republicans & trump just screwed 22,600 retired coal workers

Kountzer

18 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

"But there’s been silence from the White House as over 22,000 retired coal miners and the surviving family members of dead miners

This is the hidden content, please

They were just notified that both their retirement benefits and medical benefits would no longer be honored after 60 days."

Yep, that's as far as you read.

I saw a 60 Minutes segment on this. Those people voted for Trump because they thought he would come in and rescue them. It ain't happening!! Those mining jobs have been declining anyway because the demand isn't what it use to be.

Like any other politician, tell the people what you want them to hear, and vote for me!

23 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I saw a 60 Minutes segment on this. Those people voted for Trump because they thought he would come in and rescue them. It ain't happening!! Those mining jobs have been declining anyway because the demand isn't what it use to be.

Like any other politician, tell the people what you want them to hear, and vote for me!

Those people did not vote for Trump so he would "rescue" them. If they wanted to be rescued, they would have voted for Hillary, who promised them free money. They were actually insightful enough to realize the free money came with chains...chains that would relegate them to welfare and government dependency. They overwhelmingly voted for Trump to save their jobs, so they can be productive and not have to beg the government for money. Whether or not Trump reduces the regulations in order to make coal mining viable again is yet to be seen. At least there is still hope, unlike with the alternative candidate.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Those people did not vote for Trump so he would "rescue" them. If they wanted to be rescued, they would have voted for Hillary, who promised them free money. They were actually insightful enough to realize the free money came with chains...chains that would relegate them to welfare and government dependency. They overwhelmingly voted for Trump to save their jobs, so they can be productive and not have to beg the government for money. Whether or not Trump reduces the regulations in order to make coal mining viable again is yet to be seen. At least there is still hope, unlike with the alternative candidate.

Hmmm? Okay, maybe I should edit the parts for you to see that "rescue" and saving jobs are the same thing. You going off on your govt. independence now. Here is what is funny. I would not doubt that most of you on here are receiving or benefiting  from some sort of govt. assistance. But that's another topic.

3 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Hmmm? Okay, maybe I should edit the parts for you to see that "rescue" and saving jobs are the same thing. You going off on your govt. independence now. Here is what is funny. I would not doubt that most of you on here are receiving or benefiting  from some sort of govt. assistance. But that's another topic.

I'll go on the record...receiving 0, none nada gov assistance...how about you?

11 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Translation- getting some of their own money back

23 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I was unemployed for about six months during the 80s. Guess what, I found a job. I have been paying in for my whole life and people like me are who these programs are meant. Actually, unemployment insurance is paid by companies, so they are there to help the EMPLOYABLE. However, in answer to your question (something you never do) I needed ASSISTANCE, not a lifetime handout.

Did you not hear Hillary talk about putting coal miners out of business to get cleaner energy, which she later tried to clarify while lying through her teeth? YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO STANCE. If so, what is yours, except that you dont really care.

Do you consider Social Security as Govt assistance?  My chances of getting back all the money I put in are very very slim.   Medicare?  It's a law, so is it Govt assistance?  Plus I still pay.  Got a $5 raise in SS, and my Medicare went up $30.  Govt assistance?  After working for 52 years?  I don't think so.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So Hillary saying that she would give financial assistance to laid-off workers and Trump saying he would reduce regulatory burdens on the coal mining industry in order to save their jobs is somehow equivalent in your mind. That is astonishing and disheartening to know some cannot tell the difference. And if one cannot tell the difference, one sure cannot remotely fathom the consequences each has on our society. I'll give you a hint, one is beneficial and one is not. 

On 3/4/2017 at 9:32 AM, Kountzer said:

So let me get this straight... The coal miners union underfunded their pension and gave out money to workers that didn't earn it, and Republican Congress screwed them over?  

It seems to me that the UMWA screwed them over. 

30 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

So let me get this straight... The coal miners union underfunded their pension and gave out money to workers that didn't earn it, and Republican Congress screwed them over?  

It seems to me that the UMWA screwed them over. 

Check the source. Of course. What a joke.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:32 AM, Kountzer said:

"But there’s been silence from the White House as over 22,000 retired coal miners and the surviving family members of dead miners

They were just notified that both their retirement benefits and medical benefits would no longer be honored after 60 days."

I dont feel bad for them. A lot of coal miners voted for Trump. Be careful what you ask for. Words cant adequately describe that man.

6 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I dont feel bad for them. A lot of coal miners voted for Trump. Be careful what you ask for. Words cant adequately describe that man.

I have some compassion for them because they believed what they were promised. Didnt know trump was a snake oil salesman 

21 hours ago, Englebert said:

So Hillary saying that she would give financial assistance to laid-off workers and Trump saying he would reduce regulatory burdens on the coal mining industry in order to save their jobs is somehow equivalent in your mind. That is astonishing and disheartening to know some cannot tell the difference. And if one cannot tell the difference, one sure cannot remotely fathom the consequences each has on our society. I'll give you a hint, one is beneficial and one is not. 

So, are these regulatory burdens are in place from Trump?

So letters were sent on about this during the last administration. The problem was there and Obama did nothing about it. The article blames Trump for not fixing the problem in the two months he has been in office, but not once mentions Obama not attempting the fix it. 

Trump didn't strike the agreement in 1946, he didn't make the decisions in bankruptcy court that allowed for this, and he has been in office two months. More propaganda from the left to destroy Trump before he even gets going.