New Years Resolutions for Progressives

Hagar

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

LEFTY LIES!!! LMAO!  Limbaugh does what he does and spreading truth is not first on the list.  I'm not saying I disagree with everything he says.

I've never listened to Rush. I hear Liberals calling him a liar on many occasions but have never seen credible proof of these lies. My comment was entirely about Politifact. They are nowhere near a credible source and I have personally read quite a few lies and truth stretches on that site. I would trust anything on that site as far as I could throw it with both hands tied behind my back.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Yes, ALTERING the tape.  If you are unaware of that circumstance, you are considerably less "enlightened" than you purport to be.  I don't care what Trayvon was doing or whether or not he was "just out having a few skittles"  The media overtly misrepresented the tape so as to influence public opinion and that ought to trouble someone who is searching for the truth.

Oh come one.  ONE issue and I'm now diminished.  Extreme, extreme.  It's in the DNA of conservatives...lol.

You don't care what Travon was doing?  Really?  I don't like "the evil liberal media" swaying public opinion but is it not a fact that Zimmerman left the safety of his home after being told to stand down and wait for the police and then gets into an altercation that results in a dead kid.  I don't care if Travon slapped Zimmerman for violating his rights, Zimmerman put himself in harms way and then kills someone.

7 minutes ago, Remmus said:

LEFTY LIES!!! LMAO!  Limbaugh does what he does and spreading truth is not first on the list.  I'm not saying I disagree with everything he says.

Wow- Then you must have been REALLY ENRAGED when Mr. Obama declared "if you like your healthcare plan/doctor, you can keep them".  And you must have totally BLOWN A GASKET when Hillary and Susan Rice asserted that the Benghazi incident was the result of a video.  And, of course to say that Mr. Bush raising the debt is irresponsible and unpatriotic before you raise it yourself more than anyone ever did, is a "special" kind of dishonesty that should have sent your blood pressure spiraling.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Wow- Then you must have been REALLY ENRAGED when Mr. Obama declared "if you like your healthcare plan/doctor, you can keep them".  And you must have totally BLOWN A GASKET when Hillary and Susan Rice asserted that the Benghazi incident was the result of a video.  And, of course to say that Mr. Bush raising the debt is irresponsible and unpatriotic before you raise it yourself more than anyone ever did, is a "special" kind of dishonesty that should have sent your blood pressure spiraling.

No bother, this administration could get away with anything they said, knowing when they said it that they were lying through their teeth.

We needed to do something about the healthcare system in this country and putting our arses in the hands of private sector health care is a proven bad idea.  As for Benghazi that -ish was used a a political football to put more dirt on Hillary.  Conservatives ate it up like it was the Iran Contra Deal.  I don't for a second profess that President Obama hasn't made any boneheaded statements/assertions.  Conservatives just clamp down on one thing and hold it like pitbull.

I'm a centrist and I have liberal and conservative beliefs.  

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

No bother, this administration could get away with anything they said, knowing when they said it that they were lying through their teeth.

WHAT?  Dude ...come on buddy.  This "lie" was based on the intelligence of the moment.  Benghazi was not the holocaust.  This one goes up there with using a personal server.  It was stupid and questionable but not same as lying about weapons of mass destruction to start a war.  Oh nooooo, I said it!  I better run.

23 minutes ago, Remmus said:

We needed to do something about the healthcare system in this country and putting our arses in the hands of private sector health care is a proven bad idea.  As for Benghazi that -ish was used a a political football to put more dirt on Hillary.  Conservatives ate it up like it was the Iran Contra Deal.  I don't for a second profess that President Obama hasn't made any boneheaded statements/assertions.  Conservatives just clamp down on one thing and hold it like pitbull.

Your true colors are beginning to show.  What Mr. Obama said regarding healthcare was considerably more than boneheaded, it was an intentional lie and obvious to most, except for the fully dedicated/indoctrinated lefties that believe that, since the cause is so 'noble" the end justifies the means. By the way, you obviously believe that the government is better at running businesses than the private sector.  Viva Solyndra and the U.S. Postal service.

41 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Your true colors are beginning to show.  What Mr. Obama said regarding healthcare was considerably more than boneheaded, it was an intentional lie and obvious to most, except for the fully dedicated/indoctrinated lefties that believe that, since the cause is so 'noble" the end justifies the means. By the way, you obviously believe that the government is better at running businesses than the private sector.  Viva Solyndra and the U.S. Postal service.

You're putting words in my mouth. I said I believe the private sector shouldn't run health care.  I don't want anyone with a profit motive making decisions to approve care.

Is the goal here to label me as one of these crazy stupid liberals?  I've agreed with many of the beliefs/ideology presented in this forum.  I'm just open minded enough to look at both sides of the isle. I'm critical of both sides.  I truly believe conservatives were overly critical of Obama and liberals were overly critical of Bush.  Both stooped to down right mean attacks.

How can one be a centrist when their entire debate/argument is with all the conservatives on this board? The fact is that you should be considered a lefty, which I have no problem with, just don't see the center. Throwing out the phrase "both sides are guilty" every now and then does not a centrist make. You started out well, but when we go to rehashing Zimmerman, Michael Brown, gun control, and I see your stance, it is way off center. Sorry, just my take.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

How can one be a centrist when their entire debate/argument is with all the conservatives on this board? The fact is that you should be considered a lefty, which I have no problem with, just don't see the center. Throwing out the phrase "both sides are guilty" every now and then does not a centrist make. You started out well, but when we go to rehashing Zimmerman, Michael Brown, gun control, and I see your stance, it is way off center. Sorry, just my take.

8 hours ago, Remmus said:

You're putting words in my mouth. I said I believe the private sector shouldn't run health care.  I don't want anyone with a profit motive making decisions to approve care.

Is the goal here to label me as one of these crazy stupid liberals?  I've agreed with many of the beliefs/ideology presented in this forum.  I'm just open minded enough to look at both sides of the isle. I'm critical of both sides.  I truly believe conservatives were overly critical of Obama and liberals were overly critical of Bush.  Both stooped to down right mean attacks.

All of your healthcare for all of your life has had a profit motive involved in it.

11 hours ago, Remmus said:

Bengazi- that -ish was used as a political football to put more dirt on Hillary?  My apologies, but I don't quite understand.  Are you saying the lie she and Obama produced about a film causing all this didn't happen, or that it's irrelevant?  Since you're obviously concerned about Trayvons death, I'd think you'd be concerned about the men killed at Bengazi and our Govt lying about it, and failing to send in help (even had it arrived to late).

And why do you think they blamed it on a film?  Personally, I think they did it due to Obama not wanting to portray Muslims as murdering terrorist.  His reluctance to use the words, Muslim Terrorist, speaks volumes.  And labeling the Ft. Hood massacre "Workplace Violence" was enough proof to have a jury back in the courtroom in record time, with a guilty verdict.  But seriously, why do you think they blamed it on a film?  I may not agree, but I'd like to hear what a centrist thinks.  And to be honest, there's only one Democrat (and he won't be back on until after basketball season), and a few liberals) on the Forum, so our ability to get any insight into how the other side thinks is very limited.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

These are social issues and I lean liberal.  If we talk fiscal I'll lean conservative.  I'm not going to tow the hard line the staunch conservative holds.  I see this group too hard right on issues like health care, guns, and so on.  So if I disagree with some of your views, that doesn't throw me into the Lefty pile.  Some of you are drinking hard from the conservative tank and that can cloud your judgement just as much as someone drinking up all the liberal lines.  Just my take.

15 minutes ago, Remmus said:

These are social issues and I lean liberal.  If we talk fiscal I'll lean conservative.  I'm not going to tow the hard line the staunch conservative holds.  I see this group too hard right on issues like health care, guns, and so on.  So if I disagree with some of your views, that doesn't throw me into the Lefty pile.  Some of you are drinking hard from the conservative tank and that can cloud your judgement just as much as someone drinking up all the liberal lines.  Just my take.

I tow no line. I speak from my heart. No one is perfect and neither is any ideology. I have conservative thoughts basically because they fall in line with how old truly feel.

Healthcare is a huge issue and mine was fine until Obamacare came along. I don't like paying people's way who are able bodied but just refuse to work. That's a tough one for me, especially when some of the funds are stolen from medicare and social security, paid in by hard working people who expect that money to be around for their golden years. I could go one but those are huge.

Here is one I have a problem with that no one cares to answer....What should be done to the Clintons for flying the Lolita to Orgy Island to have sex with minors? Just the thought of them remotely considering doing such things make me sick. What say ye?

36 minutes ago, Remmus said:

So you tell me how your liberal view on healthcare is fiscally conservative...I mean, someone has to pay for your liberal view on healthcare, right?

3 hours ago, 77 said:

So you say the thug had a right to be outside on the sidewalk but the home owner didn't ? Yes thats logical!

the thug?  Come on man.  The sentence for walking with a hoodie and skittles is not death at the hand of a civilian.  And we know Zimmerman confronted the kid...and Zimmerman was the only one with a gun.  Do you think Zimmerman would have been better off following the instructions he was given?  

3 hours ago, Remmus said:

You are so far left you can't even see the middle, which is painfully obvious to everyone on the board. It is crystal clear who has the clouded judgement.

14 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You are so far left you can't even see the middle, which is painfully obvious to everyone on the board. It is crystal clear who has the clouded judgement.

Well the liberals say I'm too far right and acting like a hillbilly.  Do you speak for everyone on this board?  

Do you want a forum where everyone agrees with the same thinking and never challenges each other (especially for fear of being labeled a dreaded liberal)?  That scenario amounts to one big conservative dry hump session.  If this really isn't a political forum but actually a conservative think tank, let me know.  You fellers can get back to massaging each other with Fox News headlines.  I've "met" some really great posters here that were willing to exchange ideas without labeling.  

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Well the liberals say I'm too far right and acting like a hillbilly.  Do you speak for everyone on this board?  

Do you want a forum where everyone agrees with the same thinking and never challenges each other (especially for fear of being labeled a dreaded liberal)?  That scenario amounts to one big conservative dry hump session.  If this really isn't a political forum but actually a conservative think tank, let me know.  You fellers can get back to massaging each other with Fox News headlines.  I've "met" some really great posters here that were willing to exchange ideas without labeling.  

Very revealing.

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I'm all far exchanging ideas. It gets laughable when someone repeatedly states "I'm a centrist", then spouts all of the Lefty talking points. You are the one that is labelling yourself, and quite inaccurately. I'm just stating the obvious. Sounds like you are preparing your farewell speech.