Silsbee 103 West Orange-Stark 78/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee freshman guard Braelon Bush had 29 points tonight.

Also just saw video of Kalon's dunk. He took a body with him.

Bush played like a seasoned vet tonight. Him and Harris took on a pretty big scoring load. That Barnes dunk was the best dunk I've seen in person this year by a player not named Vanderbilt or Flagg

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee freshman guard Braelon Bush had 29 points tonight.

Also just saw video of Kalon's dunk. He took a body with him.

When it was suggested that a WOS guard was going to feast without Devon and Jordyn on the floor, someone predicted Bush might be the best player on the floor tonight ;)

I have to say hats off tonight all the way around.  The WOS school district did a great job gearing up for what "could have happened."  React security and hospitality.  And hats off to the mustangs for a well played game.  They came out and fought hard and gave my Tigers a very good game.  Glad to see one like that going into the playoffs. They were dominating the boards and shooting lights out until they began to tire.

Now as for my Tigers tonight,  I am really proud of the way they came out and handled all the adversity they have faced this week. It was great to see Michale remove his warmup jacket and see that number 3.  Then they came out and faced a battle without 2 of their best players.  Withstood WOS early play and handled themselves very well on the court.  I saw players walk away when they needed to, and no there was nothing different than you see in any game, but 1 or 2 moments that could have had created a different reaction. Good win guys.

it was a fun atmosphere tonight and a fun game to watch.  Fans going back and forth across the court.  Our fans chanting number 1 and some of theirs pointing to their rings.  But correct me if I am wrong,  we both have the same number of rings after all this is basketball! :)

The only thing I sawwas one man holding up his phone with a look like he was trying to catch something bad happening after Barnes dunk. The only thing I saw was a celebration like I have seen on virtually any big dunk video at a high school game.  I being almost 50 years old might not cater to as much celebration but dont see anything wrong with getting a little pumped over a big dunk like that.  

Keep playing hard guys.  Fix some of our weaknesses tonight  and reach that goal!

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

When it was suggested that a WOS guard was going to feast without Devon and Jordyn on the floor, someone predicted Bush might be the best player on the floor tonight ;)

I wonder who said that?

"I still believe you have to look at the X factor which is BUSH.

Look back at some of the scores he put up against 6A opponents.

If Bush is hitting shots than I don't see how heavenly gifted WOS will win."

Crazy thing is think about McCain, Adams & Bush further improving there game in the off-season & Barnes getting more athletic. Then you still have 4-6 Tigers you can plug into the 5th spot or rotate in & out. Tigers will not be as deep next year but the starting 5 can get even more frightening for these district foes. 

2 hours ago, Tiger05 said:

I wonder who said that?

"I still believe you have to look at the X factor which is BUSH.

Look back at some of the scores he put up against 6A opponents.

If Bush is hitting shots than I don't see how heavenly gifted WOS will win."

Crazy thing is think about McCain, Adams & Bush further improving there game in the off-season & Barnes getting more athletic. Then you still have 4-6 Tigers you can plug into the 5th spot or rotate in & out. Tigers will not be as deep next year but the starting 5 can get even more frightening for these district foes. 

I was talking about this one:

"I agree with just about everything in this post.  I really believe both sides will be on their best behavior.  As far as the last sentence, that will be an interesting matchup for sure.  But don't be surprised if Bush is the best player on the floor on Friday ;).  That little joker can go. "

40 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was talking about this one:

"I agree with just about everything in this post.  I really believe both sides will be on their best behavior.  As far as the last sentence, that will be an interesting matchup for sure.  But don't be surprised if Bush is the best player on the floor on Friday ;).  That little joker can go. "

Both good quotes