*Week 6 Nominations For Player And Pitcher Of The Week*

Joel Schooling of Silsbee.  Pitched a complete game against one of the toughest teams in the state and got the win.

I agree. Joel Pitched a super game. Keeping the ball away from a great hitting team like BC. With the small strike zone he had to put up with was something to watch.

Pitcher of the Week:  Ryan Sampere: complete game with ten strike outs in a do or die game against Dayton.

Player of the Week:  Jaosh Cabra 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs against Dayton.

Guest Orangeboy

Joel Schooling for Silsbee pitched complete game against a tough B.C. and Brandon Wallcott from Silsbee went 4-4 against one of the best pitching staffs in the state. Great job Guys!!!! 

I 2nd that motion, both of these men came up big against BC on Friday.

Todd Wallace again.  He's on FIRE!!  Along with the two Home runs against Memorial, he went 2 for 3 with 4 RBI's against Humble Friday night.  Along with his power at the plate, his defensive play behind the plate as the Bruins Catcher showcases his "cannon arm" and blocking ability for the Bruin pitching staff.

Shawn Flores for PNG - no hits, 11K's, no walks, no score for Central

By the way, Central is a very much improved team this year.  They have the ability to win on any given night.

Even though Joel Schooling pitched a great game against got the win you can never ignore a No -No.  Another day for Joel but today it goes to Shawn Flores for Pitcher of the Week.  Great job to get a no hitter no matter the team or the district.

Not real sure of the player of the week as so many had similiar peformances but B. Armstrong's 6 -6, 2 triples and a homer is a heck of a night at the plate.  Leaning that way until more data surfaces.

I would think Flores with his no hitter would be Pitcher of the Week.  Schooling gets congrats for defeating BC (although I don't think giving up 7 runs is anywhere near a no-no).

As far as Player of the Week, West Brook has 2 deserving candidates this week:

Bobby Armstrong:  5-6 (sorry, the official book gave the RF an error on 1 of his 'hits' on Friday nite) with 2 3B, 1 HR, 3 RBI and 7 Runs scored.

Todd Wallace:  3-5, 2 HR, 6 RBI.

Both had great weeks although I personally would give the nod to Armstrong.

I would think Flores with his no hitter would be Pitcher of the Week.  Schooling gets congrats for defeating BC (although I don't think giving up 7 runs is anywhere near a no-no).

As far as Player of the Week, West Brook has 2 deserving candidates this week:

Bobby Armstrong:  5-6 (sorry, the official book gave the RF an error on 1 of his 'hits' on Friday nite) with 2 3B, 1 HR, 3 RBI and 7 Runs scored.

Todd Wallace:  3-5, 2 HR, 6 RBI.

Both had great weeks although I personally would give the nod to Armstrong.

IMO--Sampere's performance is more impressive--after all Dayton had a 15 year old sophomore pitched 4 innings @ Central and no-hit them---was only relieved to get a Freshman some work.

Schooling gave up way too many runs to even be considered for pitcher of the week. If you throw a no no a don't get pitcher of the week, something is very wrong. I'm not hearing anything about how good Central is lately either like at the begginning of the year. Think about it, a no hitter is not giving up a texas leaguer, a slow roller, anything to anyone for seven innings. Central or not, a no hitter is a no hitter. And don't forget, Central's leadoff hitter was hitter of the week a couple of weeks ago, so it's not like Central is a team full of benchwarmers. Great job Flores!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder