Hillary Clinton won the popular vote!!

undiscovered

50 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

To overturn the EC would be to overturn the entire way and reason the country was formed as it was. 

Bear in mind this year when it was down to the wire Tuesday night they were saying correctly that New Hampshire might be the state that puts one side or the other over the top. To do away with EC makes NH irrelevant. Do you tell several entire states, sorry but you can never overcome the four big states so no need to vote? 

This country was set up as almost completely independent nations or states. Each was to have its own say on how they divide up their votes and so but the biggest state and the smallest state had the same power in Congress and have a chance to swing a presidential election. 

That is why we have legal marijuana in one state and not in another. That is why some states have the death sentence and others do not. That is why some states have a referendum process for the people to pass laws around the legislature (I think CA is an example) and others (like TX) do not. That is why we have the 10th Amendment. 

If a state does not like all of their votes going to a single person, that state can vote to allocate their EC votes as do two states. 

There's no reason those several states should be MORE relevant in today's system than the big four.  That being said, if you make every individual vote count to the total, all states become irrelevant, as they should in the process of electing a president.  The president should be picked by all voting citizens of the country, rather than the handful of swing states. 

35 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

As has already been stated, if you win 3 baseball games 10-0 but lose 4 of them 1-0, you outscored your opponent at a devastating 30-4 pace....... but you lose the World Series.

I agree on wishes that they matched up but to worry about the EC is to do away with the founding of the nation.

Since this country was laid out by states' rights, lets just count the number of winning states regardless of size. Each state will then have equal representation.

Trump wins 30-20. :) 

this is truly unfair.  it dilutes the individual voter's vote even further.  80,000 conservatives in Montana should not be able to cancel out 4,000,000 libs in California (I made those numbers up, but you get the point), just as the reverse that the district of Columbia  should not cancel out the millions of conservatives in texas

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

You quoted me and said "you guys". 

I have never said that and have made comments (usually in other forums) that it is stupid to say that a person isn't your president. You might hate him (or some time in the future, her) and say almost anything to support that hate other than a threat. The person is still "your" president. You can't opt out unless you wish to relinquish your citizenship and move to another country out of his control.

You might not agree with my comments but your broad brush is incorrect in his case. 

You are correct

31 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Trust me, Big Girl, whether you will admit it in the future, you will be better off!  And if that embarrass you... 

I hope so. I doing very well right now. If it gets better great. I hope we are still standing. I read a recent CNN article that said Hilliary is expected to win the popular  vote ,as there are votes still being counted in California. Where is the info that Trump is expected to win?

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

There's no reason those several states should be MORE relevant in today's system than the big four.  That being said, if you make every individual vote count to the total, all states become irrelevant, as they should in the process of electing a president.  The president should be picked by all voting citizens of the country, rather than the handful of swing states. 

I never said "more" relevant. Equal would be nice however and that is what the EC does. 

The conversation of "swing states" is a media diatribe. There are no swing states in an election. There are some that at any given moment in history tend to go one way or the other. CA for example will be almost impossible to get to vote for a Republican but Reagan got their vote twice. Swing state only implies that the vote in that state is close. Those states might that are close changes from election to election. It is much like in my childhood, the called the southern US the Solid South because they voted in a block Democratic. 

In the previous election I never knew that Wisconsin or Michigan were swing states but they turned out to be just that in this cycle. 

Don't be sucked in by media terms. 

22 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

this is truly unfair.  it dilutes the individual voter's vote even further.  80,000 conservatives in Montana should not be able to cancel out 4,000,000 libs in California (I made those numbers up, but you get the point), just as the reverse that the district of Columbia  should not cancel out the millions of conservatives in texas

By your argument we need to do away with states and merely have a federal government like most countries. 

12 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

For Republicans CNN now is like watching the comedy channel.......

Those people have lost their minds over this election.

The View is also a blast to watch.....lol

MSNBC was a great program on election day and the day after. I was hooked. I'll bet their ratings were up those days. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I think they should weigh the votes by landmass.  That map looks pretty red to me....

OvvYPJu.jpg

It looks like Hillary got the deplorables comment all wrong.  The dumbarses that supported her are now the ones being deplorable.  There are a few here that talked about the haters at Trump's rallies.  Do they believe they could have been implanted now?  Those on here that were quick to condemn Trump's supporters are not saying anything about these idiots.  Again, as I have said before, if Clinton wins, Trump's supporters are not out there acting like fools.  So I ask you Big girl and new tobie, who are the haters?  My answer is Clinton's supporters.

These are some interesting stats.  

-Hillary got 6.8 million less votes than Obama in 2012 while Trump was down 1.9mil from Romney.

-1.1 million less blacks voted in this election including some key states. 

-Almost 100 million eligible voters did not vote this year(43.2%)

Maybe the democrats need to look in the mirror to figure out why they lost and quit blaming us racist bigots.  Maybe they shouldn't have nominated a criminal to run our country.  

This is the hidden content, please

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

These are some interesting stats.  

-Hillary got 6.8 million less votes than Obama in 2012 while Trump was down 1.9mil from Romney.

-1.1 million less blacks voted in this election including some key states. 

-Almost 100 million eligible voters did not vote this year(43.2%)

Maybe the democrats need to look in the mirror to figure out why they lost and quit blaming us racist bigots.  Maybe they shouldn't have nominated a criminal to run our country.  

This is the hidden content, please

I hope not...keep doing what you're doing...it's going great.