Who Is The Best High School Dunker?

Guest Kelly Football

Trey never dunked in the 6th and 7th grade during a game his first dunk was all over brandon Samuels in 8th grade during a little dribblers game

Mmm, pretty sure he could dunk in 7th. Didn't say it was during a game. I said I like watching him play.

And I was there when he dunked on Samuels, it was pretty cool. :)

you people must not have seen mr heinz swish yet have yall. he broke the backboard on a sweet 1080 degree dunk and sliced his hand on a piece of glass and got mad then sprinted down the court and jumped from half court flipping through the air the entire time and threw it down with his feet and broke our other goal. HF currently has 0 basketball goals left so please send money to the fix-a-goal foundation thank you                Heinz Swish

• 3 weeks later...

you people must not have seen mr heinz swish yet have yall. he broke the backboard on a sweet 1080 degree dunk and sliced his hand on a piece of glass and got mad then sprinted down the court and jumped from half court flipping through the air the entire time and threw it down with his feet and broke our other goal. HF currently has 0 basketball goals left so please send money to the fix-a-goal foundation thank you                Heinz Swish

Yeah man, I was there. It was awesome. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember watching Trey play back when he was in 7th and 8th grade, and he could dunk way back then. He's amazing. I always love watching him play. :)

He's a dunker no doubt! 

Guest DickVitale

In SE Texas:

Keith Harris 1995 PA Lincoln

Immanuel McElroy 1998 PA Lincoln

Luke Jackson 1991 Beaumont West Brook

Burdest Jenkins 2006 Beaumont Ozen

Kelvin McKyer 1991 PA Lincoln

In Houston:

Calvin Rice 1988 Houston Madison

Cedric Taylor 1998 Houston Waltrip

Garrick Thomas 1992 Aldine MacArthur

Darren Heckerd 1992 Houston Madison

TJ Ford 2001 Sugarland Willowridge

In SE Texas:

In Houston:

TJ Ford 2001 Sugarland Willowridge

Yes, this dude had some leapers!

One of the best high school dunkers I ever saw was LaBradford Smith of Bay City. This guy had tremendous leaping ability with great control. He made many a spectacular dunk in traffic.

Also, the best dunking team I ever saw has to be the 1985 state champ Houston Madison team with Sean Gay & Co. Actually, they were one of the best teams I had ever seen until that Willowridge team with Ford, Ewing, & Co. came along.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest orangeman

C'mon now Mr. Vitale. You mean an esteemed basketball officianado (sp?) such as yourself has forgotten the #1 dunker of all time to come out of southeast texas? 1995 West Orange-Stark... NORRIS McGHEE! If you're ranking based strictly on dunking then Norris has got to be at the top of the list. And for you young kids who were in diapers in '95, take my word for it, there is no one... I mean NO ONE... currently playing ball in Southeast Texas who could compare to Norris. I watched him in '95 vs. Lincoln (in WO-S) grab a defensive board, dribble coast to coast in between all five Lincoln defenders, then take off from about 12 feet out, cock the ball as far back as he could reach, and bring the house DOWN! On another occasion during a summer leage game he caught the ball on the block, jumped up, put his left hand on the glass and pushed his body away to create more space, then brought it around with his right hand and crushed it. I've got more but I'll stop right there. Ask Boutee, Boren, Jernberg, and any other coach or player who saw this kid jump. SICKENING!

Guest coachhooker

In SE Texas:

In Houston: