Regional tournament scores

In the junior division, Kountze beat Twin County, not sure how bad.  Orangefield beat Bridge City by 30-40 pts.  Orangefield and Kountze will likely play for first at 1pm, then the loser will likely play Twin County at 8:30pm for 2nd.

In the major division, Kountze beat Buna by 30-40 pts.  Twin County led by 4 at the half against Bridge City, but ended up winning by 20 pts.  Kountze will play Orangefield at 10:30am, the winner will play Twin County for 1st at 3:30pm.  The 2nd place game will be at 9:45pm saturday night, from what i've seen, it will likely be Twin County and Orangefield in that game barring any upsets.

In the senior division, Kountze beat Twin County by 10 pts for first place.  Orangefield beat Bridge City by 5.  Orangefield played Twin County for 2nd place at 9:45 tonight and lost by 10. 

The Regional tournament in Van Vleck was a joke!  In majors Gulf Coast beat Cleveland by 3 and Van Vleck beat HF by 3-5 I think.  Then HF beat Cleveland and Van Vleck beat Gulf Coast by 8.  The story for Van Vleck was they had a kid who was 6 foot 2 probably.  After the tournament was over someone said that he was 14.  At the beginning of the 4th quarter during the HF GC game, Gulf Coast got disqualified.  The tournament was unorganized and pathetic.  Some may disagree but I say pathetic.  Great job by the players of Gulf Coast and HF, you represented our area great!  Good luck HF at nationals.

i was at the kountze gym all day saturday so i saw all the games pretty much.

For the juniors, Orangefield lost to Kountze in the championship game by 30+ pts.  In the losers bracket, Twin County won a close game in comeback against Buna.  Then Orangefield and Twin County played for 2nd and Orangefield won in a close one.

For the majors, Orangefield played kountze close for a half then lost by 20 pts.  Then the big surprise came in the championship game when Twin County knocked off Kountze in overtime in a great game.  So Orangefield played Bridge City in the losers bracket and was behind most of the game but beat BC by 7.  Then Orangefield and Kountze played for 2nd. OF gave Kountze a scare again, was down only by 4 at half and 11 after 3 quarters and hung around, but kountze was just too good and won the game.

So to recap heres how the tournament ended up

Juniors- Kountze 1st , Orangefield 2nd,  (Twin County 3rd)

Majors- Twin County 1st, Kountze 2nd, (Orangefield 3rd)

Seniors- Kountze 1st, Twin County 2nd, (Orangefield 3rd)

Congratulations to the kids and coaches for their efforts and good luck to these teams in nationals.

Ithink the tournament ran good until this incident with Gulf Coast and the alternate players. I don't understand the rules enough to explain what happened but I think the score was 37-25 in the 3rd quarter, and at that point in the game, Gulf Coast hadn't found an answer to stop Hamshire-Fannett. I was hoping the game would go on after all the fussing was over

Gulf Coast got disqualified because the coach was trying to give the two alternates playing time but didn't tell the bookeeper and so they only qualified 9 players that weren't alternates.  Something like that.

6 foot 2? That kid was was every bit of 7 foot. Well it seemed he was that tall standing against the other players. I heard a rumor he was from Bay City and wasn't suppose to be in the regionals. In my own humble opinion, Van Vleck won the majors and all of us who played Van Vleck got our butts kicked by a good team.

Gulf Coast Majors have a good team. I knew we ( Hamshire-Fannett)  would win the Juniors but I knew our Majors  would struggle against some good teams.

The Regional tournament in Van Vleck was a joke!  In majors Gulf Coast beat Cleveland by 3 and Van Vleck beat HF by 3-5 I think.  Then HF beat Cleveland and Van Vleck beat Gulf Coast by 8.   The story for Van Vleck was they had a kid who was 6 foot 2 probably.  After the tournament was over someone said that he was 14.  At the beginning of the 4th quarter during the HF GC game, Gulf Coast got disqualified.  The tournament was unorganized and pathetic.  Some may disagree but I say pathetic.  Great job by the players of Gulf Coast and HF, you represented our area great!  Good luck HF at nationals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder