Gilmer Union Hill 64 Coolidge 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

23 hours ago, lostaussie said:

If I am not at ATT on Dec 20 watching UH, I will be stunned. 

I don't know.  Those teams out West are always good at 6-man, and have been playing 6-man forever.  Once they get past this Friday's game, assuming they do, there's some very good teams left.  The cream always rises to the top.  It's the same as any other classification.  They were a whisker's breath away last season from that trip, and I think they should've been there, but...a bad call by the officials, an extra timeout, and they went home.  That's the breaks, so you just never know.  I will say I think they are fully capable of getting there.  They are about as fundamentally sound, as talented, and as well coached as any team out there in 6-man.  Their coach, Shane Mallory, has a state ring before as a head coach at Throckmorton (2014) and knows what it takes.  This is only his second year at UH, and the Bulldogs are 23-2 thus far under his tenure.

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

I saw this game in person, and Union Hill has some legit talent. They got two go-daddies and about 5-7 guys that enjoy being nasty.  Now this was my first ever 6-man game so my knowledge is limited, but Union Hill passed the eye test and the played fast test

I wished I would've known you were there.  We could've met up.  How about those two goal line stands?  It looked like Coolidge was going to drive it down UH's throat, and did to the 1-yard line to open the game.  Four tries couldn't get it in, and it went downhill for Coolidge from there.  They had nobody that could stop Gabe Nelson (# 9), nor could they stop Colt Mallory (# 7).  I hope Colt, who got hurt on the TD run, gets well quick because he's a heck of a player.  The UH defense is legit, and will definitely bring the wood.

18 hours ago, blackflag said:

I wished I would've known you were there.  We could've met up.  How about those two goal line stands?  It looked like Coolidge was going to drive it down UH's throat, and did to the 1-yard line to open the game.  Four tries couldn't get it in, and it went downhill for Coolidge from there.  They had nobody that could stop Gabe Nelson (# 9), nor could they stop Colt Mallory (# 7).  I hope Colt, who got hurt on the TD run, gets well quick because he's a heck of a player.  The UH defense is legit, and will definitely bring the wood.

I told my dad that Coolidge looked like a jv team compared to Union Hill during warm-ups.
Mineola is a long drive from SETX....
As good as 9 is number 7 is very good in his own right. He is a hard nosed athlete too. To me number 7 is what makes 9 better, and vica-versa. 
Like my dad said during the game. "UH stopped them on the fourth down and then the next play #9 goes a hundred yards to the house, a couple of times,  that will hurt the other teams feelings." So with a smile I said dad " they only go 80 yards in six-man" my dad gave me that look that I had not seen since I was 12 and then we laughed. Which was good cause I was really scared for a second.

1 hour ago, jv_coach said:

We are two big ole boys, so it could have been. do you have a daughter who is a cheerleader?

Yes!  I felt like that was you once you started talking about you and your dad.  That bearded fella sitting with his wife and daughter, who has a cheerleader for a daughter.  That's me.  Small world, ain't it?

18 minutes ago, blackflag said:

Yes!  I felt like that was you once you started talking about you and your dad.  That bearded fella sitting with his wife and daughter, who has a cheerleader for a daughter.  That's me.  Small world, ain't it?

that is!! Crazy. Are you going to Priarileand to watch the game? I may go

9 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

that is!! Crazy. Are you going to Priarileand to watch the game? I may go

Unfortunately, I have to work late tonight.  My wife, daughters, and a couple of their friends are going, though.  If they win, I will definitely be able to go to the next one.  I'm hoping that my favorite two teams play on different days this next week, provided they both win.

3 hours ago, blackflag said:

Unfortunately, I have to work late tonight.  My wife, daughters, and a couple of their friends are going, though.  If they win, I will definitely be able to go to the next one.  I'm hoping that my favorite two teams play on different days this next week, provided they both win.

I don't need any parts. You might as well head for Mesquite