Port Arthur Memorial at Barbers Hill week-2

Mr. Buddy Garrity

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was wrong on the overall series. It's 7-3 SFA. Saw that they played in 1942.

1942      19-0    SFA

1984       21-6   SFA

85       7-0    BH

86        31-6  SFA

87        7-6    BH

90        36-14  SFA

91         26-22  SFA

92         31-0    SFA

98         28-22  SFA

99          41-0    BH

They cheating in 1942 though

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wait until Westy breaks out that old Gage Option Offense just to test the temperature in Mont Belvieu. 😁

I’m trying to forget those years😃 I liked Gage, but that offense like watching the grass grow. Hey give us your analysis of the BH/ KP game once you have watched it, curious of what others think.

22 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I’m trying to forget those years😃 I liked Gage, but that offense like watching the grass grow. Hey give us your analysis of the BH/ KP game once you have watched it, curious of what others think.

You read my mind, i just cut on the tablet to watch. 

Offensively: If we don't run for 350yds+ something is wrong. As a whole our speed gonna bother them, I can see us getting off to another quick lead, hopefully we don't have a 2nd qtr collapse in this one. BH gonna have issues covering Augusta and Brooks in the passing game. BH DL size surprised me, but that Paetow RB was getting thru holes to the 2nd level almost everytime he touched the ball. 

Defensively: Our DL should have some fun this week, key word SHOULD. BH OL got some big ones on it but to me they're slower than Png OL. BH QB is a better runner than Png QB, but he's not as good a passer even though they sling it around. IMO BH running threat is the QB, not the RB. #5 for BH is a speedster, not sure who will cover him cause im sure we'll have Guilbeau on Grogan who in my opinion is their best overall WR. BH is gonna pick on our short CB on the other side, that could spell trouble.  

I still feel like this will be a close game due to Memorial not being able to get out of their own way 2nd half offensively causing the defense to stay on the field longer than they should. 

I'm going with 35-31 Memorial. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Offensively: If we don't run for 350yds+ something is wrong. As a whole our speed gonna bother them, I can see us getting off to another quick lead, hopefully we don't have a 2nd qtr collapse in this one. BH gonna have issues covering Augusta and Brooks in the passing game. BH DL size surprised me, but that Paetow RB was getting thru holes to the 2nd level almost everytime he touched the ball. 

Defensively: Our DL should have some fun this week, key word SHOULD. BH OL got some big ones on it but to me they're slower than Png OL. BH QB is a better runner than Png QB, but he's not as good a passer even though they sling it around. IMO BH running threat is the QB, not the RB. #5 for BH is a speedster, not sure who will cover him cause im sure we'll have Guilbeau on Grogan who in my opinion is their best overall WR. BH is gonna pick on our short CB on the other side, that could spell trouble.  

I still feel like this will be a close game due to Memorial not being able to get out of their own way 2nd half offensively causing the defense to stay on the field longer than they should. 

I'm going with 35-31 Memorial. 

I saw our UT commit push the ROT for PN all the way to the QB.  We need more plays like that plus the OC not calling dumb formations and such if they get a big lead.  Dance with what brought you.  I got PAM by 5 due to kicking game mistakes....

BH just grabbed another advantage! Smokin baby cannot attend the game😃 Pretty sure he was the reason we lost last week. BH by 10 TD’s😂

PS Crosby Fans start you a game thread! No reason to be Butt hurt from you loss last week. You are not State Champions.

21 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

BH just grabbed another advantage! Smokin baby cannot attend the game😃 Pretty sure he was the reason we lost last week. BH by 10 TD’s😂

PS Crosby Fans start you a game thread! No reason to be Butt hurt from you loss last week. You are not State Champions.

I was wondering where the Crosby vs Manvel thread was 😂😂

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

The Mecca likes being butthurt. They’re good at it. 

Maybe this why there's no Crosby/Manvel thread. 

There are eight current positive cases and 15 people self-quarantining at Crosby High School. The website does not say if they are students or staff.

This is the hidden content, please

Hopefully this issue doesn't happen for our 2 schools this week. 

Damn Rona! Just wait till the playoffs or district for that matter. I wonder how they will sort this crap out if teams keep pulling out of games. I feel pretty confident that BH would not knee jerk and cancel a game due to a couple of sickness though. 

25 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Damn Rona! Just wait till the playoffs or district for that matter. I wonder how they will sort this crap out if teams keep pulling out of games. I feel pretty confident that BH would not knee jerk and cancel a game due to a couple of sickness though. 

Man im hoping this mess doesn't affect district play or playoffs, sucks for teams that have to forfeit district games. 

At least both of ours made it to mid-week with no issues. 🙌🏾🤞🏾 I'm ready to see this ballgame. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Man im hoping this mess doesn't affect district play or playoffs, sucks for teams that have to forfeit district games. 

At least both of ours made it to mid-week with no issues. 🙌🏾🤞🏾 I'm ready to see this ballgame. 

Me too! Y’all got Crosby next week right? PAM will be our districts measure ig stick for smack going into district 😃 BH still doesn’t have a game on the schedule for next week, I sure hope they find one

29 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Me too! Y’all got Crosby next week right? PAM will be our districts measure ig stick for smack going into district 😃 BH still doesn’t have a game on the schedule for next week, I sure hope they find one

No, we start district at La Porte. 2 bye weeks just in case we need to move a district game. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Maybe this why there's no Crosby/Manvel thread. 

There are eight current positive cases and 15 people self-quarantining at Crosby High School. The website does not say if they are students or staff.

This is the hidden content, please

Hopefully this issue doesn't happen for our 2 schools this week. 

So far. I have not seen any indication that Crosby has canceled their game on Friday.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, BHFAN said:

Yeah line size this year is bigger than I was expecting or Katy was just small. Got my ticket today don’t forget to buy online because once they get to 50% capacity they will shut it down. 

Does this policy go for the visitors?  Do we need to buy tickets online or can we just pull up?