QuarterBacks HS..Best You've Ever Seen?

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I've seen in person, bar-none: Young Mr. Vincent. Noone else is in that league, IMO. Someone was asking the question about who Vincent was playing against right before a Mustang game in the 'Dome - 2000 against Worthing right before our Bay City 10-7 win. I saw Vince play his Senior year against Westlake. Just simply on another planet.

• 2 months later...

Well, I played against a kid from New Caney named........Adam Dunn. Remember him? That kid was crucial!!! Could have easily been in the NFL. Just chose MLB.

GoStangs, have you forgotten your teammate? Tremain Lewis

shame shame shame :lol:

Vince Young is far and away the best high school player I have seen at any position. I was at that 61-58 game too. Had you traded the quarterbacks, and given Vince to North Shore and given Willie Gaston(a good high school qb in his own right) to Madison. North Shore would have won 80-10 had they wanted. You could have stuck Vince on Houston Reagan or Vidor or Houston Smiley and they would have been a threat to win a state championship. I don't think some people appreciate how horrible that Madison defense was. Courtney Lewis was good on offense as were a couple of their receivers, but it was typical HISD team other than that. They had poor fundamentals and despite having a little bit of talent, they would not have been above .500 had they not had Vince. Put him at the helm and they are a few plays from the state championship.

Other than him, Drew Tate, Ell Roberson, Odell James, Ced Cormier, James Brown, Chip Ambres.

PAJ had a guy that i liked. I can't remember his name. He was there when Lendon Henry was there. His name might have been West. I always thought hewas a productive qb for high school.

Beasley of course is great. I seriously said when I saw him that if he were 3 inches taller, he would be one of the top ranked qb recruits. His passing was pretty good if you ask me. He of course had excellent quickness. I'd put him right there with Drew Tate tied for second place. But both are light years behind Vince Young.

Just asking but does anyone remember Ray Pousson from West Orange High before they combned with Stark........he went to University of Colorado. His playing style was similar to Beasley's in the way that they both had about an even amount of running and passing yards. He graduated in '74.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder