U of Mich Colored Activist Demand No Whites Allowed Space

Hagar

This, after the University just built a $10,000,000 Center for Blacks.  Begs the question, Who's the racist now?  Who's pushing segregation?  Demand, demand, demand.  What has caused the entitlement mentality of blacks in America?  Another question.  Do you think Obama is responsible for blacks demanding segregation?  Not exactly the vision Dr. King had.

This is the hidden content, please

What a joke!  The problem is, some idiot liberal will think this is a good idea and file a law suit that will make it happen.  Talk about racism and segregation at it's finest.  Is there a  $10,000,000 Center for Whites?  What about a $10,000,000 Center for Hispanics or Center for Asian's?  Should other races start demanding that there be a place for their race and only their race to gather to work on social issues?  This world is going to HELL because of idiots.  Someone please put a stop to this nonsense!!!

I rarely venture to this part of the forum. But after reading the link in the original post, I wonder why you simply agree with a right-leaning web site and go just off of what it says. Either way, do you really care about racism?

As for the "Center for Blacks", the Detroit Free Press has reported that the UofM is spending $10 million to build a multicultural center on campus, because the current multicultural center is not on campus, old, run-down and very hard to get to.

So multicultural center would infer that it is a center for whites, hispanics, Asians, etc and not just black people. Tell me where the Center for Blacks is that you were talking about.

21 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

I rarely venture to this part of the forum. But after reading the link in the original post, I wonder why you simply agree with a right-leaning web site and go just off of what it says. Either way, do you really care about racism?

As for the "Center for Blacks", the Detroit Free Press has reported that the UofM is spending $10 million to build a multicultural center on campus, because the current multicultural center is not on campus, old, run-down and very hard to get to.

So multicultural center would infer that it is a center for whites, hispanics, Asians, etc and not just black people. Tell me where the Center for Blacks is that you were talking about.

This is what I have a problem with:

In their demands, students explain why the new black student center is not enough, “because we want a space solely dedicated to community organizing and social justice work specifically for people of color.”

3 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

These yea hoos on here only follow breitbart, etc.

24 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

These yea hoos on here only follow breitbart, etc.

Can you name one of these "yea hoos"?

It's easy to profile and throw out unsubstantiated and ridiculous claims...you know, the exact thing the Left finds intolerable but uses as common practice. Since this tactic has been completely overused, most on here have become immune to such ridiculousness. But keep trying, you might find a pejorative that fulfills it's purpose of allowing you to deflect from the topic. 

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

Can you name one of these "yea hoos"?

It's easy to profile and throw out unsubstantiated and ridiculous claims...you know, the exact thing the Left finds intolerable but uses as common practice. Since this tactic has been completely overused, most on here have become immune to such ridiculousness. But keep trying, you might find a pejorative that fulfills it's purpose of allowing you to deflect from the topic. 

I prefer the term Yahoo.

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

emand, demand, demand.  What has caused the entitlement mentality of blacks in America?  Another question.  Do you think Obama is responsible for blacks

1 hour ago, baddog said:

It's easy to profile and throw out unsubstantiated and ridiculous claims..

Yes, it sure is

9 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

First, you're correct, the $10 million was spent on a multicultural center.  For that, I apologize.  

Now, I'd like to ask you why you ask, "do you really care about racism".  Are you implying you don't?  Yes, I do care.  I've seen it, therefore I'd rather it didn't raise its ugly head again, by any race.

I can tell you don't get on here much.  Yes, it's a right-leaning site.  And guess what, the liberals on here predominantly post from left-leaning sites, such as the Huffington post.  If you'll name a news site that you can guarantee is completely unbiased, I'll certainly be thrilled to check it out.  I watch CBS News every evening and I sit through 30 minutes of left-leaning news from them, and every liberal that post on here will admonish Fox for leaning right.  

The bottom line, IF that story of the people of color wanting a "no whites allowed place" is true, all Americans should be outraged.  Are do you disagree?

41 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not sure how you did that, but that is not my post, even though I agree Engelbert.

He alters post when he quotes.  I'm not sure, but I'd think that's against Forum rules.  It's okay to Bold print a particular part you're responding to, but I don't think you're suppose to alter post.  Could be wrong, but I'll check.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

First, you're correct, the $10 million was spent on a multicultural center.  For that, I apologize.  

Now, I'd like to ask you why you ask, "do you really care about racism".  Are you implying you don't?  Yes, I do care.  I've seen it, therefore I'd rather it didn't raise its ugly head again, by any race.

I can tell you don't get on here much.  Yes, it's a right-leaning site.  And guess what, the liberals on here predominantly post from left-leaning sites, such as the Huffington post.  If you'll name a news site that you can guarantee is completely unbiased, I'll certainly be thrilled to check it out.  I watch CBS News every evening and I sit through 30 minutes of left-leaning news from them, and every liberal that post on here will admonish Fox for leaning right.  

The bottom line, IF that story of the people of color wanting a "no whites allowed place" is true, all Americans should be outraged.  Are do you disagree?

My issue is that the web site that you linked to initially inaccurately called the multicultural center "the center for blacks" when they even linked to the article with the correct wording. Seems to me like that was done to specifically draw more ire to the subject than was already there.

And you're right, all Americans SHOULD be outraged. But we are back in a time where there are white nationalists going on national TV saying that "their race needs to be taken back" and so on. So everyone isn't outraged. There are some white folks who would like that segregation to take place again. I don't want it. But it's happening.

34 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

My issue is that the web site that you linked to initially inaccurately called the multicultural center "the center for blacks" when they even linked to the article with the correct wording. Seems to me like that was done to specifically draw more ire to the subject than was already there.

And you're right, all Americans SHOULD be outraged. But we are back in a time where there are white nationalists going on national TV saying that "their race needs to be taken back" and so on. So everyone isn't outraged. There are some white folks who would like that segregation to take place again. I don't want it. But it's happening.

You're absolutely right.  If we "all" followed Dr. King's dream of blacks & whites walking arm in arm, there'd be 10 or 15% of both races not in the march.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

I hear this tired old rhetoric on a daily basis...the majority of White people are racists. The same White people that passed Civil Rights legislation. The same White people that passed Affirmative Action legislation. The same White people that have spent trillions of dollars on minority programs and wealth redistribution. The same White people that elected thousands of minority government leaders and a Black president twice. If the majority of White people are racists, they sure are bad at it.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

You're absolutely right.  If we "all" followed Dr. King's dream of blacks & whites walking arm in arm, there'd be 10 or 15% of both races not in the march.

There will be no true harmony on this earth, racial or otherwise, until Christ comes back and burns this planet up, and creates a new one.  We can try, but it will never really happen.

I could pick out stuff on the internet to post and then comment on it.  That's easy.  That can be done ad nauseam.   I don't think anything positive is accomplished by it.   You're just commenting on symptoms.   There are crazy, misguided people in all walks of life and in every racial group.  Perhaps a few hang out on this msg board. 

Besides, most of these secular universities are jacked up spiritually anyway. 

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I could pick out stuff on the internet to post and then comment on it.  That's easy.  That can be done ad nauseam.   I don't think anything positive is accomplished by it.   You're just commenting on symptoms.   There are crazy, misguided people in all walks of life and in every racial group.  Perhaps a few hang out on this msg board. 

Besides, most of these secular universities are jacked up spiritually anyway. 

Very good post, If you are not part of the solution ,you are part of the problem.

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

I hear this tired old rhetoric on a daily basis...the majority of White people are racists. The same White people that passed Civil Rights legislation. The same White people that passed Affirmative Action legislation. The same White people that have spent trillions of dollars on minority programs and wealth redistribution. The same White people that elected thousands of minority government leaders and a Black president twice. If the majority of White people are racists, they sure are bad at it.

