Carthage 55 Lumberton 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

I know exactly what UNCLEPIG is talking about.  For a SETX reference, that would be Silsbee, Newton, East Chambers,  West Brook, who all have balance and flavor and a great mix.  No, it's not necessary to have a certain number of ingredients per, but you almost must have balance to compete at a high level, in Region III.  After that talent gets you so far, it's culture and winning dna, which is lacking overall in our area.  These programs have it and it starts from the top (Leadership).  I am not sure why its so hard for some people to understand this concept.  Carthage and Navasota is about the best demonstration in the state for this balance (4a and below)  Once again, you will see successful programs without the balance, but not so much in our area.  Why you ask?  Because they dont have the balance, dna, culture, coachability, etc that these type of programs have and are.  Simple really

I get what you're saying. 

On 11/22/2019 at 8:56 PM, texas13 said:

Carthage is a good football team. The offensive line is what I was the most impressed with. I believe they are very beatable by a team with a good front 7.(I know I’m going to catch a lot of crap for saying that) seemed like some very predictable play calling, but then again that’s the only time I have seen them play 

Who in 4AD1 can beat them? Surratt was chill this game. Kept it very simple. 

3 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I know exactly what UNCLEPIG is talking about.  For a SETX reference, that would be Silsbee, Newton, East Chambers,  West Brook, who all have balance and flavor and a great mix.  No, it's not necessary to have a certain number of ingredients per, but you almost must have balance to compete at a high level, in Region III.  After that talent gets you so far, it's culture and winning dna, which is lacking overall in our area.  These programs have it and it starts from the top (Leadership).  I am not sure why its so hard for some people to understand this concept.  Carthage and Navasota is about the best demonstration in the state for this balance (4a and below)  Once again, you will see successful programs without the balance, but not so much in our area.  Why you ask?  Because they dont have the balance, dna, culture, coachability, etc that these type of programs have and are.  Simple really

I hear you, but I don’t think Uncle Pig meant that at all. I’m not even sure I understand your comment totally. Are you saying that without a mixture of races in our area that a team can’t be successful? In other words, are you saying that each race brings something to the table that the other one can’t? Question: If you had a school with mostly Asian kids - let’s say they are Viet Namese, some Italian kids and a few American Indian kids, would that provide a good balance DNA, culture, coachability that we need to have a winning program? What does race have to do with flipping “coachability”??? Omg...where do these people come from? Read BmtSoulja1’s post. He’s got the answer...

11 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I hear you, but I don’t think Uncle Pig meant that at all. I’m not even sure I understand your comment totally. Are you saying that without a mixture of races in our area that a team can’t be successful? In other words, are you saying that each race brings something to the table that the other one can’t? Question: If you had a school with mostly Asian kids - let’s say they are Viet Namese, some Italian kids and a few American Indian kids, would that provide a good balance DNA, culture, coachability that we need to have a winning program? What does race have to do with flipping “coachability”??? Omg...where do these people come from? Read BmtSoulja1’s post. He’s got the answer...

Don't over think what he is saying, my opinion, the Culture, coachability, having team leaders, parental support, and strong work ethic , is a lot more important than race. That's why having a  winning program starts with the kids and parents  at home and  in January with a productive Off Season . But Lumberton still needs to recruit some kids from Bmt. to move in , and increase their speed . lol 

22 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Thanks for the clarification and "helping me out", my man. Still an odd opinionated comment. Lol. Are there certain percentages that the "coaching world" sees as more beneficial to success? Cuz I don't think the NFL coaches agree with that... NFL stats: Approx 70% African American. Less than 30% white and a scant percentage of all other races...but what do they know...

I don't think that a good "(racial) mix of kids" is crucial to a program's success, necessarily. While it may have a positive societal impact, it probably doesn't put points on the board. Anyhow, it's a non-issue I guess. I was just wondering where your comment came from...

Baller the NFL game and high school game are completely different in SO many aspects. I would think a guy like you would recognize that 

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Baller the NFL game and high school game are completely different in SO many aspects. I would think a guy like you would recognize that 

You are correct, and I do recognize that. But one aspect I don’t recognize is that you have to have an ethnic “good mix of kids” to be Successful! You said, “They’ve got a great mix of blacks, whites, and Mexicans. The perfect blend if you will.” You also said that the “perfect blend” or a “good mix” was crucial to success and that in the “coaching world” that pretty much everyone knows this. I just happen to think your NUTS! 
Read BmtSoulja1’s post:  “If they can play and ball, they can play and ball...”

14 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No, I'm not saying it can't be successful.  I"m saying, it's almost inevitable that in these cases where there is no diversity or "good mix" that the program does lack success.  Look at our area and analyze yourself the teams that do have it and do not have it, then you can make an accurate assessment.   Once again, i'm not saying there MUST BE a certain percentage, but balance is key.  You'll learn the more you study various programs in the state.  Culture is everything.