HBO Documentary: "Class Divide"

Remmus

Anyone see a fairly recent documentary called "Class Divide"?  Very, very interesting.  Shows how rich and poor liberals in the same neighborhood deal with the fruits of Capitalism (or lack of fruit).  

A conservative hero emerges in the documentary, a young man named Danny that lives in the projects.  This housing project is surrounded by million dollar homes (New York City).  

His words: "My mentor always told me it's okay and it's not your fault if you're born poor, but it is your fault if you die poor.  Me coming from here, I didn't know that.  I didn't understand that.  I was a democrat, then when I was presented the opportunity to become an entrepreneur ...everything is self-performance ...you know, that's what America is.  If you want something bad enough you'll get it ...you know, I love that.  I love that now, but I changed my whole mentality and now I'm a republican.  I know, it's crazy. [friends sitting with him are shocked, laugh]  If I can give you a dollar or I can give an opportunity which one are you going to take?  And most people as a democrat they'd rather take the dollar than the opportunity."

He had a brief rant after that.  He wants to be a self-made millionaire by 27.