* Jasper 3 BC 2 Final/Tuesday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats to Jasper, They found a way to pull it out, not even getting the ball to the outfield.  That Bronson kids is a bunting machine.

Congrats, Bulldogs.  A great demonstration of small-ball being played by a very fast team.  4 errors by the Cardinals did us in. Bronson can bunt and run.  I was curious how anyone else would have scored that last bunt by Bronson.  I felt that it should go down as a fielder's choice/sacrifice and not a hit.  He would have been out at first but the Cardinals had no reason to throw him out with only one out and the winning run just scoring.  Obviously it makes little difference as the result is the same. :-\

Congrats, Bulldogs.   A great demonstration of small-ball being played by a very fast team.  4 errors by the Cardinals did us in. Bronson can bunt and run.  I was curious how anyone else would have scored that last bunt by Bronson.  I felt that it should go down as a fielder's choice/sacrifice and not a hit.  He would have been out at first but the Cardinals had no reason to throw him out with only one out and the winning run just scoring.  Obviously it makes little difference as the result is the same. :-\

Good to see you at the game.  I have been thinking about that.  I don't know any baseball rules but obviously, BC HAD to come home with the ball because that was the only play that meant anything.  And they did not do that and Jasper won the game.  I guess a lot of game ending situations might not be totally fair stat wise.  What if Bronson had hit what would normally have been a "triple" instead.  Only one run, the winning run, would have counted right?  The runner on second base would not have counted.  So I think it is probably just as fair to give him a "hit" as to not give him the other RBI in the "triple" senario.  But I am just guessing.  :)  Someone will probably be checking the rule book on the "hit". 

Anyway it was a great game to watch.  The way Stringer was pitching I thought Jasper did not have much of a chance.  But, credit the Jasper coach.  He is probably more a "hitting" coach, but he proved he could go "small ball" when needed.  Frankly, he did impress me with that move.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami