Who is the best coach?

Guest BALLPLAYER

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread should be fun to read as it develops. It is probably like asking a group of grandmothers who has the cutest grandchild. If a kid is starting on a winning team, that coach is the best. If the kid is starting on a losing team, the coach is an idiot. If the kid is sitting the bench on a team win or lose, the coach should be fired.

Guest airitout123

Not everyone who disagrees with a coach has a child on the bench. Some adults are smart enough to gauge how well a coach performs.

Anywho...the coach at LCM does a good job of developing his players and sending them to the next level. The coach at Jasper seems to do well also.

How would you rate a coach who takes a kid who hits 400+ before district starts then "improves" his swing mechanics and turns him into to .050 hitter? He turns the kids mind onto stuff to think about except hitting the ball!. The kid has no recourse but to try to do things the coaches way or he'll be set down. If he keeps doing things the coaches he can't perform and his poor performance will cause him to be set down!!! Great coach or poor athlete?? Poor coach or good athlete turned into a bad one. This game is very much mental.

Two extremely good coaches are Jay Stone and Steve Griffith. These guys have shaped up baseball in this area. But you cannot leave out any coach in this category...... Kip McFarland does a good job at OF. And what about Coach Bryant at BC???? He is a good coach. There are several more that I could name, but the list would be extemely long!

This is a tough one...

I would have to say a guy from the early 90's Lou Brown

He went from managing 'Tire World' to managing Cleveland to a League Championship

:wink:

"I'll have to call you back, I've got a guy on the other line about some white walls."

Lou Brown's comment when asked he if wanted to manage the Indians.

Griff may be a good coach but he does't utilize his players very well, he has and had great talent. He has a great player on his team he won't play because he signed a football scholorship. He throws 88-89 from the hill along with 3 other pitches with good control. He covers the outfield like a blanket, great range at 1B and swings a hard bat, crushed CF at Central about 420.

Griff may be a good coach but he does't utilize his players very well' date=' he has and had great talent. He has a great player on his team he won't play because he signed a football scholorship. He throws 88-89 from the hill along with 3 other pitches with good control. He covers the outfield like a blanket, great range at 1B and swings a hard bat, crushed CF at Central about 420.[/quote']

Just as I predicted. Win or lose, if a player sits the bench, he/his parents think the coach is an idiot or can come up with some other excuse that johnny is not playing (like he already signed a football scholarship). I'm sure if Coach Griff thought he could help in the line up, he would BE in the line up. He wouldnt be the first player to sign a football scholarship and still play baseball. Want an example? Look up Billy Ford or Anthony Bandiero. If johnny "crushed CF at 420" against Nederland or PNG I might be impressed, but I still wouldn't second guess someone that is coaching an undefeated team in 20-4A. Bearbacker- Chris Boozer didn't play football, if that helps you narrow down who onebaseballguy is referring to.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw