4A #2 ☆SILSBEE☆ VS 3A #2 LaMarque

Who That

On 12/18/2016 at 6:37 PM, winwin said:

I laugh everytime someone says long bus trips or back to back games. These boys can flat out go. 

I was leaving the TSU gym after the Silsbee v  HC game & the Episcopal HS team was getting on a luxurious chartered bus, & they're right in Houston.

13 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I was leaving the TSU gym after the Silsbee v  HC game & the Episcopal HS team was getting on a luxurious chartered bus, & they're right in Houston.

It's all relative.  I would venture to say Silsbee probably has double the basketball budget of any other team in the district.   Maybe even more.  

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's not saying much, considering who is in the district.

True, true.  Just saying though.   And in all fairness from what I'm told, this is not just basketball.  Even in academic endeavors (such as UIL, one act play, etc.), and even in its facilities, Silsbee ISD tends to invest more in its kids than its district mates...

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

True, true.  Just saying though.   And in all fairness from what I'm told, this is not just basketball.  Even in academic endeavors (such as UIL, one act play, etc.), and even in its facilities, Silsbee ISD tends to invest more in its kids than its district mates...

My taxes tend to agree with you.

Aight, Aight I don't know why I swerved over into school allocations & stuff.  I should of stayed in my lane. I left Silsbee at 19 for the US Coast Guard.  I've basically been a visitor ever since.  I never really got to participate in local politics.  When I left MLK was frensenius road.  I've heard stories, but it is not the same as having real skin in the game.  The basketball team usually goes the deepest in the playoffs than any other team sport.  I'm sure that is taken into consideration when funding and budgets are discussed.

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Aight, Aight I don't know why I swerved over into school allocations & stuff.  I should of stayed in my lane. I left Silsbee at 19 for the US Coast Guard.  I've basically been a visitor ever since.  I never really got to participate in local politics.  When I left MLK was frensenius road.  I've heard stories, but it is not the same as having real skin in the game.  The basketball team usually goes the deepest in the playoffs than any other team sport.  I'm sure that is taken into consideration when funding and budgets are discussed.

Why aren't you Silsbeer? :)

3 hours ago, winwin said:

Why aren't you Silsbeer? :)

I don't know.  I should change it.  I thought of the name kountzer long time ago.  It has sort of become an alter identity.  I have a email address with that name that is old.  I was born in Kountze.   Kountze has gone out & won 3 or 4 basketball championships in my lifetime.  I have always respected that.  So I stuck a 'r' on the end of kountze and became kountzer.   it has an esoteric quality to it.  People from other parts call it countzer. 

You know how contrary peeps can be.  Back in the day  me & the guys on the streets of Silsbee were always praising the Kountze Lions b ballers because they got it done.  The ole 'the grass is always greener' syndrome.

Don't get it twisted though, anymore than it already is.  Silsbee is all I know.  My Silsbee roots are deep.

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I take that back.  i am paying taxes on some old family land & property.  So I do have a little skin in the game.