REDFISH ON HALEPENO'S

• 3 months later...

Not the weekend i was down there for the tournament he is down in the laguna just south of CC.  Them suckers were schooled up but were hard pressed to hit anything it was weird.

Did you try the rattle-trap ?  There's something about them rattles that drives em wild !

NO..... Rattle traps and the leguna grass flats don't mix to well.  Pretty much gotta be weedless down there.  I was using a rattling weedless gold spoon though. 

Never fished down there but I still use em against the grassy river banks here on the Sabine. Just gotta find the edge of the grass line so you can pull em in. If its thick and everywhere you gotta have something weedless or a top water and it sounds like you did that. Thats when you gotta have live bait.... I guess?  My son has been doing good in the grass with a top water shrimp. It looks sorta like a chug-bug but painted like a marsh shrimp.

Bottom line is..... its very frustrating when you know the fish are there but they ain't biting what you got....I think we all have been there !

tHE LEGUNA OR ACTUALLY STARTING IN ROCKPORT THE BAY SYSTEMS ARE LOADED WITH GRASSFLATS THAT ARE UNDERNEATH THE WATER. iT'S AN AQUATIC PLANT KINDA LIKE WEED BEDS YOU'D FISH OVER IN FRESH WATER BUT THIS IS OLY INCHES FROM THE SURFACE IN A LOT OF PLACES.  iT HELPS KEEP THE WATER CRYSTAL CLEAR MOST OF THE TIME AND MOST OF THE FISHING IS DONE BY SIGHT.  fOR MY TOURNEMANTS LIVE BAIT IS NOT AN OPTION.  I'M NOT REALLY A FAN OF LIVE BAIT ANYHOW, IT'S TOO EASY TO CATCH JUST ANYTHING.. 

tHE LEGUNA OR ACTUALLY STARTING IN ROCKPORT THE BAY SYSTEMS ARE LOADED WITH GRASSFLATS THAT ARE UNDERNEATH THE WATER. iT'S AN AQUATIC PLANT KINDA LIKE WEED BEDS YOU'D FISH OVER IN FRESH WATER BUT THIS IS OLY INCHES FROM THE SURFACE IN A LOT OF PLACES.  iT HELPS KEEP THE WATER CRYSTAL CLEAR MOST OF THE TIME AND MOST OF THE FISHING IS DONE BY SIGHT.  fOR MY TOURNEMANTS LIVE BAIT IS NOT AN OPTION.  I'M NOT REALLY A FAN OF LIVE BAIT ANYHOW, IT'S TOO EASY TO CATCH JUST ANYTHING.. 

Sounds like your pretty serious with all the tournament stuff.

I prefer artificial bait in the lakes and rivers and live bait offshore. However, I will use live bait anywhere if the other deal ain't workin !

If you need weedless in the grass flats, break out the flyrod.

i'VE GOT A GUY AT WORK THAT FLY FISHES SALTWATER FOR REDS ALL THE TIME. hE'S GONNA TEACH ME HIS TRICKS AND HOW TO TIE FLIES.  i'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN JUST NEVER KNEW ANYONE THAT WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH TO TEAH ME.    rEALLY I WANNA USE IT FOR DOLPHIN OFFSHORE............THAT WOULD BE A BLAST.

i'VE GOT A GUY AT WORK THAT FLY FISHES SALTWATER FOR REDS ALL THE TIME. hE'S GONNA TEACH ME HIS TRICKS AND HOW TO TIE FLIES.  i'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN JUST NEVER KNEW ANYONE THAT WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH TO TEAH ME.    rEALLY I WANNA USE IT FOR DOLPHIN OFFSHORE............THAT WOULD BE A BLAST.

Flyfishing is a lot of fun. What some people don't know is that there are flyrods that are made to take 200 pound tarpon. I think many people think that they are all flimsy rods made to catch 1 pound rainbow trout or perch on tiny flies. I have some saltwater and bass flies that are 8 inches or longer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    udawuqag
    Newest Member
    udawuqag