the tackles...

By gosh...

AJ will be running EVERYWHERE....

Early prediction...

AJ will have over 150 yards rushing and at least 100 yards passing.

He will be the quickest one on the field.

Lumbertons 3 is prob just as fast as dugat

I love the talk about pre-district games not getting you ready for district. You are either a good team or your not. I don't think it would have mattered who Dayton played pre-district last year they would have won district. Stop and think about this  I think that the people in charge of college teams are smarter than all of us and get this LSU the #2 team in the country played Miss. St and Middle Tenn. to get ready for the SEC OH no they better look out that is a soft schedule they will probably lose!!!!! NOT you are either good or not. If Lumberton wins games in District it will be because they are better if they lose it is because they are not as good as the teams beating them. Drop the weak schedule arguement and come up with another reason Lumberton will lose Please we have heard enogh of it. Remember Rutgers had a soft schedule last year and finished top 10 in the country so that argument doesnt stand up. Get a new crying chant please its too old!!!

Nice post but ....You are wrong.  Predistrict opponents that are QUALITY allow teams to see what areas they need to work on prior to the start of District.  If you can play 3 quality opponents before stepping into the battles of district then you have a better idea of what your team is good at and what they are weak in. Lumberton will not really know how well they are going to stack up until they start district because they have not been tested yet.  That is why everyone talks about your schedule.  That is why they will have a hard time.  Oh yeah your LSU argument does not hold water.  LSU played Viginia Tech who was ranked no 9 in their 2nd game.  They also beat Miss. State (who is an SEC team)by 45 pts and Miss. St. beat Auburn.  So take LSU's Schedule out of your reasoning.

Lumbertons 3 is prob just as fast as dugat

Then Lumberton 3 wakes up and realizes he was dreaming that he was running AJ down....

Good luck Lumberton this week against Cleveland...

One game at a time.

Who knows, if yall win big this week Lumberton can move up to #4 in the SETexas ranking.

Lumberton fans will feel like General Lee at Gettysburg (high on the mountain) until he sent Picket with 10,000 troops into battle and Picket only came back with 2,000.

Looking foward to going to Lumberton in 2 weeks and then we can start playing for real.

Nice post but ....You are wrong.  Predistrict opponents that are QUALITY allow teams to see what areas they need to work on prior to the start of District.  If you can play 3 quality opponents before stepping into the battles of district then you have a better idea of what your team is good at and what they are weak in. Lumberton will not really know how well they are going to stack up until they start district because they have not been tested yet.  That is why everyone talks about your schedule.  That is why they will have a hard time.  Oh yeah your LSU argument does not hold water.  LSU played Viginia Tech who was ranked no 9 in their 2nd game.  They also beat Miss. State (who is an SEC team)by 45 pts and Miss. St. beat Auburn.  So take LSU's Schedule out of your reasoning.

You say Lumberton should schedule quality teams.  I was just pondering....Hmmm...What if quality teams just dont' want to play Lumberton and teams with a rebuilding programs are the only ones that want to schedule them?  Just a though.

Nobody is going to sneak up on Dayton we know what kind of competition we face out in 22-4A.

Lumberton is gonna be better than last year, they have some good athletes that play hard. I am not slighting them at all but they are just gong to have to prove to 22-4A that they can win. They competed last year, they may not have had a winnning season but they played football. Some close games, against good teams.

As far as talking about the game a week early Dayton has a bye this week so our next game is with Lumberton.

A stronger non-district schedule would help Lumberton, stronger teams expose weaknesses and faults in the team before facing district opponents. BMTSoulja1 makes a good point, maybe they just can't get other teams to play them.

When you have a reputation like Lumberton has,(never making it to the playoffs, and usually not being competetive) you have to play teams that may not be powerhouses. Those other teams also want a challenge for preseason.

Lumberton will open some eyes when they play Dayton, but until then lets just focus on the upcoming challenge, Cleveland. Then we can take care of Dayton.

When you have a reputation like Lumberton has,(never making it to the playoffs, and usually not being competetive) you have to play teams that may not be powerhouses. Those other teams also want a challenge for preseason.

Lumberton will open some eyes when they play Dayton, but until then lets just focus on the upcoming challenge, Cleveland. Then we can take care of Dayton.

:o :o :o

Guest upsidedowninsideout

Cleveland over Lumberton by 2 td's..... Lumberton is big and slow and have played two very sub-par opponents. Cleveland will come out of their shell this week and open some eyes.

lumberton plays a close game, i dont really know how to call this one so i wont open my mouth lol, all i know is that lumberton is not as slow anymore as everone thinks they are, no there not blazin fast like other teams in this district, but we arent as slow anymore, lumberton will hold their own

That's one of the problems with playing weaker teams in pre-district, you have nothing to compare your strength, speed, size, or quickness against.

You really don't know how fast you are until you play someone with speed.

Playing weaker teams does have its advantages!

1. You do not want players hurt before district (there were alot of kids hurt in pre district)

2. If you get into a pre district game in which you have to pull out all the stops on offense then your playbook is exposed.You may need to keep them plays hidden for district.

3. When you play those great schools and your offense is ineffective that tips competition on what defense to play on you.

4. They can also figure out what offense will be effective.

5. Does playing a weaker team prepare you for district? Well probably not!

I'll take Lumberton over Dayton ! Don't shoot me , I just think that they can do it

Can you people from Dayton quit with all of the philosophy.  I am sure that people in Lumberton could care less about your opinions on who they should play.  Let them get their team ready for Cleveland and then let them get ready for Dayton.  People in Dayton should be a whole lot more concerned about the goings on in Dayton and less worried about Lumberton.  They don't need anymore fuel to add to their fire to beat Dayton than the butt whipping they took last year.  They will be ready and Dayton will be ready...Let it go.

Can you people from Dayton quit with all of the philosophy.  I am sure that people in Lumberton could care less about your opinions on who they should play.  Let them get their team ready for Cleveland and then let them get ready for Dayton.  People in Dayton should be a whole lot more concerned about the goings on in Dayton and less worried about Lumberton.  They don't need anymore fuel to add to their fire to beat Dayton than the butt whipping they took last year.  They will be ready and Dayton will be ready...Let it go.

This is a forum and most of what you get is useless opinion. I am sure that neither Lumberton or Dayton coaches care what anyone has to say on this forum. That said the statement above is more fuel to the fire than I know I have ever added.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder