Recap Of The 1992 3A Title Game SLC vs. Coldspring/Video

Here is an in-depth preview and recap of the 1992 3A State Championship game between Southlake Carroll and Coldspring shown on the Alamo High School Extra with host Craig Way. Carroll finished that season at 16-0 and finished 1993 with another 16-0 season before moving up to 4A in 1994. Coldspring finished with a 14-2 record. The 1992 team outscored opponents 803-122 and is considered by many to be the best 3A team of all time. This team is still #7 on the national list for points scored in a single season: National List

What makes this scoring feat so remarkable is that it was done with a run-based offense and many times starters were pulled early in the 3rd quarter. This team may have easily scored 900+ points that year. None of the pass-oriented 5A championship teams that Carroll has produced in the last five years have scored as many points.

Here is an in-depth preview and recap of the 1992 3A State Championship game between Southlake Carroll and Coldspring shown on the Alamo High School Extra with host Craig Way. Carroll finished that season at 16-0 and finished 1993 with another 16-0 season before moving up to 4A in 1994. Coldspring finished with a 14-2 record. The 1992 team outscored opponents 803-122 and is considered by many to be the best 3A team of all time. This team is still #7 on the national list for points scored in a single season: National List

What makes this scoring feat so remarkable is that it was done with a run-based offense and many times starters were pulled early in the 3rd quarter. This team may have easily scored 900+ points that year. None of the pass-oriented 5A championship teams that Carroll has produced in the last five years have scored as many points.

Thats awesome. Thats kind of like the 1983 or 84 Daingerfield Team. That defense

they had,  has to be in some kind of record book. Story I heard is it they did not give up any points defensively that year not to mention many first downs. I might have my stats wrong, if I have slept since then.

Nice tribute to Coach Peveto.  He had a huge impact at Orangefield also.  He gratuated from Orangefield in the 50's and coached in the 80's.  There is currently a scholarship in is name given each year to a male and female athlete in Orangefield.  It is put on mostly by his former players and his sons.  Ask anyone of his former players and they will tell you that they would have run through a brick wall for that guy.  Great motivator.  His son Bradley is coaching at LSU and Orangefield just recently hired his grandson to coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder