Vidor @ PNG tues

Guest pirates

For the life of me I do not understand why a few sour grapes has to get on here and pull down any one or any one team.  PNG has a class act for a coach and that spills over to his team.  Coach Green is turning things around in Vidor he is not only building a program, but he is starting to up lift his players to where they are not only respectfull on the field but off also.  Like PNG is.

PNG has alot more going for them than you mentioned.

Vidor will see the best pitcher they have seen this year.

PNG has seen many better then they will face.

PNG is at home.

Vidor is on the road.

You have to give the defensive nod to PNG with Vidor's SS out. Even with Harrington leaving ss to pitch.

I personally think PNG swings it a little better than Vidor.

You also have to give the coaching nod to PNG.  Stone has much more experience in big games.  (before you jump on me, I am not saying the other coach is bad, I am just saying that Stone's 20+ years experience makes him one of the best)

History is on the Indians side. (which does give kids a mindset) PNG has won in the ballpark of 16, 17, or 18 of the last 20 meetings.  This is just a guesstimate.

You do have a point midcountymadness, PNG is a very talented team with an experienced leader in Coach Stone. But I wouldn't count Vidor out just yet, they have faced good pitchers in the kid from St.Louis, Riley from Woodville, and Sampere from Nederland and they have put up double digits in all of those games. I'm not saying Vidor puts that type of offense up agianst Harrington but from what I've heard and the little I've seen they swing the bat extremley well. And as far as the "history" edge going to PNG I agree 100% but I think some teams thrive on the underdog role and I believe this Vidor team is one of those groups. I'm not saying Vidor takes it but watch for a thriller at the Reservation. Good luck to both teams and always remember to represent your towns with class, I wouldn't expect any less from these two coaches.

Midcountymadness your a moron!,I'll give you the pitching edge but Vidor has the better defense and swings it a lot better.  Even with VJ out Vidor is a better ball club. Who cares about the last 16 or 17 times they played, does it really matter? They split last year. We'll see tuesday.

Guest pngpurplenwhite

Midcountymadness your a moron!,I'll give you the pitching edge but Vidor has the better defense and swings it a lot better.  Even with VJ out Vidor is a better ball club. Who cares about the last 16 or 17 times they played, does it really matter? They split last year. We'll see tuesday.

Why is the guy a moron for stating his opinion?

how does vidor have a better defense than PNG  they have had 4 errors since district started and only gave up 6 runs  i dont see how you can get better than that on defense

On any given day there is a possibility of anything happening.  Both of these teams are high class teams with lots of talent.  Harrington and Robicheau are both great pitchers and have alot to be proud of.  They both have had to rely on their defense and bats to come out on the winning side.  Nether team has the ability to win without great coaching behind them.  I agree that Stone has the experience but Greene has proven to have the ability to bring something to the Vidor program that I have not seen in a long time.  These kids will play and play hard. 

I know that the loss of VJ hurts Vidor but it will also give them the want to win for him and to prove that they can win without him too.  PNG has the sluggers and speed on their side.  It is gonna be a great game and they both have to keep errors to a minimum and if one is made they will have to capitalize on it.  There is alot riding on this game for both sides.  I will give the edge (small one) to PNG but it is gonna be nail-biter.

Pots should not call kettles black......

PNG wins this one by 7 runs....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder