Deweyville @ Groveton

PiratesFan2019

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Going against my heart, I'll pick Groveton.  I know the Pirates have improved, but 58-0 last year.  They haven't improved that much.  On the flip side, Groveton not as good, so I'm still hoping for a Deweyville win.  

Please Pirates, prove me wrong.

I think Groveton has more talent, but the Pirates have a lot of heart and I do believe they have a better team this year. Prouse has really done a number with these boys. Hoping the Pirates shock everyone and pull through this week.

I have to say...every game we've lost this year has went down to the wire and been decided by only a handful. Our boys fight to the final whistle.  Last night we seemed uncharacteristically flat coming out (The dreaded bye week blues?) Anyway, we hung around and even fought back to a 3rd Qtr lead 15-14. Offense able to move the ball down the field late trailing 22-15 but a holding call stagnated the drive. I'm proud of what's going on in the 'Ville right now...sure, we've got some work to do but I'm proud of these young men who refuse to quit, week after week.

18 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

I have to say...every game we've lost this year has went down to the wire and been decided by only a handful. Our boys fight to the final whistle.  Last night we seemed uncharacteristically flat coming out (The dreaded bye week blues?) Anyway, we hung around and even fought back to a 3rd Qtr lead 15-14. Offense able to move the ball down the field late trailing 22-15 but a holding call stagnated the drive. I'm proud of what's going on in the 'Ville right now...sure, we've got some work to do but I'm proud of these young men who refuse to quit, week after week.

Me too.  Having followed Vidor for many years, I love to see a school program improving, and Deweyville is doing that.  I got the Pirates beating WS and making the playoffs, which is well deserved after quite a few close losses.  Saw them at Evadale.  Played a heckuva game.