Opinions

Guest EagleFan01

Guest ballfan

Well i think its just human nature to have favorites out of people. But i guess thats why great coaches are so great because they can overcome that.

Guest Eagle73

I've known Coach Barbay as a coach since 1968 in Newton. He is a quality guy that looks at a lot of kids playing different positions from the first day of practice until district games start. He has for years moved kids around, sometime not always playing the best all the time, but if you watch, will give kids time to "find" a spot to play so the other "talented" kids can get a little rest as they play other positions. To me this is what "coaching" is all about, being able to take different kids every year and mold them into winning teams! We play with 11 of someone's sons every play. Give Coach Barbay the credit for his successes.

Guest BigHam

i wish everyone would stop treating these young men like children!!! the  time is now to start hard critiquing them,if not now,they will be in for a rude awakening. if they are reading...good.maybe little johnnie will work harder and get better!!!

Hey, I'm all for hard critiquing and making them work harder to get better. Just think there are too many self appointed experts on some of these forums that don't have a clue on what their talking about or might have other motives. These athletes need to be pushed and have their butts worked off and if they're not getting it done, well then get them out of the way and put someone else in. You and I might differ a little in that I think thats the coaches job, not a bunch of advice givers.

Guest EagleFan01

Hey, I'm all for hard critiquing and making them work harder to get better. Just think there are too many self appointed experts on some of these forums that don't have a clue on what their talking about or might have other motives. These athletes need to be pushed and have their butts worked off and if they're not getting it done, well then get them out of the way and put someone else in. You and I might differ a little in that I think thats the coaches job, not a bunch of advice givers.

Im not saying the other kid should be starting but the kid I seen playing was not very good they had problems with the snap and some other things that didn't happen when the kid that started against Kirbyville was with the starting unit..... But oh well it happens like they say its politics......  Just hope Barbay can see this going on and makes the right decision in the long run that would be great....

Guest WeedBegone

Guys, you have 22 players on the field at the same time.  My calculations tells me that there  are a minimum of 44 parents (excluding grand-parents) that feel that politics  are keeping another set of 22 players from being on the field.  These type of people feel that there are always better players on the bench.  They infiltrate the booster clubs, the local hang outs  internet forums--etc and do their thing by claiming politics which is another form of politicking.  I have learned after all of these years to not rely on this form of communication.  This type of activity is another part of life--sometimes it is true but often it is not.

I watched Drew Tate at Baytown Lee--his freshman year take a team that did not have much chance two games deep into the play-offs befor he had a bad game. when he had this bad game--which by the way was against a well prepared defense---i witnessed a huge group of fans bash the head coach for playing his son instead of some-body else.  It really gave me a bad taste towards player bashing.    Drew went on to be very successful in college D1 ball and Coach Olen is still producing good athletes. 

Sometimes coaches know something about the situation that you do not.

Maybe he knows that the better player stays in trouble all of the time or he never passes his classes.  Maybe the coach is preparing the player that will actually be eligible when the district race is on the line.

Coach Barbay has a plan.  It is to win.  He will play the player that gives him the best chance of winning.  It might not be your boy, and you might not agree with it, but my guess is he knows more about the situation than you and the people that you are talking out it with in the stands.

My advice is don't talk about how wrong he is in the stands.  My advice is stop writing about your "coach's mistake" on this board.  My advice is stop posting derogatory comments about the "starters" abilities. 

Encourage your "candidate" (son?) to take the position.  If all he hears when he goes home is how dumb the coach (that has won 300 games) is, you will be crippling his ability to exist on the team.

For his sake, rethink your actions.  It is a long season.  Things probably will get better for you down the road.

Guest WeedBegone

Maybe he knows that the better player stays in trouble all of the time or he never passes his classes.  Maybe the coach is preparing the player that will actually be eligible when the district race is on the line.

Coach Barbay has a plan.  It is to win.  He will play the player that gives him the best chance of winning.  It might not be your boy, and you might not agree with it, but my guess is he knows more about the situation than you and the people that you are talking out it with in the stands.

My advice is don't talk about how wrong he is in the stands.  My advice is stop writing about your "coach's mistake" on this board.  My advice is stop posting derogatory comments about the "starters" abilities. 

Encourage your "candidate" (son?) to take the position.  If all he hears when he goes home is how dumb the coach (that has won 300 games) is, you will be crippling his ability to exist on the team.

For his sake, rethink your actions.  It is a long season.  Things probably will get better for you down the road.

Very well said.  Do not let a player have an excuse to fail--they come a dime a dozen.

Guest EagleFan01

This guy is not my son or anything to me I was in the stands Friday night heard a bunch of people talking about it and thought I would get other peoples opinion on the topic that is all I don't care who starts as long as we are winning the games that is all that matters to me..... But as I watched on in the game I did start to see what all the people in the stands were talking about with this kid, the mistakes he was making etc..... Just wanted to here what other's thought about the subject that is all....

I can't believe I'm actually responding to this post, but.......IT'S A FREAKING SCRIMMAGE, PLAYERS ARE MOVED AROUND SO THAT THE COACHES CAN HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON THEIR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES...ITS NOT A GAME...GET OVER IT.   The starting lineup at a scrimmage may or may not be the starting line up on game day.  The people in the stands second guessing Barbay need to get their degree, get hired as a coach and try to win 300 games. 

I can't believe I'm actually responding to this post, but.......IT'S A FREAKING SCRIMMAGE, PLAYERS ARE MOVED AROUND SO THAT THE COACHES CAN HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON THEIR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES...ITS NOT A GAME...GET OVER IT.   The starting lineup at a scrimmage may or may not be the starting line up on game day.  The people in the stands second guessing Barbay need to get their degree, get hired as a coach and try to win 300 games. 

Way to go Duckbutter, you couldn't have said it any better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83