TODD DOUGHTY NAMED AS NEW HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

I agree but beating crappy 1a schools in west texas even if you have a 2a school in west texas should not rank you above a proven Richie Pinkard.  

Yes, he may not have been everyone's choice but I'm gonna trust our school and give him a chance, not get on here and bash everyone about picking who they thought would be he best guy. Pinkard and Strickland are very qualified and experienced, but maybe there was something special about Doughty when he interviewed.

The superintendent picked Doughty and brought to the board to vote on correct?Unanimous across the board on his decision correct? Can someone answer this?

Not that I'm buying into this but 5-5 or 6-4 and make the playoffs it will be a win 4-6, 3-7, 2-8 , 1-9 we've got problems. I didn't say 0-10 because no way Warren beats us and if they do and we go 0-10 we got major problems. Year 2 7-3 or 8-2 and go 2 deep in playoffs anything less it's time to repeat the process. 

4 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Not that I'm buying into this but 5-5 or 6-4 and make the playoffs it will be a win 4-6, 3-7, 2-8 , 1-9 we've got problems. I didn't say 0-10 because no way Warren beats us and if they do and we go 0-10 we got major problems. Year 2 7-3 or 8-2 and go 2 deep in playoffs anything less it's time to repeat the process. 

We will be 3-7 next season is my prediction. The bad thing about repeating the process in 2 years is I don't think we will have this caliber of applicants again (Strickland, Feaster, Pinkard). What  I will guarantee you is Strickland won't apply again. We have some good talent up and coming for Doughty to work with I'm curious to see what happens. I hope he proves me wrong.

5 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

We will be 3-7 next season is my prediction. The bad thing about repeating the process in 2 years is I don't think we will have this caliber of applicants again (Strickland, Feaster, Pinkard). What  I will guarantee you is Strickland won't apply again. We have some good talent up and coming for Doughty to work with I'm curious to see what happens. I hope he proves me wrong.

Agree Strickland and Pinkard next jobs are big time lands for 4a-6a. I wonder if they let the superintendent pick another AD/HC if this one here don't work out? 

7 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Agree Strickland and Pinkard next jobs are big time lands for 4a-6a. I wonder if they let the superintendent pick another AD/HC if this one here don't work out? 

Sounds to me like not 1 but 8 people made this decision. It's gonna take more than two years to change the decision makers.

Well then we don't even have to play next season we lost and that's that. Good I have Friday night's open. Neece left for some reason the coach we should have kept was Alvarez but the good people of Kirbyville would not let that happen. I remember in the 80s before I played we sucked we came along and won in 86 then won a few years after that then sucked again politics in kirbyville stinks.

4 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

Sounds to me like not 1 but 8 people made this decision. It's gonna take more than two years to change the decision makers.

It all starts tomorrow, get out and vote. 

9 minutes ago, kirbywild said:

Well then we don't even have to play next season we lost and that's that. Good I have Friday night's open. Neece left for some reason the coach we should have kept was Alvarez but the good people of Kirbyville would not let that happen. I remember in the 80s before I played we sucked we came along and won in 86 then won a few years after that then sucked again politics in kirbyville stinks.

Alvarez was leaving for greener pastures no matter what. When you have a coach like Strickland come along and apply with 3 state titles as an assistant with Henderson and at Carthage ( who was mentored by Surratt) you don't let people like that leave the building without signing a contract. I was told money was a factor and I hope the decision was not based on that. What's 1 or 2 or 3 less coaches on Kirbyville's sideline to make up for that difference in money. Lord knows we got 20 coaches and 15 ball/water boys on the sideline each week. 

3 minutes ago, kirbywild said:

That was not the strickland wrong guy and pinkard did not impress either looking at the records

He was defensive coordinator at Henderson with 1 state championship and 2 in Carthage 1 in football and 1 in baseball. 

3 minutes ago, kirbywild said:

Not the head coach Neece was under Alvarez did that gets us to the big game negative I'm just saying you have to give the guy a chance cause he is the man I can what if all day long.

He's going to get his chance we will see what he does with it. I just think that the other 2 finalists were better options 

Might have been might not of been me I'm just glad it's over so something can start happening at least he was at one school for a long time so he might half way loyal not a year or two and gone . Then again he could come and hate it a leave. Who knows I just hope for the kids sake he is a great coach.