**STATE TOURNAMENT UPDATES**/Post here

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Thru 3 quarters, Santa Rosa is 1 of 27 three's and getting out rebounded 51-27

Just a terrible match up for SR

I know this wasn't what you meant, but I think most 3A schools who have to face a squad pulling talent from a major city are going to face a pretty terrible matchup.  I think of our local 3A schools, and the towns of a 1000-2000 (or less) people that they're in, with the tiny talent pools the draw from, and then I look at a school like Dallas Madison.  Santa Rosa had approximately 2700 people during the last census.  Dallas had 1.3 million.  and while Madison does not have the full run of the city when it comes to their talent, i think it's safe to say their talent pool is infinitely deeper than the schools they beat to get here.   It just doesn't set right with me for big city schools to play in 4A and 3A. 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I know this wasn't what you meant, but I think most 3A schools who have to face a squad pulling talent from a major city are going to face a pretty terrible matchup.  I think of our local 3A schools, and the towns of a 1000-2000 (or less) people that they're in, with the tiny talent pools the draw from, and then I look at a school like Dallas Madison.  Santa Rosa had approximately 2700 people during the last census.  Dallas had 1.3 million.  and while Madison does not have the full run of the city when it comes to their talent, i think it's safe to say their talent pool is infinitely deeper than the schools they beat to get here.   It just doesn't set right with me for big city schools to play in 4A and 3A. 

Sounds nice.  But...can you think of another way to group schools other than school enrollment?

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Sounds nice.  But...can you think of another way to group schools other than school enrollment?

One way to do it is consolidate some of the schools in a school district. I think you could merge two or three schools in Dallas and Houston ISD with hardly any problems.

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

2A Grapeland falls in this category too...... They are right in the midst of the DFW metro-area. 

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One way to do it is consolidate some of the schools in a school district. I think you could merge two or three schools in Dallas and Houston ISD with hardly any problems.

Definitely a possibility.  But you may run into an issue with some towns that may have more than 1 high school in the town.  How would it be fair to make Dallas ISD consolidate schools just because there would hardly be any problems...but maybe there are towns that have a 3A and 4A in the same town (example) that maybe could also consolidate with few issues.