Losers Bracket

Tomball 2  Groves National 1, Groves National eliminated

Tomball 15  Deepwater  1, Deepwater eliminated

Winners Bracket

West End 13  Deepwater  7

CHAMPIONSHIP

Tomball  13  West End  3

Tomball vs West End, Tonight 7 pm

Well, West End got beat up pretty bad tonight.  Tomball can flat-out hit fastballs.   We get one more shot tomorrow, but they are solid.

HEY Y'ALL DID IT ONCE, SO Y'ALL ARE CAPABLE OF DOING IT AGAIN!!... MAYBE THEY DONT DO GOOD AGAINST OFF-SPEED GUYS, MAYBE YALL SHOULD THROW SOME CHAGEUPS AND SEE HOW THEY HIT... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW I HOPE TO SEE YALL IN STATE!!

It was a shame the 12's lost..they were a very talented team.

West End's 10's get a shot at revenge tonight.  They are playing Tomball's 10's for the Section 2 championship.  West End has had to come thru the losers bracket after losing their first game to Tomball 8-7.  West End's 10's beat Tomball last night 8-5 to force the championship game.  This group of 10's might be the most talented yet...especially pitching-wise.  They are very deep at pitcher (and really very solid all the way around).  Tomball must be really good to be able to beat them once and score 5 on them the second time around.  Let's hope that it won't be a Tomball sweep over West End at Sectionals!!!!!

It was a shame the 12's lost..they were a very talented team.

West End's 10's get a shot at revenge tonight.  They are playing Tomball's 10's for the Section 2 championship.  West End has had to come thru the losers bracket after losing their first game to Tomball 8-7.  West End's 10's beat Tomball last night 8-5 to force the championship game.  This group of 10's might be the most talented yet...especially pitching-wise.  They are very deep at pitcher (and really very solid all the way around).  Tomball must be really good to be able to beat them once and score 5 on them the second time around.  Let's hope that it won't be a Tomball sweep over West End at Sectionals!!!!!

WOW TOMBALL BEAT LAMAR NATIONAL, WHICH EVERY YEAR HAS AN INCREDIBLE TEAM AND WAS IN THE WORLD SERIES ON ESPN A COUPLE OF YEARS SO AGO... THEY MUST REALLY BE THE REAL DEAL...... :o

Good for Tomball, but if I recall our little 12year old team from last years Groves National beat a few teams that in the past were pretty unbeliveable as well.

Wait and see at regionals as there will be some pretty tough teams there.

To bad our groves team this year couldnt have played against last years

competition.

Good for Tomball, but if I recall our little 12year old team from last years Groves National beat a few teams that in the past were pretty unbeliveable as well.

Wait and see at regionals as there will be some pretty tough teams there.

To bad our groves team this year couldnt have played against last years

competition.

Don't forget, as the GNLL 2006 all star team swept the competition at last years sectional tournament, they mercy-ruled the team from Northwest 45, whose league has also enjoyed a tradition of sending teams to the LL World Series and won the American Championship one year.

As history shows, teams like the GNLL 2006 East Texas State Champions don't come around all that often, maybe every 20 years or so, as evidenced by the successes of Port Neches LL in the 60's and Port Arthur OSB LL in the 80's, then Groves in 2006.

More power to whichever team is strong enough to break that cycle and bring the title back to District 32. If Tomball goes on to win State and reaches the regional quarterfinals as Groves did (or goes even further!), they will have shown themselves to be a team deserving of our accolades. It's a significant achievement attainable only by the very best, of course with the ultimate goal being the LL World Series.

Good luck to Tomball, it would be a thrill to see a team from Section 2, East Texas go all the way.

I hope Tomball advances also.  Then I could really see if the televised radar gun is accurate or not.  Our kids faced Tomball three times and I think I saw most of their pitching.  None of them throw near 70, but it seems every team in the LL Series has a couple of kids that throw that hard.  If the gun clocks the Tomball kids throwing 70, I will know for sure that it's bogus.

I hope Tomball advances also.  Then I could really see if the televised radar gun is accurate or not.  Our kids faced Tomball three times and I think I saw most of their pitching.  None of them throw near 70, but it seems every team in the LL Series has a couple of kids that throw that hard.   If the gun clocks the Tomball kids throwing 70, I will know for sure that it's bogus.

IDK MAN I DONT THINK ESPN WOULD DO THAT TO US.. I REALLY DO THINK SOEM OF THOSE KIDS THROW 75... THE KYLE CARTER KID FROM LAST YEAR STANDS AT LIKE 5'10 OR 5'11 SO I DONT THINK ITS THAT HARD TO BELIEVE... AND MOST OF THOSE PROBABLY STARTED THROWING A BALL AT LIEK AGE 2..LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Tomball advances also.  Then I could really see if the televised radar gun is accurate or not.  Our kids faced Tomball three times and I think I saw most of their pitching.  None of them throw near 70, but it seems every team in the LL Series has a couple of kids that throw that hard.   If the gun clocks the Tomball kids throwing 70, I will know for sure that it's bogus.

Well I watched Teexas West vs Roswell and they say the kid from Texas West was throwing 81 and it looked like he was..

• 4 months later...

Well I watched Teexas West vs Roswell and they say the kid from Texas West was throwing 81 and it looked like he was..

No way.  I think the guns are bogus on ESPN.  We've had some West End kids throwing unbelievable hard...big kids too.  And they are throwing 65-68.  I can't see ANY way there is a kid out there throwing 12-15 MPH harder than them.  And that kid from Groves a year or two ok...K-Rod???  He threw VERY hard as well but I think it was 'only' 68-70.  You might be able to convince me a 12 year old could throw 70-74 but beyond that...I'm not buying it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder