PN-G will be minus two-way standout Tezeno in opener

www.panews.com

PN-G will be minus two-way standout Tezeno in opener

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- When Port Neches-Groves begins its 2007 season against La Marque, it plans to take the field without one of its team leaders.

Senior two-way starter Kenneth Tezeno has been suspended from participation in this week's game after violating a team rule, head coach Matt Burnett told The News on Wednesday afternoon.

A regular at tailback, right cornerback and kick returns, Tezeno is permitted to continue to participate in practice this week.

But the Indians will not be able to include Tezeno on the traveling squad for Friday afternoon's regular-season opening game at Houston's Reliant Stadium against La Marque, the defending 4A Division II state champion and the No. 4-ranked Class 4A team in this year's state Associated Press pre-season high school poll.

"Kenneth broke a team rule and he will be suspended until the time when I reevaluate the situation," Indians' chief Burnett said.

Tezeno's absence will force the PN-G coaching staff to re-examine their starting lineups for the La Marque game. It was likely that Josh Wright would replace Tezeno as the regular at tailback. Burnett indicated that Jacob Broussard would replace Tezeno as the starter at right corner and Drew Barnett would start at left corner rather than Broussard.

Tezeno was a member of the Port Arthur Super Team last Christmas and gave the Indians excellent speed as a runner, receiver, pass defender and kick returner.

He also led the league in interceptions last year. This  isn't  the 1st time there has been a great player suspended and most have learned a lesson and straightened out. Doing the right thing is never easy. That's why I'm proud to call myself a Indian. Someone will step up and Tezeno will be a better person because of this lesson.  So lets go get'em Indians. It's time for the ambush.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83