2007 Hull-Daisetta Team Preview

This is the hidden content, please
Hull-Daisetta Bobcats
This is the hidden content, please

Hull-Daisetta was expected to challenge West Hardin last year for the 24-1A championship but ended up getting blown out in the district championship game 36-7. The Bobcats would go on to finish the year in the Bi-District round with a 45-34 loss to Groveton. They finished with a 7-4 overall record. Hull-Daisetta welcomes back 16 starters in 2007 and should be ready to challenge again for the district title.

Key Wins Last Year:

Kountze (22-0)

Evadale (32-14)

Last Year’s Scores:

Hull-Daisetta 58 Westbury Christian 6

Hull-Daisetta 22 Kountze 0

Hull-Daisetta 49 Cathedral 6

Buna 34 Hull-Daisetta 0

Danbury 20 Hull-Daisetta 18

Hull-Daisetta 51 High Island 0

Hull-Daisetta 32 Evadale 14

Hull-Daisetta 49 Sabine Pass 7

West Hardin 36 Hull-Daisetta 7

Hull-Daisetta 28 Galveston O’Connell 8

Groveton 45 Hull-Daisetta 34

Offensive Summary

The Bobcats return 8 starters on offense for the 2007 season. Last year the Bobcat offense averaged 32 points per game. The ‘Cats return 24-1A’s offensive MVP from a year ago WR Franklin Smith. Smith finished the 2006 season with 600 yards receiving. TE Tre Dickerson is also a standout player on offense for Hull-Daisetta. The offensive line will be led by OG Matt Dees.

Other Offensive Impact Players:

Adrian Anderson (QB)

Defensive Summary

8 starters are back on defense as well for the Bobcats in 2007. Last season Hull-Daisetta gave up 16 points per game. First Team All-District LB Aaron Cook returns as well as First Team All-District FS Anthony Walker and they will be the defensive leaders. Walker had 3 interceptions in 2006. DB Sam Elliott will join Walker in the Bobcat secondary.

Other Defensive Impact Players:

Ehren Davis (DB)

Hull-Daisetta opens their season with a road game at Westbury Christian. The Bobcats will face their toughest non-district test on September 21 when they travel to Buna to face the Cougars. They will close out non-district play on October 5 at home against Danbury. Hull-Daisetta will open 24-1A play on October 12 at High Island. Look for the district championship to be on the line on November 2 when the Bobcats play host to the West Hardin Oilers. Here is the complete 2007 schedule for the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats……

Aug. 31 @ Westbury Christian

Sept. 7 @ Kountze

Sept. 14 Legacy Christian

Sept. 21 @ Buna

Sept. 28 OPEN

Oct. 5 Danbury

Oct. 12 @ High Island*

Oct. 19 Evadale*

Oct. 26 @ Sabine Pass*

Nov. 2 West Hardin*

Nov. 9 @ Galveston O’Connell

I don't kno but is this Adrian Anderson the fast kid that ran track..I thought the Elliot kid is the QB??????

as the swami said they alternated last year and i think its better if they dont. it does not matter wich one is where but in 1a you only have so many atheletes and you need them on the feild

as the swami said they alternated last year and i think its better if they dont. it does not matter wich one is where but in 1a you only have so many atheletes and you need them on the feild

Good point, both of them should be on the field, all the time.

we've been liftin weights getting ready and we're looking good and as soon as two a days start we're gonna put all our effort out there trying to get even better and i think we will do great this year so we'll find out when football gets started up well good luck to the other teams peace out

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83