Language warning, woman arrested at HS football game

Boneyard Boys

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

This is a fun discussion... 🤣🤣🤣 Everyone has really strong opinions on this. Me personally, I will do whatever it takes to keep the games going and be able to watch in person. That said, if I wear my mask all the way to my seat it should be fine to remove it if I'm sitting all alone away from everyone. I'm pretty sure they aren't just going to run up on you and arrest you, there has to be more to this story that we don't see in the video. She may have been walking around without it on and I'm sure she got a warning first.

Exactly. All the above. 

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

You tell me?

This is the hidden content, please

Apples to Toyotas.

That was a federal civil rights violation by age, sex, race, national origin or religion. It was not over a school’s authority to make rules without state permission  

No government (state, federal, county, city, school district, etc.)  can make discriminatory rules or laws.

During the debate on this subject I made the point that I believed that he would win in federal court over civil rights. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

IF EVERYONE WOULD JUST DO WHAT COPS SAY AND NOT RESIST, WE WOULD NOT BE WHERE WE ARE IN THIS COUNTRY RIGHT NOW. PERIOD. THERE WOULD BE NO BLACK LIVES MATTER 

About 99.5% of the time we would never hear of these cases because they would not exist. 

18 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

This is a fun discussion... 🤣🤣🤣 Everyone has really strong opinions on this. Me personally, I will do whatever it takes to keep the games going and be able to watch in person. That said, if I wear my mask all the way to my seat it should be fine to remove it if I'm sitting all alone away from everyone. I'm pretty sure they aren't just going to run up on you and arrest you, there has to be more to this story that we don't see in the video. She may have been walking around without it on and I'm sure she got a warning first.

I agree. Great topic. I have made more posts in half an hour than I usually make all week  

On a side note,  I never knew how many lawyers and police officers were in this forum. I am impressed. 😀

And kind of on the same topic. I have found 2 SCOTUS cases that say mandatory vaccines are legal and 2 SCOTUS cases that say quarantines are legal under the 10th Amendment on states’ rights. The states have a policing ability to protect its citizens by mandating non-voluntary actions.

I would think if you could mandate jabbing someone with a needle, you could require a mask. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

There are also some institutions that won’t engage or prosecute illegal aliens. Doesn’t make them right.  

Everyone can say what they want on this issue but when it’s all said done there will be settlements reached due to the over reach of this ridiculous mandate. Litigation over something like this will take 2 to 3 years but there will be settlements. 

1 minute ago, Realville said:

Everyone can say what they want on this issue but when it’s all said done there will be settlements reached due to the over reach of this ridiculous mandate. Litigation over something like this will take 2 to 3 years but there will be settlements. 

You may very well be right. But she still got tazed and run off the property. Didn’t have to go that way. 

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

Have those suits been filed yet?

Just now, WOSgrad said:

Maybe even some Rule 17 judgments against some plaintiffs.

I am not that familiar as you are (not close) on state civil law.

Dirty Harry- “A man’s got to know his limitations.”

I have gotten summary judgment (not sure which USC applies) when I was involved as a defendant in federal court. The US magistrate tossed the case with prejudice. 

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

These are just a few but believe it hasn’t even really got started yet. It’s coming!

Both of those suits are for injunctive relief, meaning that they want to prevent the enforcement of a law.  It does not appear that any damages were sought so there will be no million dollar settlements there.

Also, I might need a bit of help from tvc on this, but in cases where injunctive relief is sought, there is at least a preliminary hearing a couple of weeks after the filing to see about at least entering a temporary restraining order. Given the dates of the articles, those hearings should have occurred by then.  Do you have any word on the disposition of those hearings?

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Both of those suits are for injunctive relief, meaning that they want to prevent the enforcement of a law.  It does not appear that any damages were sought so there will be no million dollar settlements there.

Also, I might need a bit of help from tvc on this, but in cases where injunctive relief is sought, there is at least a preliminary hearing a couple of weeks after the filing to see about at least entering a temporary restraining order. Given the dates of the articles, those hearings should have occurred by then.  Do you have any word on the disposition of those hearings?

When we have filed a TRO, it has been two weeks to have a response.

Would the injunctive relief be in the form of a Writ of Mandamus since it is a government? I would believe that time frame has passed or it was simply denied. 

11 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

When we have filed a TRO, it has been two weeks to have a response.

Would the injunctive relief be in the form of a Writ of Mandamus since it is a government? I would believe that time frame has passed or it was simply denied. 

Because of the stage of the action, it may be a Writ of Prohibition. If I remember correctly (and I probably don’t) a Writ of Mandamus cannot be used against the president or governors of state. 

1 minute ago, JasperDAWG said:

THIS I DO KNOW AS FACT! :

maskholes like the chick in the video no matter the state are/will gonna end up costing EVERYONE the opportunities of highschool sports.

Players,parents, fans  all will suffer when the mandates  for each state, community or district continue to "bucked" and the shot callers shut it down.

I agree.

But the ones that "buck" the system will at least have the privilege of not being labeled "sheep".