First, find where I specifically said that the "majority" of white people are racists. I said "some" and specifically mentioned white nationalists, which I know is not everyone. Also, all of those programs and legislations you say were passed are true, but those were fought for by minorities because simple things like civil rights didn't exist in the first place. White people didn't just volunteer for those things to happen otherwise they wouldn't have taken so long to occur.

As far as voting, that has not been solely one race voting for anyone for a long time (need I go back to the time where women and minorities couldn't vote at all in this country). So it wasn't just "white people" that elected those government leaders. Everyone did.

52 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

First, find where I specifically said that the "majority" of white people are racists. I said "some" and specifically mentioned white nationalists, which I know is not everyone. Also, all of those programs and legislations you say were passed are true, but those were fought for by minorities because simple things like civil rights didn't exist in the first place. White people didn't just volunteer for those things to happen otherwise they wouldn't have taken so long to occur.

As far as voting, that has not been solely one race voting for anyone for a long time (need I go back to the time where women and minorities couldn't vote at all in this country). So it wasn't just "white people" that elected those government leaders. Everyone did.

You said that a White nationalist movement is happening. If it was just a fringe element, there would be nothing to worry about. You have to get a large following in any movement to get things done. You believe a movement capable of change is occurring therefore you believe there is a large White nationalist movement. You don't have to specifically state something to get a point across.

And none of those programs would have ever come close to seeing the light of day if it wasn't for the very large support and active participation of White people. Same goes for minority elected officials. I never mentioned or even hinted that Black people did not fight for these things, but I will state emphatically that none would have occurred without a large or even majority support from White people. Frankly, it is a simple case of math.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

You said that a White nationalist movement is happening. If it was just a fringe element, there would be nothing to worry about. You have to get a large following in any movement to get things done. You believe a movement capable of change is occurring therefore you believe there is a large White nationalist movement. You don't have to specifically state something to get a point across.

And none of those programs would have ever come close to seeing the light of day if it wasn't for the very large support and active participation of White people. Same goes for minority elected officials. I never mentioned or even hinted that Black people did not fight for these things, but I will state emphatically that none would have occurred without a large or even majority support from White people. Frankly, it is a simple case of math.

Large =/= majority, but all right.

And white people are the ones who kept those rights from going to minorities in the first place. So yes you are right, it wouldn't have happened without white people. But it also existed in the first place because of white people. Thank you for giving our ancestors basic rights that they actually did not have initially.

29 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Large =/= majority, but all right.

And white people are the ones who kept those rights from going to minorities in the first place. So yes you are right, it wouldn't have happened without white people. But it also existed in the first place because of white people. Thank you for giving our ancestors basic rights that they actually did not have initially.

Do you feel that those rights are, somehow, in jeopardy?

Btw, the article mentioned black & colored students.  In an effort to shorten the title, I simply said "colored".  Someone told me "colored" was offensive (similar to the N word) to blacks.  I noticed no one has complained, but if it did offend anyone, my apologies, for I had no idea.  I certainly meant no disrespect.  Since the NAACP has it in their title, I thought it was acceptable, but of course, that organization doesn't speak for all blacks (just like the AARP doesn't speak for all retired people).  So again, no disrespect, or offense was intended.

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Do you feel that those rights are, somehow, in jeopardy?

According to his post he does:

12 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

No ambiguity there. Now let's see if he will back up that contention. Like I stated earlier, for that to be happening, logic dictates you would have to have a large, probably (almost definitely) majority of White people in consensus. Recent history emphatically disproves this notion, but the racist stereotype still resides inside some people's minds.

There's no stereotype. It's a reality. If you think it is merely a stereotype then that's a whole different issue. The biggest thing that seems to be at dispute here is I said "some" and you have somehow jumped into my mind and morphed it through your logic to say "majority". You realize that the possible minority (white nationalists, neo-nazis, alt-right, etc) of a majority (all of white people) is still a pretty large amount right?

And to stevenash, do you feel that our rights are not in jeopardy? Like everything is good and we should just sit back unconcerned? I may not feel my rights in jeopardy right now, this very second but that doesn't make everything all good.