Best QB in 22-4A in 2007

District stats for 2006 season EXCLUDING playoff games!

comp/att    %      TD's    INT's    Yards    yrd/game

Bryce DeJohn    111/207    54%    15        12      1545      154.5

Cody Green        89/141      63%    15        9        1171      117.1

including playoffs

Cody Green      105/171    61%    19        10      1429      119

Considering the talent Dayton has, Cody should have WAY better numbers than Bryce.  Bryce had 3 3-interception games that really hurt.  Some of those were tipped balls and some were poorly thrown passes.  He's not as big and fast as Cody but the young man is a good leader, has a great arm and is my son ;)

GO RAIDERS!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raider911

Sorry dude, but DeJohn is gonna get rocked by most of the defensive lines in the district, especially Central's and Nederland's.

He sure did get "rocked" this year when he threw for 1545 yards  :D AND if he did get rocked by any def lines it would be Daytons and Central's. NOT Ned's

Guest 87CRU79

If you would take a long look at Nederland's D, you would see that they have their fair share of pass rushers and run stoppers this year:

Dravantti Johnson (6' 3'' 220) LB/DE - Needless to say...the most talented player on the defensive side in 22-4A if not best all around athlete in the district.

Jeremy Stewart (6' 1'' 250) DT/DE - Played most of the beginning of last year before running into grade problem. The kid possesses good size and strength.

Wareall Grogan (6' 230) DT/DE - Played at the end of the year (OLB), but was moved to d-line after position changes were in order. Great speed and brute strength.

I reckon DeJohn will be lookin at these guys from flat of his back when Ned comes to town. I think he will make himself quite comfortable on the grass.

Guest 3AFan

comp/att    %       TD's     INT's    Yards    yrd/game

Bryce DeJohn    111/207     54%     15        12       1545       154.5

Cody Green        89/141      63%    15         9        1171       117.1

including playoffs

Cody Green       105/171     61%     19        10       1429       119

Considering the talent Dayton has, Cody should have WAY better numbers than Bryce.  Bryce had 3 3-interception games that really hurt.  Some of those were tipped balls and some were poorly thrown passes.  He's not as big and fast as Cody but the young man is a good leader, has a great arm and is my son ;)

GO RAIDERS!!

You forgot one real important stat: W/L

including playoffs

GO RAIDERS!!

Bryce is a good QB. plain and simple. One thing we've also got to remember if we are comparing is that Cody's first full game at QB was the Lumberton game(4th game), so the numbers are skewed a little. Cody also had some bad games...i.e. Central(that defense!!)

We'll get a little better idea about Cody this year.

by the way. on the topic of AJ being a better QB...I think he is a better runner....but overall I don't think so. AJ has so many weapons it's unreal, I like him better out of the slot or catching balls out of the backfield.

Guest Baller

You are right about AJ.  He is a great backup to Cody at QB and a great receiver at his position, had a TD reception last night from the 3rd QB.  But looking at the game last night, Cody probably had over 200 yards passing and 2 TD in just 2 quarters.  Cody ran an offense and AJ tried to adlib everything.  There is no doubt that AJ is the better runner and can make some things happen but there is a reason that Cody already has some unofficial scholarship offers on the table.  These two will compliment each other well for the next two years.

This evening at the Dayton purple and white game watch the QB on the other team opposite Cody Green. This QB named AJ Dugat who will probably play receiver during the season just might be a better QB than Green. Alot of people think so.

Guest Baller

You also have to remember that Dayton was in the lead in all of those district games and usually by a wide margin so there is no need to pass the ball.  Lumberton on the otherhand was behind in most of those games trying to play catch up and that does make a difference.

including playoffs

GO RAIDERS!!

You also have to remember that Dayton was in the lead in all of those district games and usually by a wide margin so there is no need to pass the ball.  Lumberton on the otherhand was behind in most of those games trying to play catch up and that does make a difference.

thinking back...I don't believe Cody played at all against WOS (not sure, only game I missed) and only played about a half each against Friendswood and Nacogodoches. so the yds/game is iffy.

thinking back...I don't believe Cody played at all against WOS (not sure, only game I missed) and only played about a half each against Friendswood and Nacogodoches. so the yds/game is iffy.

