Spare Time

I saw this post and I had to share this with you......

I went to the Bellaire v. Westside game the other night and I sat next to a Seniors mom. As I listened to her talk about the end of the season it brings me back to serious memories and how I felt a while ago. Over the next month thousands of baseball players that are classisifed as seniors will hang up their cleats and enter into the world of college freshman. There will be a few that have signed at a college to continue playing the game that they love and a handful more that will walk on to their baseball programs at the school of their choice.

During this month all the players that will no longer play baseball will run on the field for the last time, throw the ball in warm ups and slap their team mates on the butt for the last time. As each of these players walk off the field the parents will close up their chairs, pick up their worn out score books and at that moment realize they can't say to their friends see you at the next game for the first time in years. As these parents walk away they wonder....what will I do with all the extra time?

I wish nothing but good things to all. Good Luck to ALL!!!!!!!!

Well said, Lonewolf. It is very emotional to be a parent of a senior. Even if your player makes it to the next level, they have spent the last 14 or so years playing with many of the same kids through school- they will never be able to say that again. For those teams in the play-offs, I hope these kids will realize how valuable this time together is and make the most of it. Also, make the best decisions you possibly can while off the field, do what you can to stay safe and healthy so that when it is all over, you won't look back with regret-only great memories of the times you spent playing the game you love with friends you have had your entire young life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami