Life Waxahachie Vs Silsbee 《Huntsville Tx.》8:00 pm Friday

I don't know if Life has that sorta awkward 6`7 kid still or not. Think he may have graduated.

They still do have some size though.

It's simple what Silsbee needs to do: Everything we did tonight, do just the opposite of that in the next game. Then we'll have a chance of winning.

Objectively I have to rate Wax as the slight favorite.  Silsbee hasn't played any ranked competition in a couple of months and the Tigers couldn't win their own district outright.  In the playoffs the Tigers have faced weak competition,  two third place teams and one fourth place team.

Wax beat Alvarado in their last meeting and beat Connolly.  Those are both second tier but they are ranked.  On the down side was the 1 point win over Palestine which is a lot like our 1 point win over Washington.

The Tigers do deserve to be here but of all 4 teams at Region Silsbee has had the easiest road and though the Tigers have the best single player they look the least impressive.

If I had to bet the farm I call it Wax by 5.

14 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Objectively I have to rate Wax as the slight favorite.  Silsbee hasn't played any ranked competition in a couple of months and the Tigers couldn't win their own district outright.  In the playoffs the Tigers have faced weak competition,  two third place teams and one fourth place team.

Wax beat Alvarado in their last meeting and beat Connolly.  Those are both second tier but they are ranked.  On the down side was the 1 point win over Palestine which is a lot like our 1 point win over Washington.

The Tigers do deserve to be here but of all 4 teams at Region Silsbee has had the easiest road and though the Tigers have the best single player they look the least impressive.

If I had to bet the farm I call it Wax by 5.

WOW, I agree 💯

Silsbee is only a pretty good team this year. We're just a shell of what we used to be at the moment. What's the best team we even beat this year? Nederland, I guess.

Reloading starts next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Life takes this game by around 10 points. We give an effort like we gave against Washington Tuesday, and it might be worse than that. Pretty sure WL will be wanting some payback after getting knocked out by Silsbee last year.

It would be very impressive if the Tigers could make region finals with this bunch, regardless of having an easier path than most to make it. Of course we all know what the "reward" for making it that far will be this year if that happens 😟

I like Silsbee’s chances against Life. Life is a good disciplined ball club but Silsbee has the better athletes. Silsbee will probably still loose if they don’t have more intensity on defense though. Will probably need to be more patient at the same time. Best word to use would be poise. Lots of poise on both ends of the floor and Silsbee wins easily in my opinion