That is correct...

Cody didn't play at all in the WOS game and only half of the other 2 pre district games.

He was also pulled in the 4th quarted in many district games because Dayton was so far ahead, really, Dayton didn't throw much in the 2nd half of most of their district games.

If you want to compare quarterbacks compare the SCORES of the games...

Cody was responsible for twice or three times as many points.

If picking a fantasy football team out of 22 4A, Cody would easily be my first pick.

This evening at the Dayton purple and white game watch the QB on the other team opposite Cody Green. This QB named AJ Dugat who will probably play receiver during the season just might be a better QB than Green. Alot of people think so.

Wes57- Who are "a lot of people" that think that AJ Dugat "might be a better QB than Green?" I haven't seen any effort, especially last night of the Broncos making a switch. It seems to be that Green proved last night that he has a stronger arm and was the better QB. I'm not sure if you were there or not, but the other QB that filled in for AJ, Crowder did better than AJ did. Thoughts?

Sorry dude, but DeJohn is gonna get rocked by most of the defensive lines in the district, especially Central's and Nederland's.

Dejohn will be the best qb in the district dayton its not going to be easy creduer will have these boys ready he knows what yall have now!

Dejohn will be the best qb in the district dayton its not going to be easy creduer will have these boys ready he knows what yall have now!

He knew what we had last year. If you are refering to Green he was a sophmore QB last year, if he surprised teams last year it won't be any different this year. He is bigger and more poised this year. Dejohn is a good athlete and so is Green but the proof is in the puddin. We really won't know how they compare until mid-district 07-08. Thats what is great about football there are some kids that none of us have discussed, by Oct they will have everyone's attention.

I think you will take back that quote after Dayton crushes Lumberton in the first district game and Green is responsible for over 300 to 400 yards of offense.  Dejohn my be a great qb, but he doesn't have near the "weapons" Green will have to utilize, nor is he going to be the running threat like Green will be in the Dayton offensive scheme.  There will be many defensive coordinators this year losing sleep at night trying to figure out a way to slow down the Bronco's offense.  There are way to many weapons at RB and WR to stop just one.  Look for Dayton to average over 30 points in district again, and Green will be a huge part of the point production.

A Memorial Day prediction that I will requote on Veteran's Day when the season is over...

Cody Green District Offensive MVP

• 3 weeks later...

We really have some homers on here. The way I see it Green is the best QB going into the season. A 10 no, but above average. Dejohn is a good QB also but not the best in district. He is in a pass oriented offense or maybe it just seems that way due to them not winning much and needing to throw. Lumberton seems to think every year will be their year but it just don't happen. Sampere is not a proven commodity yet. I know you Nederland guys love your players and that is fine, but lets see him do something on Friday night before crowning him. Tatum has the potential to be good and some people to work with on offense but he needs to gain more confidence in himself and take more control of the offense. Driver from LCM is an excellent athlete. I have no idea about Vidor, Ozen and Central but I think all will be new starters.

Whatever 85

I think alot of the optimism for Sampere is that Ned usually produces good QB's. 

Ned is usually leading or very close to the top of the district passing yards almost every year.  Moshier was right behind Green and Dejohn and that was with a 2000+ yard rusher, something no other team had.

I went back and did some research of top passers in the District.

2001- William Delage- Ned

2002- Kirk Dean- Ned

2003- Gilley-Lum , 2nd Hood,-Nederland

2004- Hood- Ned

2005- Moshier- Ned

2006- Dejohn-Lum,2nd- Green-Dayton,3rd- Moshier-Ned

Maybe some insight into why we expect alot out of our QB's, and aren't just homers.

Especially going to a spread offense.  As far as the O-line goes, it gets rebuilt every 2 years or so and you see the results above.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami