Silsbee at LumbertonScrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

20 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Also, I don't know where silsbee gets all these running backs but it seems like y'all have a whole handful that ran pretty well yesterday!! 

Ozen.... Legacy.... you name it.  

Lol. This is where I'd normally cue the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies and sing about how they "loaded up the truck and they moved to Sils-beereeeee," but it's just the first scrimmage. I've got to pace myself. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ozen.... Legacy.... you name it.  

Lol. This is where I'd normally cue the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies and sing about how they "loaded up the truck and they moved to Sils-beereeeee," but it's just the first scrimmage. I've got to pace myself. 

Lol last year I would joke with my father in law and call them the Silsbee Transfers.. but at least Adonis is a true Tiger!

As far as I know they did not have a move-in this year except the kicker. There could be some but I don't know who they were. 

I've been watching Tre Lowe, Kalon Banes, Adonis, Jacob Collins,  and most of the rest for years. They played when in junior high.... They played when they were young high school students. 

I think there was a kid who attended Evadale who lived in Silsbee and decided to go to school in Silsbee. 

Well I have to give it to Coach Smith. Great off season program sure seems to have made a big difference for the Tigers. The Tigers looked like a much different team this year over last year at this time. Offense looked strong and the defense looked head and shoulders better. I was impressed with a couple of Offensive lineman for the Tigers. Don't know the kids name but I was really impressed with one of the offensive tackles, big kid and moved well. QB and backfield looked fluid along with receivers but gotta brag on that defense. They will come put a hat on you for sure. I personally look forward to seeing how the Tigers handle PNG and WOS. 

16 hours ago, Smoke on the Water said:

Well I have to give it to Coach Smith. Great off season program sure seems to have made a big difference for the Tigers. The Tigers looked like a much different team this year over last year at this time. Offense looked strong and the defense looked head and shoulders better. I was impressed with a couple of Offensive lineman for the Tigers. Don't know the kids name but I was really impressed with one of the offensive tackles, big kid and moved well. QB and backfield looked fluid along with receivers but gotta brag on that defense. They will come put a hat on you for sure. I personally look forward to seeing how the Tigers handle PNG and WOS. 

I agree. But I would to see them get the ball to Kaylon Barnes more in space.

There was lots of muddy water to navigate through last year for the Tigers Coaching staff.  Understandable for sure.

Obvious from the get go that when a new coach has a DI back the likes of Tyler you take it and don't ask questions.  This helped tremendously in buying time

for the coaches to evaluate their "Farm" system and current Varsity players.  Once system was implemented, the trust factor had to be established.

If early indications are to believed then the Tigers are playing much more as a team than past years.

Still.....  Only time and hopefully wins will tell.  Seriously tough Non-District schedule has been set for this coaching staff.

PNG

Newton 

Jasper

WOS (Homecoming)

Havent seen any other schedule as tough, in the immediate area.

#TigerNation

44 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

There was lots of muddy water to navigate through last year for the Tigers Coaching staff.  Understandable for sure.

Obvious from the get go that when a new coach has a DI back the likes of Tyler you take it and don't ask questions.  This helped tremendously in buying time

for the coaches to evaluate their "Farm" system and current Varsity players.  Once system was implemented, the trust factor had to be established.

If early indications are to believed then the Tigers are playing much more as a team than past years.

Still.....  Only time and hopefully wins will tell.  Seriously tough Non-District schedule has been set for this coaching staff.

PNG

Newton 

Jasper

WOS (Homecoming)

#TigerNation

Bridge City's is pretty tough, too.

North Forest

WOS

Newton 

Jasper

Lol.  We've also got Hamshire Fannett in Week one... Do you y'all have "cupcake" for that 5th game?

All jokes aside, whose bright idea was it to schedule WOS for homecoming? Jesus.  

50 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

PNG

Newton 

Jasper

WOS (Homecoming)

#TigerNation

WOW!!!!!, NICE

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bridge City's is pretty tough, too.

North Forest

WOS

Newton 

Jasper

Lol.  We've also got Hamshire Fannett in Week one... Do you y'all have "cupcake" for that 5th game?

All jokes aside, whose bright idea was it to schedule WOS for homecoming? Jesus.  

Was really the only game on schedule to have homecoming. Silsbee only has 4 home games this year. PN-G is week 1, WO-S is week 5, BC is week 9 and Cleveland is week 11. Nobody has homecoming first week of season and nobody wanted to have homecoming that late in the season, particularly district games. So WO-S it is. No biggie. Isn't the first time Silsbee has had WO-S or other big time schools as their homecoming opponent.

Oh, and Silsbee's other non-district opponent is soon to be 6A Alvin Shadow Creek.

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was really the only game on schedule to have homecoming. Silsbee only has 4 home games this year. PN-G is week 1, WO-S is week 5, BC is week 9 and Cleveland is week 11. Nobody has homecoming first week of season and nobody wanted to have homecoming that late in the season, particularly district games. So WO-S it is. No biggie. Isn't the first time Silsbee has had WO-S or other big time schools as their homecoming opponent.

Oh, and Silsbee's other non-district opponent is soon to be 6A Alvin Shadow Creek.

That's wat I absolutely love abt wat Silsbee is doin. They're not shying away from anyone.  It will only make them better.and I truly believe that the lose to Carthage really has motivated them.them kids PUTTING IN Work For THIS up coming football season.i truly believe they will win there district. And go a few rounds deep if not further. Just my opinion i can see them making some noise this year.

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep,,, No Biggie,    Disrespectful, but i like it

Silsbee is not afraid to invite anyone to homecoming, never have been. Hebert, Jasper, Lincoln, WOS and so forth, we don't discriminate. Pick one out and we'll play. I do hope homecoming is on the cool side this year. I always remember back in the day that homecoming was cool weather. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just how the schedule fell. Even a person who sees nothing but disrespect in anyone's action can see this was really their only choice.

Move on

Bcz  it is homecoming Silsbee town will b buzzing especially since they're playing w.o. knowing how much those kids wanna beat them. That week will b so hyped for them.

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Wasn't that said plenty of times last year??

Yes and though I will never say can't, I think we have a lot to prove before you can say "can". I have said it before, and I am not much of a betting man, that last year I would have placed a bet of just about any amount that WOS could not have kept us out of the end zone with I think it was 10 plays inside the 10 yard line, BUT they did.  Until we show that we can truly compete with them consistently we have absolutely no room to talk.