Privilege

TxHoops

For some reason, there is a segment of our society that honestly believes that anyone who is not Caucasian is not responsible for any of the ills from which they "suffer" and the responsibility for each  and every one of those ills is, somehow, attributable to the white man.  The words "white privilege" and " plantation mentality" seem to be the popular buzz words these days. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

For some reason, there is a segment of our society that honestly believes that anyone who is not Caucasian is not responsible for any of the ills from which they "suffer" and the responsibility for each  and every one of those ills is, somehow, attributable to the white man.  The words "white privilege" and " plantation mentality" seem to be the popular buzz words these days. 

Wah wah wah

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

It is what it is. ( unless you are Bill Clinton - and then it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.)  by the way Tobie, those who believe what I stated will never get anywhere

It's no wonder that black family units break apart at an alarming rate. The fact that their women are referred to as hoes ( love the respect huh Tobie?) and bringing an out of wedlock kid into the world is referred to as "having a baby for him" like it's a Christmas present or something, and the father is referred to as " baby daddy"....... All such loving and affectionate terms huh Tobie? One can see how an innocent child could grow up without anything.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

It's no wonder that black family units break apart at an alarming rate. The fact that their women are referred to as hoes ( love the respect huh Tobie?) and bringing an out of wedlock kid into the world is referred to as "having a baby for him" like it's a Christmas present or something, and the father is referred to as " baby daddy"....... All such loving and affectionate terms huh Tobie? One can see how an innocent child could grow up without anything.

I am black and don't call my wife are any women a hoe. My two kids grew up with me and my wife of 30 years. 

14 minutes ago, six burg said:

I am black and don't call my wife are any women a hoe. My two kids grew up with me and my wife of 30 years. 

Congratulations, and I mean that sincerely.  If all blacks, whites, and other races, would emulate your family, as San Cooke sing, What a Wonderful World This Would Be.

5 hours ago, six burg said:

Dont take it personal. I just go by what I hear and see. I made none of that up and didn't say all blacks are that way, but when it is so prevalent it has to have some effect on the young people and society in general.

African americans created the genre known and rock & roll, for what that's worth. There are video clips of southern white conservative christians calling it race music and degrading to society. Same was said about R&B.  Now it is rap.  Were they right? Probably so, but secular music lovers don't care.  Besides, it is really not about race.  It is about being spiritually good and spiritually not good.  People everywhere bicker and skirmish over relative non sense as if this world will continue on in time ad nauseam.  I don't think that is the case. 

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

African americans created the genre known and rock & roll, for what that's worth. There are video clips of southern white conservative christians calling it race music and degrading to society. Same was said about R&B.  Now it is rap.  Were they right? Probably so, but secular music lovers don't care.  Besides, it is really not about race.  It is about being spiritually good and spiritually not good.  People everywhere bicker and skirmish over relative non sense as if this world will continue on in time ad nauseam.  I don't think that is the case. 

Here is a good article.