4A #2 ☆SILSBEE☆ VS 3A #2 LaMarque

Who That

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Okay, if you're in a tournament, pool play.  Your team, (hightower) plays at 9am then again at 430pm. The other two schools play at 9am and at 130pm (baytown sterling), or at 130pm at 430pm (Silsbee).  Is that a coincidence?  No. If you say it is you haven't been playing attention.  Fatigue is or was a factor.  Maybe not a big factor but it provides a little edge nonetheless.   They've been doing that kinda stuff in tournaments for years.

Also, I understand these are 16 & 17 year olds, who play aau all summer.  Still they can get tired in a game.  That's been Coach Sigler's mo all the time.  He played it almost to perfection last year, all the way to the state final game, where they have never been before.   Do you think Silsbee has beaten all these teams on talent alone?  Nah.  The tigers have talent, no doubt.  It is their bench, and subbing in 5 at a time, taking the other teams legs out, which facilitated those wins.  In other words fatigue.   Sigler ain't running the press, as soon as they get off the bus, just because that's all he knows.  If he had a 6'9 230 lb post, like that kid at Alief Taylor, I am sure Coach would mix in a few more half court sets, etc.  That's not the kind of teams he has or gets on a year in year out basis.  He mostly has relatively short teams that are full of runners.  So he runs the other team until they get tired.  it is that simple.  This is not rocket science.

We know it's not rocket science.  We know fatigue happens in basketball.  I think what many of us found funny were the ones complaining about the games being too close together when you are as deep as Silsbee is, playing a pretty weak team for that tournament.

You lost by a bucket.  You missed 197 free throws.  Maybe the legs might just have been fresh enough to make four or 5 of all those misses...

Silsbee is a weak ft shooting team. They're streaky from the outside in general.   If they hit their free throws they would of won all three games they have lost.  They probably would of beat D Lincoln in SA as well.  But what can you do?  As a fan all you can do is sit back, watch the season unfold, and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

We know it's not rocket science.  We know fatigue happens in basketball.  I think what many of us found funny were the ones complaining about the games being too close together when you are as deep as Silsbee is, playing a pretty weak team for that tournament.

You lost by a bucket.  You missed 197 free throws.  Maybe the legs might just have been fresh enough to make four or 5 of all those misses...

Yes what if what if what if,  what if the Tigers had played early that morning and Hightower would have played with an hour and a half rest.......the point isn't what could have been done by the Tigers.....yes they could have won......the point is things should have been as equal as possible in the tournament layout for all involved. Granted with a 3 team group they couldn't have played at the same time but they could have played a lot closer together. 

Good grief...  First, the fix was in with the tough bracket...  then 2 games within an hour and a half of each other, then missed free throws...  now a long  bus right and fatigue...  

I see the whining goes on equally as much in the basketball season as much as it did in the football season in Smoketown, Tx.

All in all, Silsbee will be fine.  they'll win their district easily, and they'll make it back to the state title game...

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Okay, if you're in a tournament, pool play.  Your team, (hightower) plays at 9am then again at 430pm. The other two schools play at 9am and at 130pm (baytown sterling), or at 130pm at 430pm (Silsbee).  Is that a coincidence?  No. If you say it is you haven't been playing attention.  Fatigue is or was a factor.  Maybe not a big factor but it provides a little edge nonetheless.   They've been doing that kinda stuff in tournaments for years.

Also, I understand these are 16 & 17 year olds, who play aau all summer.  Still they can get tired in a game.  That's been Coach Sigler's mo all the time.  He played it almost to perfection last year, all the way to the state final game, where they have never been before.   Do you think Silsbee has beaten all these teams on talent alone?  Nah.  The tigers have talent, no doubt.  It is their bench, and subbing in 5 at a time, taking the other teams legs out, which facilitated those wins.  In other words fatigue.   Sigler ain't running the press, as soon as they get off the bus, just because that's all he knows.  If he had a 6'9 230 lb post, like that kid at Alief Taylor, I am sure Coach would mix in a few more half court sets, etc.  That's not the kind of teams he has or gets on a year in year out basis.  He mostly has relatively short teams that are full of runners.  So he runs the other team until they get tired.  it is that simple.  This is not rocket science.

I misunderstood your post about fatigue setting in. Tiger85 made this comment earlier..."Late game last night, earlier game today with a long buss ride. I'm guessing the Tiger legs have not caught up with them yet. Tigers have played a lot of hard basketball games these last few weeks. Should pull away in second half. TigerNation!!!"....and when you made the comment "Looks like fatigue setting in"....I thought you were making light of it because Silsbee was rolling. In short, I was saying that Silsbee doesnt get fatigued lol. 

22 minutes ago, winwin said:

I misunderstood your post about fatigue setting in. Tiger85 made this comment earlier..."Late game last night, earlier game today with a long buss ride. I'm guessing the Tiger legs have not caught up with them yet. Tigers have played a lot of hard basketball games these last few weeks. Should pull away in second half. TigerNation!!!"....and when you made the comment "Looks like fatigue setting in"....I thought you were making light of it because Silsbee was rolling. In short, I was saying that Silsbee doesnt get fatigued lol. 

We cool.

See people still missing the point at least from my perspective.  Sure this is the time of years for a lot of games.  I for one am not going to worry or complain about the schedule.  We need these tests.  But I do believe schools set up tournaments to favor "their" schools.  Now you may draw the tough teams first, you do still have to beat them to win.  Still doednt make sense to match up 2 of the top teams in the tourney in the first round.  To me you want those matchups later on.  The time issue also a setup when only one of those local schools play such a tight schedule it's pretty obvious that those schools were put in the best position to win.  My whole point is that the tourneys should be set up as equal as they can. Sure we can still win in these circumstances but it definitely puts the other team in the best setup for the win.  

44 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Good grief...  First, the fix was in with the tough bracket...  then 2 games within an hour and a half of each other, then missed free throws...  now a long  bus right and fatigue...  

I see the whining goes on equally as much in the basketball season as much as it did in the football season in Smoketown, Tx.

All in all, Silsbee will be fine.  they'll win their district easily, and they'll make it back to the state title game...

Missed free throws is a concern, but like I said what can you do about it?  If they can't shoot em (fts) by now you pretty much have to live with that.  All the rest is msg board yadda yadda.  Makes for good discussion.  I'm sure Coach Sigler is allocated a certain budget for this season.  Is it a fair allocation? Who knows?  Not going there.  I'm sure he would of bust out the credit card for hotel rooms if he could.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, BADSANTA said:

I have watched 5 Silsbee games this year. I like the way the share the ball.

Silsbee is starting to look better it takes time to assemble a good team like this to get guys to know their roles. Then you have to remember you have 3 varsity players that had to adapt to the system 2 from football and one being a freshmen and you starting to see how they playing more together they just have to play defense and rebound better each game and they will be hard to beat.

18 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Looks like another tough opponent for the Tigers. They shouldn't see the type of teams they are playing until late in the playoffs, and they will be well prepared. Like the schedule, but ready for a few home games. 

Yes it will be another good test. Sigler has done a great job making the kids mentally tough with this hard schedule.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I'll have to look up where that school is.  I've forgotten.  Silsbee played & won a playoff game there five years or so ago.  The opponent was Bryan Rudder I think, or a Lufkin school.  That was the only game I got to see DC Stallworth play.

And the gym had mood lighting I believe!!! Very poorly lit.