*Post Jasper Tourney Scores Here*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great highschool baseball game.  Hats off to the kids from Jasper on the win.  They are a great team.  I am however amazed at the number of pitches the Jasper pitchers are allowed to throw on a regular basis.  Someone should inform your coach that these are tournament games and not worth putting that kind of wear and tear on you pitchers. It may catch up to you down the road.  By my book (and it is not official, just a Dad trying to be part of the game) I had our two kids combine for around 125 and the Jasper pitcher threw the same  by himself.  I know your coach has had some success over the years I am just glad our coach is a little more conservative with our kids.

It was a great highschool baseball game.  Hats off to the kids from Jasper on the win.  They are a great team.  I am however amazed at the number of pitches the Jasper pitchers are allowed to throw on a regular basis.  Someone should inform your coach that these are tournament games and not worth putting that kind of wear and tear on you pitchers. It may catch up to you down the road.  By my book (and it is not official, just a Dad trying to be part of the game) I had our two kids combine for around 125 and the Jasper pitcher threw the same  by himself.  I know your coach has had some success over the years I am just glad our coach is a little more conservative with our kids.

I was thinking the same thing the other day when Jasper beat Kelly in 11 innings and whoever pitched threw a complete game. I've known Coach Mixon since we were kids and admire what he's doing with the program, but I agree with you. Those kids are gonna be burned out if he doesn't find ways to use other kids that can at least eat up innings in lopsided games.

I watched Leggett play for years at OYB, always knew he had the potential !! I think he is a Zone alumni if I am not mistaken..

Really...I think you have some serious issues with your infatuation of Sam Moore.  Send him some flowers or something, its more personal.

I would love to look back in your profile to count how many times you have given the majority of the credit of the LCM "over rated" baseball team's success to him...

I personally like to think that these are a group of hard working kids that are a product of hard work, good upbringing, good little league, fall league, occasional select league, and an exceptional high school baseball program.

I am also thankful the pitching staff is currently healthy for the most part and those that have had to have elbow surgery before they even got a taste of varsity ball are back in the saddle....but we wont go there unless you want to.

I could give you the numbers to some local florists if you are interested, or perhaps you could mail Sam a card, I'm sure you have his address memorized being his #1 fan and all.  He did send me a private message last week with a disclaimer that he is in no way affiliated with you and that he takes no credit for LCM Baseball's success.  (I think you may be starting to give him the creeps)...

:o

Edit: I went and checked.  5 out of 8 posts by Mustang Blue regarding LCM gives credit to Sam Moore for their success thus far, some of the same posts mention how over-rated LCM is....seems a bit of an oxy-MORON in my opionion...are they over-rated and we should thank Sam for that?  I'm sure MB will be quick to clarify.

Guest Mustang Blue

Does your mommy know you are playing on the computer ?

If anyone has a problem I think it is you. I bet you are wearing one of the LCM coaches old Jock-straps as we speak, is your mind always on that side of the fence or have you come out of the closet ?

I am just giving credit where credit is due. Go to the KOGT sports site and you will see Leggett and Hicks (Freak of Nature) from BC, both Zone kids.

Lets talk about the surgeries, the kids ruined those elbows long before the Zone was opened, credit goes to Dads that let their own kids throw 135 pitches per game while throwing two games in ONE week !! :P

Guest Mustang Blue

Coop,

Mustang Blue will no longer be posting on here, I have revoked his computer privileges. I showed him how to get on and register, we actually used my email so I dont want his stupid comments reflecting on me in any way.

Not sure whos saying LCM is over rated but I would have to agree... Im not saying there not a good team but there Pitching is going to be the downside for the bears this year... I think the offense has what it takes does the defense??

What people are referring to is Mustang Blue, aka, LCM basher.  No one has said LCM is loaded this year, or that they will end up at the top of the pack in district.  They are young, but have impressed most with their record thus far, however, the poster formerly known as Mustang Blue obviously had some serious issues with the team and stated more than once that they were over-rated. The point many have tried to make in their defense is, you can't "over-rate" a team that wasn't even in the ratings at the beginning of the season. I like to think the young Bears are "making a name for themselves" this season instead.

Guest coach

Vidor wins there second game of the tournament..i believe they play again tonight..does anyone know the bracket how it falls now after a few games??

2007 Jasper Tournament  ;D

Thursday, March 8th

Time 

12:00 Vidor vs. Hemphill

3:00 Huntsville vs. LCM

6:00 Jasper vs. LCM

Friday, March 9th

Time 

10:00 LCM vs. Hemphill

1:00 Huntsville vs. Vidor

4:00 Jasper vs. Hemphill

7:00 Jasper vs. Vidor