teams to watch

CoachKfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK......I'm getting the fever.  Which teams ( any classification) are going to be the top teams in the area?  Here are my picks:

Silsbee

Central

Hardin Jefferson

Lumberton

Orangefield 

Me 2

Guest bleed orange

central,silsbee, and h-j are great but kelly can beat lumberton and orangefield

Kelly played Orangefield in summer league and lets just say it was ugly and not for Orangefield. Orangefield will have a different look this year but they will be OK. I would say Silsbee and Central are the top 2 in this area. I think Lumberton will make the playoffs but not as District Champions.

KELLY??  hmmmm.....

Jasper may be a sleeper in that district.....they improved so much last year and that coach does a good job with them.  they had a good 8th grade group with alot of athletes.  they may sneak up on some people.

I'm still picking Silsbee and HJ to battle for the top spot in that district.

Kountze will be much improved.  Don't know how they would match up against the larger schools though.

I agree with the comment about Woodville....I saw them play at the Lamar team camp..VERY ATHLETIC.....dont' know much else about them but they were impressive at that camp.

Guest bleed orange

CoachKfan, I have the fever also. I can't wait till basketball season. It should be another exciting year. The talent level is a little down this year but not much. If I can get past Volleyball season I will be OK. Not enough action in volleyball for me. Any sport that you laugh or congratulate a teamate for making a mistake is not for me. Basketball can not get here soon enough for me. Silsbee has the inside track for the district title then after that it is a cat fight. Silsbee does have the most explosive player in the league.

Guest bleed orange

Touch'e Bobkat, thats a good one. You were waiting for the right time and you found it. I am impressed. You got me on that one and there is nothing I can say except "Kelly beating us" that's funny. In basketball that is. But atleast the person who wrote that is upbeat and a true bulldog fan. But not too realistic. ;D

Guest bleed orange

Thanks "24 over Par". I think we will be OK also. We have a good freshmen group and our 7th and 8th grade teams are good. This year and next year we will lack in the depth department and we are young. Most of our girls can't drive yet. We have 2 girls with experience, 1 who saw limited time and the rest have never played varsity before. We will have some growing pains. 

Guest bleed orange

What no MEMORIAL we have always been a team to watch....

NOT!!!!!!!!  Just kidding. All of those schools mentioned before have long standing traditions. Memorial has only been around for a short time. Their time will come someday or maybe not. You never know.

I don't know what kirbyville has this year, I wouldn't be surpised if Jasper finishes 3rd this season.  Coach Baker is in his 2nd year at Jasper and has a solid group of players coming back this season. Last season was tough, but i like his style of coaching, he'll have them ready sooner then many would believe. :-* :-* :-* :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder