New Years Resolutions for Progressives

Hagar

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Another lefty move...this is killing them.

I though this idiot was moving.

This is the hidden content, please

And many on the Left still try to claim Obama was treated harshly. Obama has been and still is the most coddled president in American history. Trump hasn't even taken office and has already endured more crass and pathetic treatment than any other president in American history. Unlike Man-Made Global Warming, this is indisputable.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:03 AM, REBgp said:

Good read.

Some good points in there but it gets lost in all the Fox-News-speak that sounds more like the one-sided ravings of Rush Limbaugh.  Some of what is listed there were the concoctions of the Republicans seeking to win elections and not based in truth.  Don't drink all the kool-aid and lose your ability to be analytical.

2 hours ago, Remmus said:

Some good points in there but it gets lost in all the Fox-News-speak that sounds more like the one-sided ravings of Rush Limbaugh.  Some of what is listed there were the concoctions of the Republicans seeking to win elections and not based in truth.  Don't drink all the kool-aid and lose your ability to be analytical.

Lol, I'm a milk drinker (last of a dying breed).  You gotta loosen up.  It's just humor, and directed at Progressive Democrats, and not a fine Progressive Republican like yourself. :) 

12 hours ago, Remmus said:

lol...there it is.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol...there it is.

Hey...that's real.  I admire Rush for speaking up for a lot of Americans ...and also for not being PC, but he gets too far off the rails for me.  To be taken seriously, he has to objectively look at an issue from both sides.  How serious can we take Rachel Maddow?  She's the Limbaugh for the other side.

28 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Hey...that's real.  I admire Rush for speaking up for a lot of Americans ...and also for not being PC, but he gets too far off the rails for me.  To be taken seriously, he has to objectively look at an issue from both sides.  How serious can we take Rachel Maddow?  She's the Limbaugh for the other side.

Several on here talk about how Rush "gets too far off the rails" but never seem to provide any evidence.

Rush is as rough on RINOs as he is on liberals...you sure can't say the same about Maddow.

Maybe you can finally be the one to provide some example of Rush's lack of objectivity.

He is very good at discerning liberal nonsense...that's usually what grinds on the left, but I'm open to any off the rail examples someone can provide.

Having said all this, the best way to debate is not to start with the FoxNews / Limbaugh argument that you must simply be regurgitating talking points from these folks, so your argument is invalid.

Debate the point, not where you think someone heard it from.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Several on here talk about how Rush "gets too far off the rails" but never seem to provide any evidence.

Rush is as rough on RINOs as he is on liberals...you sure can't say the same about Maddow.

Maybe you can finally be the one to provide some example of Rush's lack of objectivity.

He is very good at discerning liberal nonsense...that's usually what grinds on the left, but I'm open to any off the rail examples someone can provide.

Having said all this, the best way to debate is not to start with the FoxNews / Limbaugh argument that you must simply be regurgitating talking points from these folks, so your argument is invalid.

Debate the point, not where you think someone heard it from.

The problem with your prospective is you immediately rule out well known and documented points made by the Left.

I listened to Rush for some time.  My brother, there's just too much evidence to share in this forum.  I agree that we need to substantiate claims, but Rush is a guy that pretty much makes the argument (like Fox News).

Will agree that Rush slams Repubs when they get away from ideology and Maddow seldom goes there.  There was a guy that used have a radio talk show that was broadcast in our market.  His show went off the air back in '06 or '07.  He was a conservative guy.  I listened to him daily and just can't remember his name.  This guy was more analytical and objective ...especially when compared to Rush.  Rush was in his shock jock mode and fishing for ratings.

7 hours ago, Remmus said:

The problem with your prospective is you immediately rule out well known and documented points made by the Left.

I listened to Rush for some time.  My brother, there's just too much evidence to share in this forum.  I agree that we need to substantiate claims, but Rush is a guy that pretty much makes the argument (like Fox News).

Will agree that Rush slams Repubs when they get away from ideology and Maddow seldom goes there.  There was a guy that used have a radio talk show that was broadcast in our market.  His show went off the air back in '06 or '07.  He was a conservative guy.  I listened to him daily and just can't remember his name.  This guy was more analytical and objective ...especially when compared to Rush.  Rush was in his shock jock mode and fishing for ratings.

Lots of room on this forum...go for it.

And what are these well known documented points that I rule out?

9 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Then these three statements are representative of most of what Mr. Limbaugh has to say and therefore, none of his thoughts/comments are to be believed/accepted?  Did you have any problem with NBC altering the George Zimmerman tape or most of the major media outlets solidly promoting the notion that Michael Brown said "hands up don't shoot"?

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Then these three statements are representative of most of what Mr. Limbaugh has to say and therefore, none of his thoughts/comments are to be believed/accepted?  Did you have any problem with NBC altering the George Zimmerman tape or most of the major media outlets solidly promoting the notion that Michael Brown said "hands up don't shoot"?

Altering ...say what?  

Zimmerman sorta proved who he is.  That guy was wrong as two left shoes running outside playing cop and killing a kid.  If Travon was breaking in his house and creating a threat, protect yourself and family.  If Travon was waiving a gun or sticking up someone...I can see self defense.

You don't think all these unarmed people being shot is a new thing, do ya?  We just have camera phones now.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

A well known point is that Politifact plays fast and loose with the truth when evaluating who plays fast and loose with the truth.

LEFTY LIES!!! LMAO!  Limbaugh does what he does and spreading truth is not first on the list.  I'm not saying I disagree with everything he says.

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Altering ...say what?  

Zimmerman sorta proved who he is.  That guy was wrong as two left shoes running outside playing cop and killing a kid.  If Travon was breaking in his house and creating a threat, protect yourself and family.  If Travon was waiving a gun or sticking up someone...I can see self defense.

You don't think all these unarmed people being shot is a new thing, do ya?  We just have camera phones now.

Yes, ALTERING the tape.  If you are unaware of that circumstance, you are considerably less "enlightened" than you purport to be.  I don't care what Trayvon was doing or whether or not he was "just out having a few skittles"  The media overtly misrepresented the tape so as to influence public opinion and that ought to trouble someone who is searching for the truth.

4 minutes ago, Remmus said:

LEFTY LIES!!! LMAO!  Limbaugh does what he does and spreading truth is not first on the list.  I'm not saying I disagree with everything he says.

Then I would expect better examples than you provided...should be thousands out there after so many years.

The fact is that there are not...and your assertion is false.