3. Burkeville

24 1A

1. HD

2. West Hardin

3. Evadale

4. SP

5. HI

Guest 87CRU79

Yeah, LCM should be around 7 or 8  ;D!!!

On another note, I think that for the most part, the coaches were fairly accurate. But come on, who actually voted for Vidor. Give me a break!!!

I don't particularly like LC-M, but I do think they will be a factor in this years district race.  I am not saying they will be a playoff team, but they will have something to say about who will be there. I think 4th or 5th would be more accurate.

My buddy Swamppy

Guest 87CRU79

I am not trying to be rude here, but I just do not see where people are getting the idea that LCM is a team to beat. They have always played teams hard, and have snuck up on a few teams every year. Why now are they considered a 22-4A powerhouse? Did I miss something?

Guest 87CRU79

Having multiple starters is nice, but it does not directly translate into wins. Let me give you an excellent example:

Going into the 2005 season the Vidor Pirates had 20 starters returning (give or take). Not only that, Coach Matthews had hired one of the best trainers in the area to guide his players in offseason workouts, Dan Krostche (sp). Coach Matthews is regarded by many in this area as a outstanding motivator of his players.

I don't even think that Vidor even won a single district game that season, let alone run the table. It is about tradition and expecting to make the playoffs every year, and not allowing in anyone to get in your way.

LC-M will be better, but certainly not a "powerhouse." Nine starters back, which is about average, and better coaching in place. Still, they'll have to fight with a few other teams for that third spot behind Dayton and Central.

In my mind LCM is picked very low and call me crazy, Lumberton fans will love me, but I like their team. Im not calling them a playoff team but I really like their qb DeJohn and runners Hanna and Hussey. There I showed some Lumberton love now they better back me up or never again!

i think they have just enough to edge out mid county,not being mean or hateful.pn-g might be a little tougher for them.

h.i.s.d (humble) wasn't a factor in 21=5a??? i still think lee is way to high

should be brook,PAM,Lee. reguardless of what they have coming back,it's always the same ol lee.third or fourth place,bow out second rd.

When coaches vote in preseason polls they often vote to take the bullseye from their team OR to place the bullseye on a perceived challenger.  Pretty much mind-games at this point of the season. Sure makes it fun for the rest of us! ;D  Good to see my pal SFA hanging around! 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder