OTHER 3a teams

t-time

OK OK, enough about WOS, that's all I'm seeing in this forum. Not to knock WOS, ya'll have an awesome thing going on. I wanna hear more about the other 21 3a teams. Mostly HJ. I keep hearing about how the team will be pretty good. But I wanna hear more on this district than how WOS will win it.

Hardin-Jefferson Hawks

3 points. That’s all that separated the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks from a winning season last year. The Hawks were involved in 3 one point games and each time they came up on the losing end. Had they been able to pull off those wins they would have finished 6-4 instead of 3-7. Coach David Martel has 12 starters back that will try and push Hardin-Jefferson toward a winning record and one of those playoff spots in the brutal 21-3A in 2007.

Key Wins Last Year:

Cleveland (41-14)

Hamshire-Fannett (13-7)

Last Year’s Scores:

Hardin-Jefferson 16 Anahuac 9

Hardin-Jefferson 41 Cleveland 14

East Chambers 36 Hardin-Jefferson 35

Bridge City 21 Hardin-Jefferson 20

Hardin-Jefferson 13 Hamshire-Fannett 7

WO-S 62 Hardin-Jefferson 0

Kirbyville 44 Hardin-Jefferson 14

Silsbee 28 Hardin-Jefferson 3

Jasper 26 Hardin-Jefferson 25

Orangefield 45 Hardin-Jefferson 32

Offensive Summary

The Hawks welcome back 6 starters from an offense that put up 20 points per game in 2006. The main weapon back is RB Trey Burrell. Last season Burrell nearly broke the 1,000 yard mark as he rushed for 955 yards on 161 carries with 9 touchdowns. Hardin-Jefferson also brings back their QB Elliott Deshotel. Deshotel passed for 500 yards and rushed for 300 yards in 2006. The Hawk offensive line should be able to open up some holes for Burrell as well as give Deshotel some time to throw with Cody Sanders, Jake Roby and Taylor Monse leading the way.

Other Offensive Impact Players:

Jordan Villisan (WR)

Defensive Summary

6 starters are also back on defense for ’07. Last year the Hardin-Jefferson defense allowed 29 points per game. A key factor for the 2007 Hawk defense will be DE Stephen Smith. We also look for big things out of the Hawk linebackers led by David Daniels. Daniels had a stellar season in 2006 as he recorded 53 tackles. The strong defensive core should help to keep Hardin-Jefferson in most of their games this season.

Other Defensive Impact Players:

Beau Hansen (LB)

Hardin-Jefferson will open the 2007 season with a week 0 matchup with up and coming 2A team Anahuac. The following week they make the trip to Cleveland to face the Indians. The Hawks close out non-district with a marquee matchup with East Chambers. The district 21-3A opener for the Hawks will be a September 28 home date with the Bridge City Cardinals. Here is the complete 2007 schedule for the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks……

Aug. 31 Anahuac

Sept. 7 @ Cleveland

Sept. 14 OPEN

Sept. 21 @ East Chambers

Sept. 28 Bridge City*

Oct. 5 @ Hamshire-Fannett*

Oct. 12 WO-S*

Oct. 19 Kirbyville*

Oct. 26 @ Silsbee*

Nov. 2 Jasper*

Nov. 9 @ Orangefield*

things have been looking pretty good at practice... we (HJ) have an intersquad scrimmmage tomorrow...

freshmen are from 8-9 i think

everybody else (J.V./varsity) is from 10-11:30 i think...

not 100% on the times...

so come out and support the hawks...

then next Saturday we scrimmage Dibol at HJ... not sure on the time for that one yet...

Being a former player, not a good one, but I would really like to come out and see, but from Orange, its a good drive. Best of luck to all the three a teams. AND GO BEAT WOS. It would be hillarious

HJ beat WOS? Maybe when Tiger Woods wins the tour de france.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder