Letsinger & Netherly shine in TABC All-Star Game

Guest orangeman

Guest orangeman

The TABC All-Star basketball game for 1A - 3A was played tonight at 6:15 at Trinity University in San Antonio. Southeast Texas was represented by Cam Powell & Richard Netherly who played on the North squad, as well as  Ryan Donahoe &  Brandon Letsinger who played on the South squad. Richard Netherly led the North team in points, rebounds, and blocks. Brandon Letsinger led the South team with 19 points and 8 assists. The South team won 104 - 103. Congratulations to all of the local players who played very well.

Guest orangeman

Whey these four local players were on separate teams was a little confusing to everyone. The players were definitely not divided up by regions of the state. It appeared the coaches just divided the two teams up evenly positionally to make for a close game. They were successful in doing so with the final score being 104 - 103. Donahoe and Powell had solid games as well.

Guest JCfan

Look! Letsinger did a great job with some of the most talented players in the state in 1-3A.

Yeah, I know, it is an all star game, but everyone was very competitive from what I hear and had the same amount of PT.

I really believe that some colleges, including Lamar are missing out with players like Donahoe, Netherly, and yes Letsinger. I think all these could be a lot better than some believe and colleges would get better players than they think.

Congrads to all these deserving guys. 

I will say of course I am proud of Netherley.  He really shined.  The others played solid as well.  This was not a typical All-Star game.  Both teams played hard and with good defense.  The hi lite was Letsinger took over late and led his team to victory.  He is for real.

BUT...............according to everyone here who is an expert, Letsinger cant play with the big dogs(larger schools, all star games, etc.).  I mean after all, he is ONLY a 1A player, right.

Congrats to him.  I sure hope someone will give him a chance at the next level.  Basketball and high jumping!

There is a chance Letsinger could be high jumping as an Aggie next year.  The coaching staff at Texas A&M has invited him to come visit the school and see their athletic facilities the Tuesday after the state meet.  This would be a terrific opportunity for a great athlete.

Guest orangeman

Letsinger's got a few options he is considering right now. One of course would be  high jumping for A&M. Another basketball opportunity popped up yesterday and he will be meeting that coach and scrimmaging with their players today. I'll give the name of the college shortly if necessary. Again... congrats to all of our local basketball players who are getting the opportunity to continue showcasing their talents at the next level.

I sure would like to see him continue playing basketball, but high jumping at the D1 level aint to shabby!

What school is interested orangeman?  And are there other basketball options for him that he is considering?

Guest JCfan

Orangeman, I bet you feel better today!

Thanks for the info, I know Letsinger's info needs to stay personal until he wants people to know.

Keep us informed.

And vc, my guess is that if Netherly was going to UT we might have heard something. 

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO PLAYED!!!! GOOD JOB BRANDON THERE WAS NEVER A DOUBT IN MY MIND OF YOUR ABBILITY, OR THE MINDSET AND ATTITUDE. GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE. HIGH JUMPING TO GET A EXCELENT EDUCATION IS BETTER THAN PLAYING BALL TO GET A MEDIOCRE ONE. BUT THEIR IS NO DOUBT YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE THE CHOICE RIGHT FOR YOU. (JUST MY OPINOIN)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder