Dayton Stands And Seating Capacity Formula...

For inquiring minds....

To find out "about" how many people a stadium can hold...

Every yard of stands can seat about 2 people.

So...

The "average" stadium in the Beaumont area is goal line to goal line (100 yards wide) and 26 rows high (A to Z)

100 x 2 = 200 (people on 1 row)

200 x 26 = 5200 (total number of people)

So most 4A and 5A stadiums in the Beaumont area seat around 10,000 (5,200 x 2)

The new staduium in Dayton is about 50 yards wide and will be 58 ROWS HIGH!!!

There are more aisles in this stadium if you look at the pictures in bronco1's topic so that will affect the formula, but...

50 x 2 = 100

100 x 58 = 5800

There will also be a section of fold down seats so that will decrease this number.

The other side of Bronco stadium can seat around 3,000.

So when the stadium is finished it should hold between 8,000 and 9,000 people.

I do believe the 58 rows at this stadium will be the highest of any stadium in this part of the state.

Guest etbu

Hey you Dayton chaps went by your stadium this morning and; D; D.... The stands look great that they have up thus far and man you guys have it going. I like the height of the home side and going to be very impressive. Leave the light on bc we are getting one if our bond passes on May 12th. Turf and not as big as stands as you guys but still none the less better than that dump we now play in. Good job Dayton.

PN-G is also hoping to pass a bond issue. Stadium will have field turf, two story press box, and a brick facade to match the school. The endzone seat will be removed due security issues while stands willl be extended on both sides so the capacity should stay at 13,000.

bronco1...

Where will the "reserved seating" be, at the top, bottom or middle???

and...

How many reserved seats will there be???

They will start about 13 rows up and a few rows from the press box, I do believe.

They have set amount of reserved seats but do not recall exact count.

Guest etbu

I was very impressed and your town will very proud once they complete everthing. Good for Dayton for taking that step to build such a nice complex for the kids.

PN-G is also hoping to pass a bond issue. Stadium will have field turf, two story press box, and a brick facade to match the school. The endzone seat will be removed due security issues while stands willl be extended on both sides so the capacity should stay at 13,000.

I have heard "inklings" about a huge bond issue at PNG.

Graduating from there, I still think that the "Reservation" is the "Taj Majal" of football stadiums in this part of the state.  There may be "better" looking stadiums elsewhere, but the history of what has occurred on that field and the huge home side is one of a kind.  I have been told from opposing teams that the pregame walk into the field from the gym is one of the most intimidating parts of the game.  Do you know when construction will start and when it is expected to be completed.

I was very impressed and your town will very proud once they complete everthing. Good for Dayton for taking that step to build such a nice complex for the kids.

People often question about the expenditures in athletic facilities, but in reality it is the only real financial generating structure that a school district has.  Just think of the $$$ PNG rakes in on a home game that is sold out.  This is a very nice stadium in the process of being constructed and the opposing teams won't be dissapointed when they visit Bronco Stadium.

For inquiring minds....

To find out "about" how many people a stadium can hold...

Every yard of stands can seat about 2 people.

So...

The "average" stadium in the Beaumont area is goal line to goal line (100 yards wide) and 26 rows high (A to Z)

100 x 2 = 200 (people on 1 row)

200 x 26 = 5200 (total number of people)

So most 4A and 5A stadiums in the Beaumont area seat around 10,000 (5,200 x 2)

The new staduium in Dayton is about 50 yards wide and will be 58 ROWS HIGH!!!

There are more aisles in this stadium if you look at the pictures in bronco1's topic so that will affect the formula, but...

50 x 2 = 100

100 x 58 = 5800

There will also be a section of fold down seats so that will decrease this number.

The other side of Bronco stadium can seat around 3,000.

So when the stadium is finished it should hold between 8,000 and 9,000 people.

I do believe the 58 rows at this stadium will be the highest of any stadium in this part of the state.

That's pretty close to the formula that I use but I believe 24" per person is a more accurate measurement. 

100 x 3 / 2 = 150 (people on 1 row)

150 x 26 = 3900 (total number of people

I have count well over 300 hundred stadiums around the state and many times compared it to actual counts and it is amazingly close.  When you use this formula you don't have to deduct for ramps and other anomalies.  It gives more of a "Butt on the bench" count.

At the end of the day unless you spend several hours with pencil, paper, calculator and binoculars, it’s an estimate.

thanks texasbob...

I am a math teacher and appreciate the more "accurate" estimate.

One of my activities is to show pictures of football stadiums and have the 8th graders calculate the maximum capacity.

Horseshoes, Hand granades, and Stadium Capacities, close is what it's all about. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa